Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoint planning with Waypoint 2.0
355 11 5-27 18:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-MSDK

United States

Mission Waypoints function as a powerful tool to automate UAV flight planning. A developer can specify altitude, target a location for flight actions, maintain route control, and much more.

In order to open up this tool to more developers, Waypoint 2.0 has expanded it’s reach to provide richer and more comprehensive features, such as:
  • The ability to use the Onboard SDK to automate tasks with Waypoints
  • More options and convenient controls in the Mobile SDK to help developers design waypoint tasks.
  • New interfaces for the Payload SDK, that allows for custom control over a UAV’s third party equipment during a Waypoint Mission.

Upgrade highlights
  • Massive data: maximum support of 65535 waypoints and 65535 actions
  • Flexible control: multiple triggering methods, and support to configure different speeds for a single waypoint, modify or query the flight speed during the drone flight
  • Safety and autonomy: developers can continue to configure flight operations after a remote control is disconnected
  • Rich action: support to control multiple and different types of payloads

WayPoint 2.0 has become more powerful and easier to use, allowing developers to build smarter and more intuitive applications

Develop applications using OSDK
Upload Mission Information
  • Waypoint Mission ID
  • Waypoints
  • Tasks + Repetition
  • End Action
  • Maximum Flight speed
  • Cruise Speed

Upload Waypoint Information
1. Basic parameters
  • Waypoint coordinates
  • Waypoint type
  • Course type
  • Flight speed

2. Optional parameters
  • Buffer distance
  • Heading angle
  • Steering mode
  • Point of Interest
  • Max Flight Speed
  • Cruising Speed

3. Set action information (optional)
  • Setting Action ID
  • Trigger
  • Actuator

Upload Waypoint Task Information
1. Waypoint Controls during execution
  • Start
  • Stop
  • Pause
  • Set/Get cruise speed

Note: For more details on waypoint planning with the OSDK, please refer to OSDK "WaypointV2MissionOperator”

Use MSDK to develop mobile apps
MSDK not only supports all the features and advantages of Waypoint 2.0 mentioned above but it also supports the dynamic ability to set a variety of flight methods for different waypoints. Providing more control over speed ​​and flight commands makes it easier for developers to make a mobile app that allows their users the freedom to design waypoint tasks that are more effective in meeting advanced mission goals.

Note: For how to use the waypoint planning function in MSDK, please refer to MSDK ’s Waypoint V2 API documentation

Control payload equipment developed with the PSDK
When developers make custom controls for a third party payload device developed with the PSDK, they can now also add tasks for the payload to execute during a waypoint mission using features like switches, buttons and range bars.
Note: For how to use the waypoint planning function in PSDK, please refer to PSDK Custom control
5-27 18:10
Use props
sd12499
New

United Kingdom

Is the support for 65535 waypoints only limited to certain drones or is it available on all drones supported by the MSDK ?
6-11 07:30
Use props
fans01083097
New

Germany

Can different Routes be stored parallel in order to run them in a certain timelpse to register the dvelopments of landscapes, forests etc.??
6-16 01:10
Use props
内涵阿哥
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791867 ft
  • >>>
China

sd12499 Posted at 6-11 07:30
Is the support for 65535 waypoints only limited to certain drones or is it available on all drones supported by the MSDK ?

Per my understanding, it can only support M300, which just shipped 2 months ago.
6-27 22:20
Use props
内涵阿哥
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791867 ft
  • >>>
China

fans01083097 Posted at 6-16 01:10
Can different Routes be stored parallel in order to run them in a certain timelpse to register the dvelopments of landscapes, forests etc.??

Waypoint 2.0  is a low level interface,  it is more flexible than previous.  Whie,  if you need  a feature which can store and manage multiple routes,  this need an external software to do it.  eg:  your own APP or cloud APP.
6-27 22:23
Use props
JohanH
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello,

I created an IOS app in the UX SDK that supports among other features a waypoint mission designer. I used waypoint v1 APIs to create the waypoint mission and would like to have a list of the DJI aircraft I can support with the UX SDK and the waypoint v1 features and which one need or support Waypoint 2?

TIA, Johan

6-29 05:22
Use props
DJI_Lisa
Second Officer
United States

JohanH Posted at 6-29 05:22
Hello,

I created an IOS app in the UX SDK that supports among other features a waypoint mission designer. I used waypoint v1 APIs to create the waypoint mission and would like to have a list of the DJI aircraft I can support with the UX SDK and the waypoint v1 features and which one need or support Waypoint 2?

You can see a list of the products our SDK supports here: https://developer.dji.com/products/#!/mobile

Just use the drop down menu to change SDK views - please note UX SDK is not listed but supports the same products MSDK does.  In addition you can find all product support listed in release notes found here: https://developer.dji.com/ux-sdk/downloads/

Currently only the M300 supports WP 2.0 but you can look forward to future hardware products offering WP 2.0 as well
7-1 16:49
Use props
JohanH
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI_Lisa Posted at 7-1 16:49
You can see a list of the products our SDK supports here: https://developer.dji.com/products/#!/mobile

Just use the drop down menu to change SDK views - please note UX SDK is not listed but supports the same products MSDK does.  In addition you can find all product support listed in release notes found here: https://developer.dji.com/ux-sdk/downloads/

Thanks Lisa, I was a little confused by seeing a 'Waypoints 2.0' support for the Mavic 2 series, with a video showing an altitude setting for the POI, which the waypoints v1.0 does not support.
7-2 04:42
Use props
djiuser_HZdHWfTCh01N
New

Pakistan

Hi,

I dont know if this is off the post, but can any one let me know the procedure to get SDKs. I have mavic 2 Pro and I want to develop an app(if there is an existing app then let me know please) where I can put destination coordinates and Drone should fly to that point and record video and come back to home safely . First of all I dont know from where I can get SDKs
7-3 03:46
Use props
kv886
lvl.3

South Africa

JohanH Posted at 7-2 04:42
Thanks Lisa, I was a little confused by seeing a 'Waypoints 2.0' support for the Mavic 2 series, with a video showing an altitude setting for the POI, which the waypoints v1.0 does not support.

Only the M300 supports WP 2.0. Can you tell me where did you see the waypoint 2.0 that support Mavic 2 series?
7-3 05:49
Use props
kv886
lvl.3

South Africa

djiuser_HZdHWfTCh01N Posted at 7-3 03:46
Hi,

I dont know if this is off the post, but can any one let me know the procedure to get SDKs. I have mavic 2 Pro and I want to develop an app(if there is an existing app then let me know please) where I can put destination coordinates and Drone should fly to that point and record video and come back to home safely . First of all I dont know from where I can get SDKs

You can download it form dji developer website: https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/downloads/
7-3 05:51
Use props
JohanH
lvl.2

Netherlands

kv886 Posted at 7-3 05:49
Only the M300 supports WP 2.0. Can you tell me where did you see the waypoint 2.0 that support Mavic 2 series?

HI Lisa, here's an example that threw me off:

Besides the title "DJI Mavic 2 Waypoints 2.0 Tutorial", it allows to set different POIs per waypoint(s), and altitude of POI, which I are SDK's WaypointV2  features. I realize it's possible to set multiple POIs on a map, calc the heading to waypoints and set the mission heading to DJIWaypointMissionHeadingUsingWaypointHeading to get the same results as the POI property of individual waypoints in v2 but it gave me the impression it was created using  the SDK's WaypointV2  features.
7-6 15:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules