GS Pro set course perpendicular to azimuth
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
will.mcinneshakai.org
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21699 ft
Canada

Hi,
I just got our P4 MS, and tested it yesterday.

There was a warning in GS Pro to set the course direction perpendicular to the azimuth for accurate data. What does that mean exactly and why does it want that? I couldn't find reference to that error anywhere in the manual or online.
2020-5-27
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hope it helps

2020-5-27
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-5-27
Use props
will.mcinneshakai.org
lvl.2
Canada

Neither of those addressed my issue, but thanks for posting anyway.
2020-5-28
Use props
CB PD
New
Flight distance : 2782 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to understand this as well!
2020-5-30
Use props
arkkgs
lvl.1

Sweden

me too... the term "perpendicular to azimuth"seems meaningless, since azimuth is just the horisontal direction counted from north
2020-6-3
Use props
will.mcinneshakai.org
lvl.2
Canada

arkkgs Posted at 6-3 04:10
me too... the term "perpendicular to azimuth"seems meaningless, since azimuth is just the horisontal direction counted from north

My best guess is that they are talking about a course perpendicular to the way the drone is initially facing, but for what reason I'm not sure.
2020-6-5
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

arkkgs Posted at 6-3 04:10

yep.correct ....I use the same terminology to position by Solar panels
2020-6-25
Use props
NB-geo
New
Flight distance : 20420 ft
Spain

I think the software recommends flying with that azimuth so you have a better coating of the area to be inspected. You can enter that azimuth in the advanced settings screen in "course angle" otherwise you can skip it and fly anyway. I hope I helped you.
2020-7-9
Use props
Globehun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2073045 ft
Hungary

It wants it, because there may be some reconstruction errors/mistakes in TERRA if you choose "course aligned".
2020-7-11
Use props
djiuser_KqdH1ZK0agss
New

United States

I have found little to no documentation concerning this setting. I also want to know the true reason this setting was deemed important enough for DJI to include it as a check prior to flight. That said, my gut feeling is that it actually has something to do with the sunlight sensor on the drone. When course aligned with the azimuth, I wonder if it aligns the sunlight sensor more effectively to better balance the imagery and remove the darkening effects of partly cloudy days or areas where the drone is shaded by a hillside or similar obstruction? I don't know this for sure, but considering that the azimuth alignment has more to do with the drone's relation to astral bodies such as the sun it would stand to reason that it has something to do with the one sensor on the drone meant to detect sunlight. Again, not sure, but this is my best guess.
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules