Programatically pause timeline mission after DJIGimbalAttitudeAction
1023 6 2020-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

I have created a timeline mission to run a set of actions so the drone (Phantom 3 Professional) flies in a straight line while capturing photos at 2 second intervals while the camera points straight down. I want the mission to pause just after the gimbal action completes. Here are the scheduled actions:

DJITakeOffAction
DJIGoToAction (coordinate with altitude)
DJIGimbalAttitudeAction (pitch -90)
DJIShootPhotoAction (initWithPhotoCount 20, interval 2 seconds, wait NO)  
DJIGoToAction (coordinate with altitude)  

The mission runs fine but I want to pause the timeline programatically after a DJIGimbalAttitudeAction completes so I can adjust the camera settings before the last two actions are run.

Is this possible? I tried to execute this if the indexOfScheduledElement matched the index of the DJIGimbalAttitudeAction timeline element in the addListenerToTimelineProgressWithBlock of DJIMissionControl but I got a DJISDKMissionErrorDomain error 10007

On playing around with this, pausing programmatically seems to work fine if the timeline is in the middle of something like a DJIGoToAction but anything else seems to cause an error. Is there a better way to execute pauseTimeline cleanly?
Thanks
2020-5-27
Use props
Spacemarine
lvl.4
  • >>>
China

Use pauseTimeline, See Link: https://developer.dji.com/api-re ... ausetimeline_inline
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

I am using pauseTimeline however it throws errors depending on the current DJIMissionControlTimelineEvent being received for the currently running element in the TimelineProgress listener. I found that if I trigger pauseTimeline when the currently running timeline element is DJIMissionControlTimelineEventStarted it will pause just fine as long as the action/element running is NOT a DJIShootPhotoAction - any pause on a DJIShootPhotoAction results in a camera busy error. Its weird, if the same actions (e.g. DJIGoToAction, DJIAircraftYawAction, DJIGimbalAttitudeAction) are at the DJIMissionControlTimelineEventProgressed stage it fails with DJISDKMissionErrorDomain error 10007

But another twist is if a DJIGoToAction element is at the DJIMissionControlTimelineEventProgressed just after the element has started to run it will fail but if I wait a couple of seconds and then pause the timeline it will work fine and not throw an error. Seems like a SDK bug
2020-5-29
Use props
Spacemarine
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Since P3A is too old, we don't know the bug is from P3A firmware or SDK. Maybe try the official sample first and compare to your code.
Link: https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobil ... ionControlView.java
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

I'm pretty sure its an SDK bug. I have tested on 4.12 and 4.11.2 as well as with a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro all which have the latest available firmware for each installed. I filed a bug report with DJI
2020-6-2
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA Posted at 6-2 09:25
I'm pretty sure its an SDK bug. I have tested on 4.12 and 4.11.2 as well as with a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro all which have the latest available firmware for each installed. I filed a bug report with DJI

Did you file a bug with dev@dji.com or support@dji.com?  What's your ticket number?

-Lisa, DJI Developer Support
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

Hi Lisa, I filed it on github - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-iOS/issues/366 (Zendesk ticket #35159) and Luce mentioned an engineer would be contacted. Should I also email dev@dji.com or support@dji.com?
2020-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules