Faulty DJI FPV Air Unit
4557 8 2020-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucci_O
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

I recently purchased a DJI FPV Air Unit and goggles. I wired the air unit to my FC and proceeded to try and activate them using the DJI windows app.
The goggles were plugged in and showed up on the app and were activated with no issues. The Air Unit, however, does not appear on the app when plugged in. When powered on the air unit has a red light on and heats up but does not connect to the computer and does not go into bind mode when the bind button is pressed. Has anyone else had issues like this?? I am thinking I may have a faulty Air Unit...
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Lucci_O, you may have not connected the air unit camera, kindly please check it and connect the camera before the activation. At the same time, please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) V2.0.2 from DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/fpv/info#downloads. Should there any further issue, please feel free to let me know, thanks.
2020-5-27
Use props
Lucci_O
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-27 19:36
Hi Lucci_O, you may have not connected the air unit camera, kindly please check it and connect the camera before the activation. At the same time, please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) V2.0.2 from DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/fpv/info#downloads. Should there any further issue, please feel free to let me know, thanks.

The camera came pre-installed to the air unit and I haven't tampered with it so it should work out of the box correct? I also have already installed the software but when I try and connect the air unit to the computer it dosent appear. The goggles did just fine.
I'm still stumped as to what's going on
2020-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lucci_O Posted at 5-28 03:55
The camera came pre-installed to the air unit and I haven't tampered with it so it should work out of the box correct? I also have already installed the software but when I try and connect the air unit to the computer it dosent appear. The goggles did just fine.
I'm still stumped as to what's going on

Yes, normally, it should work out of the box. Could you please change the USB interface, reinstall the DJI Assistant 2, or waiting for the Air Unit to be cooled, then change a computer to try it again? If the issue still persists, kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. Thanks.
2020-5-28
Use props
Lucci_O
lvl.1

Canada

Unfortunately nothing has worked so far ☹️ I'm opening a case with support
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lucci_O Posted at 5-29 03:04
Unfortunately nothing has worked so far ☹️ I'm opening a case with support

Sorry to hear that, in this case, please send back at your most convenience, our repair center will help figure it out.
2020-5-29
Use props
Darock
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Is there any another solution than sending the air unit back?

2020-10-15
Use props
Lucci_O
lvl.1

Canada

Darock Posted at 10-15 04:03
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Is there any another solution than sending the air unit back?

Well I ordered a new one because support didn't get back to me, I re-soldered the new one and it worked fine ... I built a second drone that had a dedicated plug for the air unit directly in the flight controller (no soldering required) and plugged in the faulty one and it worked to my suprise. I'm assuming it had to do with the wire I was using the first time.

My advice.
1. Make sure that the air unit is getting the required power from the 9V pin (use a meter)
2. Remove all the soldered wire, clean the pins and resolder the wires.
3. Make sure that you wire TX to RX and RX to TX on the board that also could be the issue.
4. In betaflight make sure you enable the uart port that the air unit is using and configure all the settings needed there.

If not try and send it back. Hope this helps
2020-10-15
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-5-29 23:42
Sorry to hear that, in this case, please send back at your most convenience, our repair center will help figure it out.

Unfortunately, none of that works, In fact have two new units, goggles, remote are on the newest firmware, both air units were registered, updated firmware and bound to the goggles and remote. the one installed on my quad was connected to a DJI ready AIO FC via a connector, and provided cord. It worked perfectly during set up.  Went to bed, today I buttoned up the quad and put the props on and it is now doing exactly what is described by OP.  I tried 4 different USB C cables, 2 are official DJI cables, 5 different USB slots on a new HP pc, uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 FPV twice, Then hooked other DJI Air unit and did the same above mentioned steps, and NOTHING, red light only, won't connect to Assistant, or goggles or remote.  What are the chances of getting two faulty units?
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules