Noobie: Need Help Running Sample Projects on iOs Device.
657 4 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teentech315
New

United States

Hello Community,

I am new to Swift. I have tried to watch the videos and follow the tutorials about running the Mobile SDK sample projects
on an iOS device. I'm lost from the Coca Pod installation all the way down. Any help, video suggestions, or detailed instructions will
be highly appreciated. I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and iOS 13.4.1.  My drone is a Mavic Pro.

Thanks in advance!
2020-5-26
Use props
想养一条边牧
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1155 ft
Hong Kong

Have you installed the coca pod success? Can you please post some screenshots about your issue?
2020-5-27
Use props
teentech315
New

United States

想养一条边牧 Posted at 5-27 01:01
Have you installed the coca pod success? Can you please post some screenshots about your issue?

Thanks for your response. I was finally able to get the DJI Swift Demo sample code to run on my iPhone without crashing. One of the things I had to do was open the project from the .xcworkspace file instead of the .xcproject file. I also had to add a NSBluetoothAlwaysUsageDescription to my info.plist file.
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

teentech315 Posted at 5-27 04:53
Thanks for your response. I was finally able to get the DJI Swift Demo sample code to run on my iPhone without crashing. One of the things I had to do was open the project from the .xcworkspace file instead of the .xcproject file. I also had to add a NSBluetoothAlwaysUsageDescription to my info.plist file.

Those are gotchas that I ran into when I first started too!
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Glad you got past your issue!  Just a little nugget for the future or for other newbies - the most common cocoa pod commands used with our iOS SDKs are:

sudo gem install cocoapods
pod install
pod init
pod repo update

2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules