Webcam option
849 2 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thalin
lvl.1
United States

Hey folks,

Like many people today, I am in a place enforcing shelter in place orders and working from home. I happen to have an Osmo Pocket, and it occurs to me that it would make a truly awesome webcam. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be an option - the only way I can find to make this work is to buy Cosmostreamer and an HDMI input device. This seems a bit crazy to me - seems like an Osmo Pocket firmware update could pretty easily shoot this data out over USB (as it can easily stream this data out over USB to my phone, for example) as a webcam stream format (for example, libuvc compatible format).

Is there any way we could get this feature added to the Osmo Pocket? I think that at this point this could be a really great sales driver - nearly every good webcam today is sold out across online retailers, and the Osmo Pocket is generally in my opinion far superior to most of these products.

Thanks!
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_5bPqrZ1DJlMm
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This really should be an option and a no-brainer. It's not like there are technical limitations for it either as it easily transfers the images over USB. Please DJI listen to your customers, this has been talked about for a long time. You have added live streaming to Osmo Action but there is no way to get HDMI/webcam image out nor a way to live stream from your most capable little device.
2020-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there thalin. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this topic. I will cascade these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and stay safe always.
2020-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules