Corrupted Video Files
1098 14 2020-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Master DJI
New
United States

Hey guys,
Just sent my MA2 out for it’s maiden flight just to find out that all video files are corrupted on the sd card no matter what I do to correct this issue. Formatted in drone and IMac several times.
The card was purchased with the drone from the DJI store. I tried using other known high speed cards that work, but still the have the same problem.
What’s interesting is that it takes photos no problem, but videos are always corrupted both either in mp4 or mov formats.
All FW is up to date including the app. Also the videos do not cache to the device even when it is turned on. (iPad Mini 4).128gb.
I have tried re flashing the FW with assistant 2 but still the same issue.
Has anyone else had this issue and or do I have a defective aircraft? Any advise or answers would be appreciated.
Thanks, DM..

2020-5-27
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Have you tried different video and codec settings? Are you recording mp4 or .mov files, I'm using PC so perhaps other mac users can offer some advice but it might just be settings?
2020-5-27
Use props
Peo
First Officer
Flight distance : 25409793 ft
Sweden

Is it 265 codec. try 264 insteed
2020-5-27
Use props
Drone Master DJI
New
United States

Smashey1 Posted at 5-27 07:02
Have you tried different video and codec settings? Are you recording mp4 or .mov files, I'm using PC so perhaps other mac users can offer some advice but it might just be settings?

Thanks for the reply. Just so you know, I own several DJI aircraft and have a rather large fleet of aircraft.
Unless DJI has changed something in the format with the MA2, there should be no problem with playing the files. My Mavic 2 Pro has no issues with corrupted video files what so ever. I still feel there is a problem with drone or it’s hardware. I just want to be sure before I send it back for an exchange.
2020-5-27
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried different video and codec settings?

Never knew you could change any of those on any of the mavic range of quads, well you learn something new every day.

But to answer the questions you say Imac, which im guessing is apple (im more a PC man) do the files play if you open the file player in the app (you should be able to copy the files from the quad to the Ipad using the app), if they do it suggests your Imac isnt capable of reading the files, Have you anyone near by with a windows PC and see if they play ok on that ?
2020-5-27
Use props
Drone Master DJI
New
United States

Peo Posted at 5-27 07:13

I will double check the codec one last time. Thanks.
2020-5-27
Use props
Drone Master DJI
New
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 5-27 07:26
Have you tried different video and codec settings?

I should of mentioned that I also use PC and have tried playing the files on that as well.
This is how I have come to the conclusion that it is the drone itself. The reason I started this thread.
2020-5-27
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Can you upload a small file? There have been a few people who thought their recordings are corrupted, and it turned out that their computers were not capable of decoding the material in realtime, causing display corruption.
2020-5-27
Use props
Drone Master DJI
New
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 5-27 07:44
Can you upload a small file? There have been a few people who thought their recordings are corrupted, and it turned out that their computers were not capable of decoding the material in realtime, causing display corruption.

I have been playing back 4K 60 files on the Mac with no problems from my other aircraft no problems, even from the cards. So it is not a issue with that. I will see if I can upload a small clip later as I am on my pad right now and at the office.
Thanks for helping me guys!
2020-5-27
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Bitrate is also a consideration. Both the Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire 1 from your profile record at a bitrate that's lower than the Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-27
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Drone Master DJI Posted at 5-27 07:52
I have been playing back 4K 60 files on the Mac with no problems from my other aircraft no problems, even from the cards. So it is not a issue with that. I will see if I can upload a small clip later as I am on my pad right now and at the office.
Thanks for helping me guys!

Ok so here is my issue, and its related, I used a mates Mavic 2 zoom to film a flight in 4K at 25fps and like Drone Master DJI all the MP4 files wont play in windows media player, but if I import them into my cyberlink power director program they work fine in that.

but 1080p files play fine, so im guessing that something in windoze doesnt like the format.

@ Drone Master DJi , i'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone finds a fix
2020-6-2
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Hi. The only time I ever got a corrupted video file on a drone was when I forgot to stop the video recording before I turned off the power to the drone. Hope that is what happened to you.
2020-6-2
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

Hi, If you unable to repair corrupted video files from your SD card I would suggest you can try video reapir software such as Stellar Repair for Video which easily repair corrupt video files from SD card or drone. Thanks!
2020-7-26
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Also the videos do not cache to the device even when it is turned on. (iPad Mini 4).128gb.
2021-3-23
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 3-23 13:55
Also the videos do not cache to the device even when it is turned on. (iPad Mini 4).128gb.

I get a caching problem as well but I use a Samsung Galaxy S9 running android 10OS and I'm running the  version 1.2.1 FlyApp.  I think there might be something in the release notes of the FlyApp that address using an iPad?  Something like you may need to use and older version of the App?  I just glossed over it since I was not going to use an iPad?  might be worth a look though.  
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules