Unbelievable
951 11 2020-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DLH Sean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22487 ft

United States

So long story short, I own a spark, phantom 3 advanced, phantom 4 advanced and a phantom 4 rtk. In total close to 10k invested. After a firmware update the gimbal would not center. Absolutely no damage observable and after many attempts to refresh the firmware the problem persisted. Decided to send it in for diagnostics and and repair. I just received the quote and it is causing me to reconsider the trust I had in DJI. I took detailed photos before packaging it in the original styrofoam case and shipping it. DJI provided the photos that show the items to be repaired  and I can say that they are definitely not my drone. Is this typical of how they operate? I was even looking to add the P4 multi spectral to my investment. Now it’s more likely I will sell all of my drones and look at the options of a different manufacturer. Does anyone know who I can contact to resolve this? Has this happened to others? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
2020-5-27
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.2

United States

This is happening on my phantom 4 advanced. I have included a recent thread from phantom pilots that I came across since I sent it in. Is this a known problem? The video is identical to the problem I was having.
C7A29549-01A5-4258-86AC-9196DCA3DC34.png
382AB358-2852-4705-9A6F-74BB5CD0BBA9.png
F5DBAFE7-C5A2-4463-9A7B-462A720C7561.png
6DE54A25-DDB1-409B-8434-5ABE34DE3F34.png
E41C44EB-BA67-4BEC-A61C-EE19405ED65C.png
E2CBF928-E9FF-4828-A162-1BB9C65079E0.png
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I managed to get your case number via your forum account, your case has been escalated to our supervisor team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, please wait patiently. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-5-27
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-27 20:37
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I managed to get your case number via your forum account, your case has been escalated to our supervisor team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, please wait patiently. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for replying Natalia, any idea how long it may be until someone responds? A day or within the week?
Thanks again, Sean
2020-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DLH Sean Posted at 5-28 12:04
Thank you for replying Natalia, any idea how long it may be until someone responds? A day or within the week?
Thanks again, Sean

Hi Sean, our supervisor team will contact you soon, I will also help you keep an eye on it. Thanks.
2020-5-28
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.2

United States

I received an email from DJI and they offered me a 15% reduction on the repairs, however my main concern is on the diagnostics. I have included 2 images, one from right before I sent it in and one I received back from service. The reason it was sent in was due to camera roll, the gimbal would not stay at the horizon. Why does the image from DJI not have the same down angle? When zoomed it is clear to see that the camera body on the one I sent is very clean, yet the other image looks grimy and dirty. Would it have become dirty during diagnostics? I am wondering if the images are actually of my drone. Any help is appreciated, thank you again.
955014C9-4AEE-45B6-998F-C5C481D00D00.jpeg
6CE8D7A1-BEDA-4477-AFF8-3275EB6335C3.jpeg
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DLH Sean Posted at 5-29 08:32
I received an email from DJI and they offered me a 15% reduction on the repairs, however my main concern is on the diagnostics. I have included 2 images, one from right before I sent it in and one I received back from service. The reason it was sent in was due to camera roll, the gimbal would not stay at the horizon. Why does the image from DJI not have the same down angle? When zoomed it is clear to see that the camera body on the one I sent is very clean, yet the other image looks grimy and dirty. Would it have become dirty during diagnostics? I am wondering if the images are actually of my drone. Any help is appreciated, thank you again.

Your concerns have been forwarded to our engineers for the team to double review, please wait patiently for the further follow-up by our supervisor team, thank you.
2020-5-30
Use props
fans09393702
New

Israel

Hey friends,
Weird problem with the remote.
This is the Mavic 2 Zoom, the remote control lights up and functions normally, but:
1. The display does not work at all on the remote itself (flight data, height, distanc etc)
2. Even when it is closed and I give a slight click to check battery status there is no response.
Ideas? Maybe reset it?
The Drone is about two months out of warranty.
2020-5-30
Use props
fans09393702
New

Israel

Hey friends,
This is the Mavic 2 Zoom, the remote control lights up and functions normally, but:
1. The display does not work at all on the remote itself (flight data, height, distanc etc)
2. Even when it is closed and I give a slight click to check battery status there is no response.
Ideas? Maybe reset it?
The Drone is about two months out of warranty.
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans09393702 Posted at 5-30 02:00
Hey friends,

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties with the RC, per your description, it seems the RC fails to connect to the APP, what is the error message in the APP? What mobile phone are you using? How about having a try with another phone?
2020-6-1
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.2

United States

Well thought I would provide an update, I have had no response from Natalia, yet she responded to the person who hijacked my thread. I did receive an update from the service department and they now inform me the pitch motor is also bad. Having asked multiple times as to why the photos do not seem to represent the drone I sent in for repair, I have yet to get an answer on that. They offered a 20% discount, however I am more interested in an explanation. I have invested a fair amount of money in DJI and find myself disappointed with the response so far. Starting a business is stressful enough, I would certainly hope that the manufacturer would stand behind their products and services. I was looking at expanding my services and that would have meant paying DJI even more money. The 5k I was going to spend on the multi-spectral phantom now has me looking at what other manufacturers offer. Seeing the number of negative comments on the forum regarding service is also troubling,
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DLH Sean Posted at 6-3 19:32
Well thought I would provide an update, I have had no response from Natalia, yet she responded to the person who hijacked my thread. I did receive an update from the service department and they now inform me the pitch motor is also bad. Having asked multiple times as to why the photos do not seem to represent the drone I sent in for repair, I have yet to get an answer on that. They offered a 20% discount, however I am more interested in an explanation. I have invested a fair amount of money in DJI and find myself disappointed with the response so far. Starting a business is stressful enough, I would certainly hope that the manufacturer would stand behind their products and services. I was looking at expanding my services and that would have meant paying DJI even more money. The 5k I was going to spend on the multi-spectral phantom now has me looking at what other manufacturers offer. Seeing the number of negative comments on the forum regarding service is also troubling,

Sorry for the inconvenience, our supervisor team has followed up on your case and provided the resolution. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules