M2P Connection Riddle.
597 15 2020-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I tried to connect my M2P for the first time this year.. inside my house. The RC said I was connected but the GO4 app said Not Connected. I pulled the joy sticks down and the rotors started. I could also lift off, but there was no camera image on my RC and no GO4 telemetry on the display. I shut down everything and tried again. This time the RC said I was in a NFZ, and the rotors wouldn’t start up. Still no GO4 display. When I selected “Connect to Device”, I saw the 4 steps for connecting the RC to the Device but it was ineffective. Tried many times.

I drove out into the country away from the NFZ and tried again. Same results as as in my house… I could start the rotors and lift off but no image from the camera and no GO4 telemetry. Obviously the RC and the M2P were connected or I wouldn't be able to fly.

This might be a software or firmware version problem but I’m not sure. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix?

2020-5-27
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hello Waltwblady,

Did you update to the latest softwareversions ?  If not, I guess this is the first thing to try/do...

After purchasing my M2P, I also witnessed sporadic the problem that no video was shown on the smart controller...
Powering off/up the drone and controller mostly solved the issue.  Since the last update, I did not witnessed this again up to now...
2020-5-27
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Belgium

Maybe also good to start the tests without memory card(s)...
2020-5-27
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

1st time this YEAR

You'll need to update iPad

GO4 needs update as well as RC and AC

You might even try a new cable.......

Randy
2020-5-27
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

I forgot to mention that when I turned the RC ON, the display said "Ready To Go" and "OPTI Mode".

I've got the RC connected to a 7" CrystalSky. The GO4 app version is dpi.go.v4cs_35881.apk - May 3, 2019. I selected this version and clicked Install the latest version.
2020-5-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Had kind of the same with my former drone, a mavic pro (version 1). The problem was the connection cable between controller  and smart phone.

One of the reasons I got the smart controller.
2020-5-27
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

I've updated all the firmware and software for my kit. The GO4 App still says my RC and M2P are NOT connected. The biggest riddle is... why does the RC allow me to start the props and take off?
2020-5-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

waltwblady.com Posted at 5-27 15:10
I've updated all the firmware and software for my kit. The GO4 App still says my RC and M2P are NOT connected. The biggest riddle is... why does the RC allow me to start the props and take off?

simply because your RC is connected to your M2P. Your smart phone has no connection to your RC, so it doesn't see your M2P either.
It even will be possible to fly your M2P using your RC alone. Problem is you don't see a thing on your smart phone and you have no telemetrics from your M2P on your phone.

It might be a problem in the cable or the connectors of either your phone or RC.
2020-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you only have one cable connected to the controller.
2020-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you only have one cable connected to the controller.
2020-5-28
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 5-28 00:20
simply because your RC is connected to your M2P. Your smart phone has no connection to your RC, so it doesn't see your M2P either.
It even will be possible to fly your M2P using your RC alone. Problem is you don't see a thing on your smart phone and you have no telemetrics from your M2P on your phone.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. My RC is connected to a 7" CrystalSky monitor, not to a smart phone. The GO4 App is in the CrystalSky. I've tried another cable with the same results. I flew my M2P successfully all last year, then put it away in the Winter. The problem started when I fired up the drone this week.
2020-5-28
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

After discussing this problem on the DJI chat line, seems that the problem is with the CrystalSky tablet. I tried my iPhone, and the video and telemetry worked. The 7" CrystalSky is a pretty expensive piece of equipment (about $1500 CDN) to last only one year. Maybe I just got a lemon, maybe not, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.
2020-5-28
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Belgium

waltwblady.com Posted at 5-28 08:34
After discussing this problem on the DJI chat line, seems that the problem is with the CrystalSky tablet. I tried my iPhone, and the video and telemetry worked. The 7" CrystalSky is a pretty expensive piece of equipment (about $1500 CDN) to last only one year. Maybe I just got a lemon, maybe not, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Hello,

That's good to read.... so without crystalsky everything works normal....?
Did you try it with another monitor to see if it works...?

Is the crystalsky only connected with the HDMI-connection or also the USB ?
No memory cards also present in the Crystalsky ?
2020-5-28
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

KDP + Posted at 5-28 09:24
Hello,

That's good to read.... so without crystalsky everything works normal....?

Unfortunately I don't have another monitor to try out. The CrystalSky is connected with a USB cable  to the RC. There is one memory card in the CrystalSky. It's been in there from the beginning.
2020-5-28
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If applicable or possible, connect a phone or some memeory device, maybe even, if wise, the Crystalsky to a computer with the cable/s you are attempting to use and check if the computer sees the device. If the computer does not see the device I'd suspect the cable/s.
2020-5-28
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

I think I'll just use my iPhone from now on.
2020-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules