United States

2020-5-27
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think  it’s doing a great job and so are you. .
the blanking out is  probably because of your mobile device.
Contact your credit card company. If they don’t get In touch  soon.

You should move up to the Phantom or even the Inspire. 2.
2020-5-27
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

P.S.. This is not me. Just something I found on YouTube.
2020-5-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

maybe he would like to go back to renting a helicopter and hiring a pilot by the hour. ;)
2020-5-27
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes.
He wants the whole cake and to eat it too. His footage was great. It’s not a professional level tool but it does an amazing job.
He will have to deal with it or spend more $$$$.
2020-5-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

He loves the results from his Mavic Pro but seems to have assumed the the new Air 2 (which costs less than 70% of the older mavic's price) should be better?
Then wants a refund because it didn't live up to his unrealistic expectations?
Doesn't realise that it's normal for sport mode to burn batteries faster?
Thinks he will have to leave DJI because the new Air2 isn't as good as the more expensive older mavic that he loves?

He's not a clear thinker.
He should just buy another mavic Pro and keep doing what works for him.
And his glitches are likely to be dure to his phone or tablet rather than the drone.

2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

Isn't he using the Mavic Pro 1?

I think most of his points are very valid and understandable. I've had these signal dropouts as well and this should just not happen.
2020-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

h265 really needs the latest processors to be useable but you can use proxies to edit it and then export as h264.  Just adds more time.
2020-5-28
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 5-27 23:10
He loves the results from his Mavic Pro but seems to have assumed the the new Air 2 (which costs less than 70% of the older mavic's price) should be better?

Sorry?

Are you saying that the old Mavic pro is actually better than the Air 2?

I bought the Air 2 because I got the impression from here and from youtube that it would be better than the Mavic Pro (it was on sale at a lower price).
2020-5-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mailliw_Sirrom Posted at 5-28 11:13
Sorry?

Sorry?

The guy in the video says the old Mavic Pro suits his purposes better.
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_DoB9myAJAKZc
lvl.3

United States

Labroides Posted at 5-27 23:10

He prefaces the video saying those that are praising it or giving it good reviews are either paid by DJI, or got one for free in exchange for a positive review. He completely discounts the other reviewers on Youtube that actually paid for it and are enjoying the product.

Had he not said that I would have thought his pain points are understandable, but he's asking for the whole cake from a drone that does a lot more than the first Mavic Air and comes close to the higher tier model.

He should've done more research and set his expectations. He's like the guy that's no fun at parties. While everyone else are enjoying themselves, he's sitting in the corner alone berating  the people socializing and having fun.
2020-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_DoB9myAJAKZc Posted at 5-28 17:24
He prefaces the video saying those that are praising it or giving it good reviews are either paid by DJI, or got one for free in exchange for a positive review. He completely discounts the other reviewers on Youtube that actually paid for it and are enjoying the product.

Had he not said that I would have thought his pain points are understandable, but he's asking for the whole cake from a drone that does a lot more than the first Mavic Air and comes close to the higher tier model.

Here this guy takes no prisoners, although knows little about drones, he tells it straight.
2020-5-28
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

When it comes to doing work, you should go with the best tools for the job.  He needs a MP2 or greater, and some re-education.  I agree with a comment made above... his opinion of "all" the reviewers being in DJI's pocket is simply stupid.  Just search Mavic Air 2 in YouTube, see how many hits there are today...  he could not have seen all the reviews anyway.  But, he has a right to his opinion.  I am loving the MA2.  Thats mine!
2020-5-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

To quote him in another away, HE is the "total dud" ;-)

I don't understand why he assumes this would be an upgrade when the cost is lower. Maybe he suffers from poor math skills. He is in the US after all....and please get rid of that toy flag behind you....you do not deserve to display it. This coming from a US mil veteran.

I can't speak to the video editing dilemma he has. He says that only .h265 is available...but I see .h264 as an option. No expert here on the difference, but that makes me wonder about his objection.

His comments about the disconnects ring true for me also. HOWEVER, it only happens to me when using the cheap tablet I have. It NEVER happens when using the old cheap phone I have. I have another cheap tablet on order so we shall see if that is different. The truth is this is a totally new remote and we are starting from scratch with it and compatibility issues. He needs to grow up about that.
2020-5-28
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

@Gary, all the 60fps framerates are forced to H.265, which bothers me too....
2020-5-28
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 5-28 14:49
Sorry?
The guy in the video says the old Mavic Pro suits his purposes better.

You wrote:

"He loves the results from his Mavic Pro but seems to have assumed the the new Air 2 (which costs less than 70% of the older mavic's price) should be better?
Then wants a refund because it didn't live up to his unrealistic expectations?"

What exactly is unrealistic to expect that the Air 2 should be better than Mavic Pro?
If you are saying that the Air 2 is better than the Mavic Pro you might want to rephrase your reply.
2020-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mailliw_Sirrom Posted at 5-29 01:13
You wrote:

"He loves the results from his Mavic Pro but seems to have assumed the the new Air 2 (which costs less than 70% of the older mavic's price) should be better?

I can't see what's so hard to understand.
He loves his older drone that cost quite a bit more.
He bought a newer cheaper one and complains it's not as good as the more expensive one that he loves.
The problem is his expectation was unrealistic.
He wants another drone like his old one.
The solution is obvious ... he should go and buy one that does what he wants and not complain that his assumption was wrong.

Why do I have to spell this out a second time?
It should have been obvious just watching the video, or I've explained it already.
2020-5-29
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 5-29 01:45
I can't see what's so hard to understand.
He loves his older drone that cost quite a bit more.
He bought a newer cheaper one and complains it's not as good as the more expensive one that he loves.

I have seen the video.

But as I said, all inputs that I have is that the Air 2 is better than the old Mavic Pro.

Any expactations that it would perform better is of course true. It is just sad that in the defence of DJI you would say that the Mavic Pro is better than the Air 2.

But I have not used the Mavic Pro so I can not compare them.

I assume that the Air 2 is better and also assumes that is not an unrealistic expectation, contrary it is a realistic expectation that the Air 2 is better.  
This is the points he make in the video:

• Flight time: Return to home in 17 minutes is to short
  • Video: 4k/60fps shot in .265 format only.
  • Size: The size is to big, comparing to Mavic Pro. Including battery size
  • Weight: Handcontroller weighs to much.
  • Camera: In sport mode, the camera turns down when flying away.
  • Application: The screen goes blank occasionally.
  • Range: The ocusync 2.0 is not performing better, the range is about the same, but the signal is lost more often.
  • Customer support: Not up to par, needs improvement.

Besides the weight, size and perhaps the flight time, are there anything of this that you would not want or expect to be fixed?

Are there even in any of those points where you would honestly say that anyone buying the Air 2 should expect the Mavic Pro to be better?

2020-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mailliw_Sirrom Posted at 5-29 02:11
I have seen the video.

But as I said, all inputs that I have is that the Air 2 is better than the old Mavic Pro.

I shouldn't have had to explain what I wrote even once.
What I wrote in my first post was clear and simple.

But since you keep coming back...
It is just sad that in the defence of DJI you would say that the Mavic Pro is better than the Air 2.
What's sad is that you haven't understood my posts and all you want to do is nag me to tell me how great the Air 2 is ...
I never said the Mavic Pro is better than the Air 2 in any of my posts.
I never implied that the Mavic Pro is better than the Air 2 in any of my posts.
I never made any suggestion of what I think about the Pro or the Air 2

So go back and read what I actually wrote
And then let it go.
Goodbye

2020-5-29
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 5-29 04:05
I shouldn't have had to explain what I wrote even once.
What I wrote in my first post was clear and simple.

This is what you wrote:

It is pretty clear and that can't be interpreted into that you are saying nor implying anything else than that the Mavic Pro is better than the Air 2. You even give a reason for it to be a wrong to think that the Air 2 is or would be better in mentioning the price difference.

Comparing the specifications for Mavic Pro and Air 2 you may find details like that the ascend speed is higher on the Mavic Pro, otherwise the specs are better for Air 2 so it is very much a reasonable expectations to think that the Air 2 is better. (Because he liked the Mavic Pro is not a valid argument for it to be unreasonable to expect the Air 2 to be better.)

His gripes with the Air 2 of course they should be addressed and fixed.
2020-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mailliw_Sirrom Posted at 5-29 04:28
This is what you wrote:

I have no opinion either way about the two drones.
I don't care about either of them and I care even less what you have to say about them.
But I'm developing a strong opinion of you and your incessant and ignorant nagging.
Go and annoy someone else.

Get lost moron
2020-5-29
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 5-29 04:35
I have no opinion either way about the two drones.
I don't care about either of them and I care even less what you have to say about them.
But I'm developing a strong opinion of you and your incessant and ignorant nagging.

I'm not going to offend you as an argument ... you haven't either bother to reply to what you think is wrong with his complaints.

Anyway, I think that (any) expectations on that the Air 2 would be better than the Mavic Pro is realistic (even if the Air 2 is at a 70% cost of the Mavic Pro) and you don't think that those expectations are realistic. We have to agree that we obviously do not share that opinion.

2020-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mailliw_Sirrom Posted at 5-29 04:43
I'm not going to offend you as an argument ... you haven't either bother to reply to what you think is wrong with his complaints.

Anyway, I think that (any) expectations on that the Air 2 would be better than the Mavic Pro is realistic (even if the Air 2 is at a 70% cost of the Mavic Pro) and you don't think that those expectations are realistic. We have to agree that we obviously do not share that opinion.

you haven't either bother to reply to what you think is wrong with his complaints.
I haven't and I'm still not going to.
I don't care and I have no opinion on the matter myself.
But you'd have understood that if you read anything that I wrote.

All I did was to summarise what the video guy said.
I am not the video guy.
Why are you berating me about what that he said?

It's weird that your writing suggests that you understand English but you seem to have no comprehension at all.
You're a total loser.
2020-5-29
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 5-29 04:57
you haven't either bother to reply to what you think is wrong with his complaints.
I haven't and I'm still not going to.
I don't care and I have no opinion on the matter myself.

The reason that I am, in your words "nagging", is because I understand written english very well, I am worse in terms of writing. That is why I reiterate what you actually wrote, despite of you stating that you have not said nor implied what you think about the Air 2. Saying that it is unrealistic to expect the Air 2 to be better than the Mavic Pro would only rule out one of the listed examples of three optional states when comparing the drones:

• The Air is /expecteted to be/ better than Mavic Pro
  • The Air 2 is /expecteted to be/ just as good as the Mavic Pro
  • The Air 2 is /expecteted to be/ worse than the Mavic Pro

It is any of your opinion about second and third option that is not tellible from you post, in which you give a price comparisment as a reason for the first option it to be incorrect (I have referred to DJI and youtube as a reason for anyone to expect the Air 2 to be better than the Mavic Pro).

None of his complaints are to be expected to be better (besides any opinion about size, weight and perhaps fly time) on the Mavic Pro either, nor are any specifications given by DJI saying so.

They are also valid and I hold DJI to high enough regards in getting those fixed, pointing them out is a good thing for the community and not a bad thing.

What I quoted you on is a disservice in the defence of DJI, to go at that length to say that it is unrealistic to expect on Air 2 being better than Mavic Pro is just sad.

The text I quoted you on is just wrong, I am pretty sure that you also think so and why not admit to that instead of trying to fend of and deny the meaning of what you wrote. You just resort to insults, it feels kind of funny to be honest.
2020-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mailliw_Sirrom Posted at 5-29 05:31
The reason that I am, in your words "nagging", is because I understand written english very well, I am worse in terms of writing. That is why I reiterate what you actually wrote, despite of you stating that you have not said nor implied what you think about the Air 2. Saying that it is unrealistic to expect the Air 2 to be better than the Mavic Pro would only rule out one of the listed examples of three optional states when comparing the drones:

The text I quoted you on is just wrong, I am pretty sure that you also think so and why not admit to that instead of trying to fend of and deny the meaning of what you wrote.
So now you can read minds, you stupid, crazy troll?
But you cannot understand what I've explained over and over to you, moron.

I don't care for either Mavic and have no opinion on any of them.
Here's an idea for you.
If you feel so strongly that one is better than the other, instead of attacking me for summarising what some video guy said, how about you leave me alone and go after the video guy?
You could spend the next month or so educating him on your superior opinions.
Here he is:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBn8MR2Gyc_Ee50y_4ECfaQ
Go and make a new friend.

2020-5-29
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 5-29 05:47
The text I quoted you on is just wrong, I am pretty sure that you also think so and why not admit to that instead of trying to fend of and deny the meaning of what you wrote.
So now you can read minds, you stupid, crazy troll?
But you cannot understand what I've explained over and over to you, moron.

I wrote "pretty sure" that actually implies that even though I am certain and strongly think so  I may also be wrong. But as you also argue against that with an insult it actually confirm that you do think it is unrealistic to expect that the Air 2 would be better than the Mavic Pro, contrary to what DJI themself writes in their specifications, contrary to that for instance OcySync 2.0 is a later version and should be a better version concerning range also as per their specifications.

You seemingly care enough to resort to insults.

And I apparently think that you summarized the context of his video wrongly and I have pointed it out ...
2020-5-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There will always be issues.
At least when tech is involved
2020-6-2
Use props
Advanced