Osmo Pocket - Great Accesories unless you want to combine them
474 2 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CannDelta
New

Canada

Hi DJI,
I need to express how disappointing it is to find such an accessible camera (great price, ease of use, etc..) with a wide-range of accessories that for whatever reason cannot be combined. I've looked at DJI specific accessories and third-party accessories.

1. You can't use the 3.5mm audio adapter with the osmo pocket for an external microphone, you must buy the Osmo brand.

Fine. No worries. But what about charging the camera on a long shoot with a mic?

2. No, you can't charge your Osmo pocket while using an external mic.

Ok. So I guess I'll just use my cellphone to film. Then I can use the external mic!

3. Yes, this works but guess what? Your cellphone drains your Osmo battery, so you can't shoot for very long at all.

Ok. So I guess I'll use the wireless module, which has no 1/4' thread mount on the bottom (why is there is no way to mount this to a tripod??)

4. No. The wireless module will only allow you to charge the Osmo pocket, you can't use the wireless module (so you can maintain a charge) AND have an external mic.

So, if you want to use an external mic, that's it. That's the accessory you're going to have to go with. DJI knows it sucks but they'll work on improving this for future generation products.

The issue of combining accessories here is completely ubiquitous throughout their Pocket products. Why doesn't DJI support their own product combinations? So discouraging, now that I've invested hundreds down this line.

Time to look at a more pro system I guess!

2020-5-28
Use props
CannDelta
New

Canada

And don't get me started on how using the controller wheel prevents you from using most of the mounts!
2020-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi CannDelta, we appreciate your feedback about Osmo Pocket and its accessories and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, your frustration will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, we will keep optimizing our products, thanks for your support to DJI.
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules