Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

Wich video software is a good choice for editing MA2 videos, including the use of LUT  ?
I am using now a simple program from Filmora.

Free or Paid (well, if reasonable priced) is oke for me.

PS i use W10

cheers
JJB

2020-5-29
Use props
sh66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 607175 ft
United States

I'm sure you are going to get a lot of different answers, but I'll give you my opinion. I have been learning Shotcut. It's free and seems to be pretty good for a novice editor like me. There are a lot of tutorials for it on youtube.
2020-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I use FCPX for video and have for past 3 years, but just over 12 months ago I started using LumaFusion and since picking it up, I find it hard not to go to it first when editing drone video. First I must say it’s Apple iOS based. But it’s handling of 4k editing is incredibly fast with almost no delays the fact I can edit on my iPad on the move is so convenient, about 6/7 months ago they made massive updates to it to make it an incredible video editing platform. It’s incredibly easy to use when beginning and has amazing advanced settings for those wanting to take things further.
But perhaps the best thing about LumaFusion is the price. Once off €20. There are many tutorials on you tube so easy to get started.
2020-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id give DaVinci Resolve a go,  its also has a free tier.
2020-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-5-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-29 05:26
I use FCPX for video and have for past 3 years, but just over 12 months ago I started using LumaFusion and since picking it up, I find it hard not to go to it first when editing drone video. First I must say it’s Apple iOS based. But it’s handling of 4k editing is incredibly fast with almost no delays the fact I can edit on my iPad on the move is so convenient, about 6/7 months ago they made massive updates to it to make it an incredible video editing platform. It’s incredibly easy to use when beginning and has amazing advanced settings for those wanting to take things further.
But perhaps the best thing about LumaFusion is the price. Once off €20. There are many tutorials on you tube so easy to get started.

thanks, but i use W10    strange when i google on LumaFusion i find a link to filmora....
2020-5-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

sh66 Posted at 5-29 05:11
I'm sure you are going to get a lot of different answers, but I'll give you my opinion. I have been learning Shotcut. It's free and seems to be pretty good for a novice editor like me. There are a lot of tutorials for it on youtube.

I know, but its good yo hear about programs i never knew they existed, like Shotcut

thanks,
cheers
JJB
2020-5-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 06:10

oke, the website of DaVinci is impressive!
2020-5-29
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

My favourite is LumaFusion on the iPad Pro.
2020-5-29
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

FCPX for big projects, LumaFusion for anything else - it's amazing.
2020-5-29
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Quik and PerfectVideo apps  on iOS and Adobe premier pro on Mac.
2020-5-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

JJB,

Da Vinci Resolve is the best and it has free version which meets 95% of needs of any professional and 100% of enthusiasts like us.

I switched from Adobe Premiere Pro to Resolve many years ago and will never look back.
Resolve is used by Hollywood studios and has best color management and grading tools available anywhere. Plus the entire editing workflow is absolutely excellent.

Learning curve is steep but if you know other editing tools such as Premiere you will be OK. There are plenty of YouTube training video programs available for this tool.

Try it and you will be impressed.

Mirek
2020-5-29
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using Adobe Premier for over 15 years and it is an amazing application. Works on both Apple and Windows platforms and they have a couple of pricing options. You can buy it outright or pay for it monthly with a subscription from Adobe.

It will all come down to how serious you want to get into video editing. If this is a light hobby then a free option will work best but if you want to invest a little into your passion then a higher end editing program is the way to go.

Good luck.
2020-5-29
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

I should chime into this conversation with my question as well.  What do you use for editing photos since we seem to have answered the video choices
2020-5-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I use Premier Pro and sometimes I go thru Avid Composer...
2020-5-29
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hotrod in Daytona Posted at 5-29 09:41
I should chime into this conversation with my question as well.  What do you use for editing photos since we seem to have answered the video choices

Adobe Lightroom for image adjustments.
2020-5-29
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I alternate depending on what it is I need.  I like Final Cut Pro X on the Mac, I also use Vegas Pro on windows.  I have also gotten into Shotcut from time to time to do some simple things, which it really does well.  For example, when I was processing Spark videos, they are 30FPS max, you can bump them up to 60 very easily in Shotcut, its interpolation smoothes out a lot of that stutter and jerkiness that yawing on the Spark can produce.  Now it also is great for quickly letterboxing, and makes good use of the hardware acceleration in my MBP.  Works in Linux, and I have one machine dedicated to that OS.

I have used Resolve on all three platforms, and its very good too (the free version).  Even Movie Studio Platinum from Magix is a great basic editor and pretty inexpensive.

One final mention, Movavi Video Editor Plus is a fast and friendly platform to work from.

So lots to choose from and a wide price field.
2020-5-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Northwood Posted at 5-29 10:40
I alternate depending on what it is I need.  I like Final Cut Pro X on the Mac, I also use Vegas Pro on windows.  I have also gotten into Shotcut from time to time to do some simple things, which it really does well.  For example, when I was processing Spark videos, they are 30FPS max, you can bump them up to 60 very easily in Shotcut, its interpolation smoothes out a lot of that stutter and jerkiness that yawing on the Spark can produce.  Now it also is great for quickly letterboxing, and makes good use of the hardware acceleration in my MBP.  Works in Linux, and I have one machine dedicated to that OS.

I have used Resolve on all three platforms, and its very good too (the free version).  Even Movie Studio Platinum from Magix is a great basic editor and pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for all names, i will check some out

cheers
JJB
2020-5-29
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

As you can see ... 37425 people, 27812 opinions on which one is the best. There is actually no good or bad, but suitable and unsuitable. For example, I don't like these monster programs mentioned above, whose features I need a maximum of 2%, the rest is totally confusing. What do you want to do with it, cut clips and put them together with transitions, maybe correct some color, add music and some text ... if that's all, clear freeware programs, the most famous of which are Openshot and Shotcut (I use that), are perfectly adequate. However, if you want to create professional clips with bang effects after weeks of familiarization with the program, you have to take a monster program. Your claim has to decide and not good or bad, small or large, expensive or free. Unfortunately, you have to install and try some/many to see which one is right for you.
2020-5-29
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-29 06:53
thanks, but i use W10    strange when i google on LumaFusion i find a link to filmora....

LumaFusion is a product from LumaTouch.
It is a very powerful and affordable iOS editor.
2020-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-29 06:55

Theres lots of great tutorials on YouTube to get you up to speed using it too.
2020-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-29 06:55

Theres lots of great tutorials on YouTube to get you up to speed using it too.
2020-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Davinci is free and good, but somewhat hard to learn.
Takes time to make it your own.

It does have limitations (the free version) but you can go a long way.
2020-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules