Is there any way to chrarge an iPhone while is connected to the r...
499 6 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brucom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10171 ft
Italy

Hello everyone
Problem is that having 3 drone batteries you can fly more then what allowed by the iPhone battery, usually quicky discharging because of high backlight ruquired by the brilliant sunlight.
Indeed I mean to fly without stoping for at least 1 hour to reacharge the iPhone by a power bank.
Thank you

2020-5-26
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

The remote will only charge android phones, but I am surprised you can't fly that long with a fully charged iPhone, even on full brightness. Sounds like you need a new battery or new iPhone.
2020-5-27
Use props
Brucom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10171 ft
Italy

Deucalion Posted at 5-27 01:24
The remote will only charge android phones, but I am surprised you can't fly that long with a fully charged iPhone, even on full brightness. Sounds like you need a new battery or new iPhone.

Hi and thank you for the reply.
Battery health is 94%
Could it help to switch to airplane mode?

Nevertheless, I was thinking to a mini powered USB hub connected to a power bank but, indeed, the thing starts to be bulky.
2020-5-27
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brucom Posted at 5-27 01:42
Battery health is 94%
Could it happen to switch to airplane mode?

Your phone battery should last much more than an hour, you could try aeroplane mode as that may help the transmission distance as well.

Most Android users would love to have your situation, I find its a much bigger problem for the remote running out of batteries as its charging my phone needlessly.
2020-5-27
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

Brucom Posted at 5-27 01:42
Battery health is 94%
Could it help to switch to airplane mode?

There should be some splitter/y-cable, so you can have power and data from 2 sources.

HOW good they work and how many other adapters you need, to connect it to the remote is a different question.
Also you would need a battery pack somwhere, so that the iPhone gets recharged.

But dont forget, this cables were mostly build for headphones.. So I am not 100% sure that it even works..
Something like this:

2020-5-27
Use props
USS Sprite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31427 ft
United States

Hello,

For my iPhone X I use the Smart Battery Case.  It’s a little bulky but I can get it to fit in the DJI Remote as long as style points aren’t counted.  I think the Smart Battery Case (The Apple brand one) is required since it has that Lightning pass through so the DJI remote can communicate with the phone.  I’m not sure a different battery case would offer the same capability.
2020-5-27
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You might need to replace your phone battery. Mine has no issues but it is a newer iphone. Phone batteries decrease in efficiency the older and more they are used. Might be time to go to Apple and have the battery replaced.
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules