Gimbal motor overloaded (out of the box)
3816 17 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_gWNQXIBu6cxV
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello,
I bought the Mavic air 2 on the releases  date last week in The Netherlands.
First of all i didn't crasht yet... all stickers are removed.
On day 1 an error pops up Gimbal motor overloaded. (i thought maybe it is the firmware)
There was a little wind, i thought maybe it is the wind (it was around 15km/h)
On my phone i had a shaky video, i thought maybe it is the connection between the aircraft and the controller. I didn’t check the recorded video yet, because i wanna learn to fly a bit more, Last week i recorded a video, same error. At home I saw a shivering video.
Everytime i start the aircraft there is no error, the gimbal is moving around while calibrating. When i rotate and move the aircraft a bit the camera is centered.
But when i take off, the error pops up almost right away.
Tonight i wanna record the sunset and check if i get a gimbal error, there is no wind at all, 1 video off 2 minutes are fine, but later the error pops up again.
I reboot the aircraft and after lift off the error is back. And the recorded video of that is awful.
See this recorded video what i mean:

Does any body know what i can do about it,
I have reset all settings, recalibrate the aircraft, recalibrate the aircraft with the computer program DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic.

or should I "fly" (drive) straight back to the local store...
2020-5-28
Use props
AlexMuRR
New
Mexico

I got exactly the same problem! after flying around 5 minutes, i get gimbal overload and camera gets shaky. This happened upon my first flight. I already waited a month to get it and this is something that got my hopes down in an instant
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_gWNQXIBu6cxV
lvl.2

Netherlands

I have bring it back to the store today, they send it to DJI, crab 2 weeks old no replacement because it can fly and get broken....
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_gWNQXIBu6cxV Posted at 5-29 05:35
I have bring it back to the store today, they send it to DJI, crab 2 weeks old no replacement because it can fly and get broken....

We sincerely apologize for the trouble with the gimbal, since you have sent back the drone, our repair center will certainly help get it solved. If you need any assistance during this process, please don't hesitate to keep us updated with your case number?
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AlexMuRR Posted at 5-28 17:32
I got exactly the same problem! after flying around 5 minutes, i get gimbal overload and camera gets shaky. This happened upon my first flight. I already waited a month to get it and this is something that got my hopes down in an instant

Hi AlexMuRR, we apologize to know the gimbal was not performed as expected. Please troubleshoot according to the steps below:
1. Does it happen only in Sport Mode or all modes?
2. If it happens in other modes:
1) Please refresh the aircraft firmware to the latest firmware;
2) Please ensure the gimbal protector has been removed each time;
3) Please check when the aircraft is placed on the ground, whether the ground is uneven or if the gimbal obstructed by anything.
4) Please ensure the arms of the aircraft are unfolded;
5) Please double-check whether the gimbal vibration-absorbing damper or the gimbal axis were damaged.
6) Did you attach a third-party filter? If yes, please remove it, Mavic Air 2's gimbal does not support the installation of third-party filter accessories.
7) Please calibrate the IMU and the gimbal in DJI Fly APP.
2020-5-31
Use props
fans0252a390
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

I have had this issue along with several users and it's documented in few threads already in this forum.
The solution is to re-calibrate the gimbal, IMU and compass manually (from the settings).
2020-6-1
Use props
rainbowcc2002
lvl.1

I've had this issue. Calibrated IMU, Compass and Gimbal, no help.

When i removed my 3rd party ND filter, gimbal no longer shows overload after 5 min flight.

Maybe ND filter weight was the issue.
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_gWNQXIBu6cxV
lvl.2

Netherlands

I did not have use ND filters yet.
I hope mine is back soon, I didn't see any solution on my search words...
2020-6-2
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_gWNQXIBu6cxV Posted at 6-2 08:33
I did not have use ND filters yet.
I hope mine is back soon, I didn't see any solution on my search words...

Had the same problem yesterday in N mode, no filters, calibrated gimbel and 2 battery test today and all is Ok again in all modes. Hope you are not waiting too much longer for return.
2020-6-2
Use props
alexwick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413934 ft
United States

Had the same problem today , after my 2nd flight. First air 2 had to be returned, because i couldn't activate. this one did activate, but i got the gimbal problem on my 2nd flight. Frustrating.
Alex
2020-6-5
Use props
fans0252a390
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

alexwick Posted at 6-5 19:11
Had the same problem today , after my 2nd flight. First air 2 had to be returned, because i couldn't activate. this one did activate, but i got the gimbal problem on my 2nd flight. Frustrating.
Alex

See post number 6 above for the simple solution.
2020-6-6
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

I also had the issue with gimbal motor overload. I believe this might just be the Software issue.
I have refreshed the firmware with DJI assistant.
Calibrate the IMU
Calibrate the gimbal
Calibrate the Compass

I have since did a few hours and the drone was perfect.  I really hope DJI come out with a better FLY app and maybe more options
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_YpbW1ahulCRQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141293 ft
United States

Same issue. Hardly used, yet the "gimbal motor overloaded" error is constant. Calibrated everything manually with no success.

Examples: Well I was going to post some YouTube links but the forum said "Sorry, you do not have permission to post the URL connection."
2020-6-6
Use props
alexwick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413934 ft
United States

Yeah I have the same problem on today's flight again...
Recalibrate everything multiple times... Last firmware installed. Very frustrating. My first exchange was there from Amazon in 3 days... I might as well go for a second exchange. Very frustrating!

I also feel like the sound of the rotors change sometimes... Not sure if that's normal... I assume from wind foech maybe... I didn't notice this with the spark though...
2020-6-8
Use props
Speedacer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My  2nd flight same issue Gimbal overloaded I’ll check tomorrow after calibrations
Or it’s going back!
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_gWNQXIBu6cxV
lvl.2

Netherlands

djiuser_YpbW1ahulCRQ Posted at 6-6 13:53
Same issue. Hardly used, yet the "gimbal motor overloaded" error is constant. Calibrated everything manually with no success.

Examples: Well I was going to post some YouTube links but the forum said "Sorry, you do not have permission to post the URL connection."

On the right near Emoticon push advanced.
Then there is a video button push there and you can link a video.
Please share some video of your problem.

Regards Michael
2020-6-8
Use props
Speedacer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok next day I changed propellers, calibrated everything updated software and it worked for 5 mins flight time then yes you guessed it gimbal motor overload.
Brought it down restarted aircraft it was ok for a few minutes then same again.
It seemed more likely to do it whilst descending either way it’s going back
2020-6-9
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just my MA2 yesterday, after 2 minutes of flight to about 1000ft gimbal motor overload. So I thought the same as OP. Today, I tested it again same thing happened. It' out of the Box, Do I really have to send it back?
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules