688MP/180MP Pano
436 3 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

While the Mavic Air 2 has some way overmarketed features which are in fact useless for most (see the Waypoints-story. Waypoints is something else. Not the joke which was implemented in the Fly app), other great features are not adverted at all. One of them is making HUGE 360 degree panos. It's true, the drone will not stitch them automatically, but for a camera with many prosumer features this is not a problem, as many prosumers can handle further workflows to get to their result.
One feature which is available is to choose saving the RAW files of an automatically shot pano. Great. With those you can stitch a pano of almost 200MP. But there is more. If you switch to 48MP, you can shoot the same amount of photos and get a whopping 688MP pano. Unfortunately, and now I get to the point, these 48MP pics are not made automatically. You have to shoot them automatically at +24, -22, -62 degrees, rotated 8 times. So this feature is missing and should be added. Ok, I can understand that maybe the internal processing power is not enough to stitch this size, but leaving them unstitched would help many pros make use of this great camera. This feature and the TRUE waypoints feature I would include in an "advanced" menu, to give amateurs the possibility to have a slim easy app, and a pro to unleash all features he needs.
Here an example of a 688mp pano shot with the Air 2: https://trip.go360.lu/688mp
Cheers

PS: leave the copy-paste corporate message of efforts made to add new features and passing to the R&D department, and switch to facts. ;)
2020-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres an amazing amount of detail in that pano too.
2020-5-29
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

Hope DJI will not retire the function of saving the raws of a panos like it did with Waypoints, stating that users asked for it or found it unnecessary )
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules