Firmware upgrade not working
1342 6 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cliffswinger
lvl.1
United States

Hello. I bought a phantom 4 in 2016 and didnt use it much. Got it out the other day and realized it needs 2 firmware upgrades-2017,2019. Plugged it in to Assisstant 2 and it goes all the way to 98% and then stalls. I have restored factory settings, tried each battery fully charged multiple times, tried several different SD cards, and tried doing the upgrades in all different orders. Any help would be appreciated very much!!!
2020-5-28
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've this happen a few times to me also. For me it came down to some intermittent internet connection. My desktop is connected over WiFi and for a while I was having a lot of dropped connections so during the firmware  upgrade it would freeze. I had to buy a new USB WiFi antenna because my old one was to flaky.

You could also try restarting your router or gateway to see if that helps improve your connection.
2020-5-29
Use props
cliffswinger
lvl.1
United States

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 5-29 07:47
I've this happen a few times to me also. For me it came down to some intermittent internet connection. My desktop is connected over WiFi and for a while I was having a lot of dropped connections so during the firmware  upgrade it would freeze. I had to buy a new USB WiFi antenna because my old one was to flaky.

You could also try restarting your router or gateway to see if that helps improve your connection.

Thank you. I will try that!
2020-5-29
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

cliffswinger Posted at 5-29 11:08
Thank you. I will try that!

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.
2020-5-29
Use props
jemimaedward
New

Pakistan

Hi, It is a common problem. I would suggest you to download this Firmware. You can simply enter your model here and download your version. It will remove all the errors for sure.
2020-6-8
Use props
cliffswinger
lvl.1
United States

jemimaedward Posted at 6-8 05:19
Hi, It is a common problem. I would suggest you to download this Firmware. You can simply enter your model here and download your version. It will remove all the errors for sure.

Hey. Is there a link or something. I’ve downloaded the firmware from DJI but if there’s another way I’m down to try! Thanks for you help!
2020-6-10
Use props
cliffswinger
lvl.1
United States

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 5-29 12:15
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.

I’ve tried it hard wired a few times and still no luck. I don’t think it’s a connection issue. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules