Waypoint altitude when importing KML in DJI Pilot
9556 9 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8WSiEju8ZUCM
lvl.1

Romania

I have been using DJI Pilot for mission planning on a Matrice 210 RTK v2, by importing KML files in Mission Flight -> KML Import -> Waypoint Mission.
The KML file has different altitudes for each waypoint, and i would like the drone to use the waypoint's altitude from KML when flying. However when i import the kml in mission flight , all waypoints are set by default to Height:Follow Route. Then i have to manually set each waypoint to Height: Defined, which is very tedious if there are many waypoints. Is there any way to configure DJI Pilot so waypoints are set to their own defined altitude(instead of route altitude) when importing the KML file?

2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_QUCq8DHtbLde
lvl.1
Canada

Did you find a solution for this problem?
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_8WSiEju8ZUCM
lvl.1

Romania

Yes, the waypoints need to be defined in a specific way in the .kml to be properly interpreted by DJI Pilot. I don't have the exact specifications at hand, but you can find them by creating a waypoint in DJI Pilot which has an individual height, and then exporting the route. Then check the format of the waypoint in the exported kml file, there are some DJI-specific tags that need to be present in the KML file. But you have to generate your waypoint missions programatically, since other programs (e.g. Google Earth) have no idea that those DJI-specific tags exist.
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_ZkIBuj2IhbNv
New

United States

djiuser_8WSiEju8ZUCM Posted at 7-13 02:10
Yes, the waypoints need to be defined in a specific way in the .kml to be properly interpreted by DJI Pilot. I don't have the exact specifications at hand, but you can find them by creating a waypoint in DJI Pilot which has an individual height, and then exporting the route. Then check the format of the waypoint in the exported kml file, there are some DJI-specific tags that need to be present in the KML file. But you have to generate your waypoint missions programatically, since other programs (e.g. Google Earth) have no idea that those DJI-specific tags exist.

I haven't been able to find out how to export a waypoint from DJI Pilot, how did you do that?

or, any chance you could post that waypoint kml file or the needed dji tags?

After hours of scanning the controller interface, the underlying files, etc I haven't been able to find a means to keep the kml altitudes.
EDIT: Finally found the steps to export a waypoint mission, entering here for anyone else having trouble:
DJI Pilot -> Mission Flight -> Create Route -> Waypoint -> Set Waypoints
tap screen to add a point
tap save icon on left of screen
tap upper left corner icon to get back to 'Library' view
tap upper right 'Select'
tap  on Waypoint1 (or whatever your route was saved as) and there will be blue check in upper left of the icon for that route
tap lower Export icon (lower right, square with arrow point to upper right)
select destination folder on device ( I had to create a new folder, then add the file to that new folder to get permission correct to create a file)
tap 'Export' in lower right
2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_8MQgWYOn3vdO
New

United States

Hi All,

So I've exported a waypoint mission from Pilot, changed the altitudes using a text editor, then re-uploaded it into the Pilot app and the Pilot app just moves everything back to the default flying height. I've uploaded an image below to show the text that I edited. Am I misinterpreting the syntax, or is it just impossible to change the flying height outside of the Pilot app?

2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_2E7F0aHzne4o
New

Russia

djiuser_8MQgWYOn3vdO Posted at 3-19 07:42
Hi All,

So I've exported a waypoint mission from Pilot, changed the altitudes using a text editor, then re-uploaded it into the Pilot app and the Pilot app just moves everything back to the default flying height. I've uploaded an image below to show the text that I edited. Am I misinterpreting the syntax, or is it just impossible to change the flying height outside of the Pilot app?

Where did you get the documentation for extended data xml dji tags? Could you share the link?
2021-4-16
Use props
IPGP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434852 ft

France

djiuser_2E7F0aHzne4o Posted at 4-16 08:03
Where did you get the documentation for extended data xml dji tags? Could you share the link?

Hi,

I need to created a lot of waypoints for my Matrice 210 RTK. I created this tool which input a csv file containing
point_name;lon;lat;height;heading;gimbal
waypoint_A;2.2595689652949886;48.02450015337408;15.0;180;-30
waypoint_B;2.2596269016191606;48.02450001605067;22.98;180;-50
waypoint_C;2.2596653502913546;48.02450001248549;25.98;180;-60

Then it creates a kml file which could be imported in Pilot. You can also modify the template in the file. Now, the drone hovers 2 seconds and takes a pictures before going to the next point

https://github.com/IPGP/csv2djipilot/
2021-6-24
Use props
KoKo4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

IPGP Posted at 6-24 06:41
Hi,

I need to created a lot of waypoints for my Matrice 210 RTK. I created this tool which input a csv file containing

Hi,
Can you explain how to lauch your program please?
2021-7-6
Use props
IPGP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434852 ft

France

KoKo4 Posted at 7-6 12:07
Hi,
Can you explain how to lauch your program please?

python3 csv2djipilot.py csvfile.csv -o output.kml

where csvfile.csv is the input file with one point per line and output.kml will be the file to import in "DJI Pilot" waypoints import
2021-7-19
Use props
wlnolan
lvl.1
Canada

I have run into the same issue with fa light that worked last year
but not does not follow my altitude for each point now.

This is the solution I came up with

In the ExtendedData section for each waypoint check that the line
<mis:useWaylineAltitude>false</mis:useWaylineAltitude>
Is there and set to false
2022-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules