Phone won't connect to Mavic Air 2 RC
940 7 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
28NJsw9LFrjp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56 ft
Australia

I've had my Mavic Air 2 for a week and I can't get it to work.

The controller switches on, as does the drone and I can connect them using fine by holding down Fn, Photo toggle and shutter button on the RC then holding the battery button on the drone for 4s. But, when I try to use DJI Fly on my iPhone XS to connect with the controller nothing happens. I press Connect Aircraft, select Mavic Air 2, then Camera View and I get a message, top left of screen in white on a big red background saying “RC not connected to…”. Also, at the centre bottom of the screen I get, in red, a phone icon- -x- -drone icon.  

I have;

• ·       Updated firmware on the drone (V01.00.0130) and controller (V01.00.0108)
  • ·       Used a different lead (USB C to Lightning) between my iPhone XS and the controller
  • ·       Updated the iOS (V13.5 (17F75)) on my iPhone XS
  • ·       Cleaned the lightning port on my iPhone XS
  • ·       Deleted and reinstalled DJI Fly on my iPhone and updated to V1.1.3
  • ·       Tried using my wife’s iPhone 8Max instead of my iPhone XS
  • ·       I have checked I am using the real USB C connector (next to the phone holder) not the dummy
  • ·       I have tried wiggling each end of the supplied and my alternative USB C to Lightning cables.
  • ·       I have enabled USB Accessories in iOS Face ID and Passcode settings (tried this on and off – no difference)

None of these has shown any sign of being able to connect my phone to the RC. To say the least I am frustrated and disappointed.

Thanks for your interest and in anticipation of a speedy solution.

2020-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry that the RC is not performed as expected, please try to rotate the Lightning cable 180° and plug again to see whether is any reaction. Or do you have an Android mobile phone to help isolate the problem?
2020-5-29
Use props
28NJsw9LFrjp
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've just tried all combinations of USB C and Lightning orientations in the RC and in the iPhone using both the supplied cable and my alternative cable - still with no result.

The other thing I have tried is having the Micro SD in and out of the drone - makes no difference if it is in or out.  

I've also tried different starting combinations, DJI Fly first then RC, RC first the DJI Fly, RC and Drone connected then DJI Fly, RC and Drone disconnected but on then DJI Fly etc etc. No hint of success!

I don't have access to an Android phone at the moment but can try that some time in the future.

Thanks again.
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

28NJsw9LFrjp Posted at 5-29 02:27
Thank you for your suggestion.

I've just tried all combinations of USB C and Lightning orientations in the RC and in the iPhone using both the supplied cable and my alternative cable - still with no result.

In this case, it is recommended to send back the RC and the cable to DJI repair center for an evaluation, our repair team will help figure out whether it is a problem with the RC or the cables. Please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav or contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support in working hours.
2020-5-30
Use props
28NJsw9LFrjp
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you.  I was hoping it may be a software/firmware issue. I have already contacted DJI support but I may prefer to get a replacement from my vendor.
A somewhat disappointing experience with DJI products so far.....
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

28NJsw9LFrjp Posted at 5-30 04:43
Thank you.  I was hoping it may be a software/firmware issue. I have already contacted DJI support but I may prefer to get a replacement from my vendor.
A somewhat disappointing experience with DJI products so far.....

We understand your frustration, this is not the experience we want you to have, sorry again for the inconvenience caused, we hope you will get the replacement soon from your vendor.
2020-5-30
Use props
28NJsw9LFrjp
lvl.1
Australia

UPDATE

DJI Support (Lynne Wu) quickly ascertained that this was a hardware issue and recommended repair/replacement. I received my replacement today from The Good Guys Busselton (Lisa and Robyn were outstanding in providing service) and after a quick assessment this afternoon (a 3min 18m flight) it appears that the replacement is performing normally.I'm looking forward to testing my Mavic Air 2 in the next few weeks.
2020-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

28NJsw9LFrjp Posted at 6-9 05:52
UPDATE

DJI Support (Lynne Wu) quickly ascertained that this was a hardware issue and recommended repair/replacement. I received my replacement today from The Good Guys Busselton (Lisa and Robyn were outstanding in providing service) and after a quick assessment this afternoon (a 3min 18m flight) it appears that the replacement is performing normally.I'm looking forward to testing my Mavic Air 2 in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your update and the kind words, I'm so glad to know that you have received the replacement.
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules