DJI radio to frsky xm+?
6015 5 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KGBBigAl
New

United States

Hey guys, just looking to see if this is compatible or not.

I bought the GepRC Cinerun HD3 with the Frsky XM+ reciever, I also bought the DJI FPV Goggles and DJI FPV remote controller. I have everything paired correctly, im able to see my drone through the goggles, im able to change menu settings from my controller and see it in my goggles, but im not able to get any movement from the drone at all. I dont know what to do and i cant find anymore info to help so im reaching to you guys...thanks
2020-5-28
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

With the DJI controller, you would not need an XM+ receiver.  That would only be necessary if you were trying to use a FrSky radio like a Taranis.

You should remove the XM+, and just wire up the air unit in a direct fashion.  The air unit is it's own receiver.  Be happy, XM+ receivers are garbage, you will get much better range this way.
2020-5-29
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I just bought the same HD3 with Frsky XM+ receiver . How do you like yours so far ? If you have the DJI radio you need to take the XM+ out and just use the built in DJI receiver . You will need to connect to Betaflight and change the receiver settings .  I am going to install a Crossfire Nano rx in mine and hopefully fly this weekend .
2020-6-3
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I just bought the same HD3 with Frsky XM+ receiver . How do you like yours so far ? If you have the DJI radio you need to take the XM+ out and just use the built in DJI receiver . You will need to connect to Betaflight and change the receiver settings .  I am going to install a Crossfire Nano rx in mine and hopefully fly this weekend .
2020-6-3
Use props
djiuser_FceB34F2zCZl
New

United States

rydfree41 Posted at 6-3 09:05

Hey I am in a similar situation can you please tell me how to change the receiver settings in Betaflight from xm plus reciever to Dji vista? I would so appreciate it!
2020-10-25
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

mc54 Posted at 5-29 09:24
With the DJI controller, you would not need an XM+ receiver.  That would only be necessary if you were trying to use a FrSky radio like a Taranis.

You should remove the XM+, and just wire up the air unit in a direct fashion.  The air unit is it's own receiver.  Be happy, XM+ receivers are garbage, you will get much better range this way.

Are there instructions for removing XM+?  Thanks.
2020-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules