Question about DJI Care replacement
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

I sent my P4 Advanced in after it strangely crashed on takeoff earlier this year, it was about a month before my warranty & DJI care I had purhcased with it ran out.

I decided to use my DJI Care Refresh as there was damage on the housing in some places from the crash, so I paid my US$100 for the DCR fee and sent it in.

I got my P4A back awhile later, and had to go through the steps of reregistering it etc. with DJI before I did the initial IMU calibration etc. I noticed that the SN was exactly the same as the P4A I purchased, so reregistering was quick and easy.

However I read later than when using DJI Care Refresh you are supposed to get another aircraft as other people I talked to that used it said they had to register a new SN when they got their replacement.

When I got my aircraft back it looked like brand new, and the gimbal vibration that was evident in the first one was gone, which pleased me.

I am just wondering if it is normal practice to send a repaired original aircraft back with DJI Care Refresh, it really doesn't matter to me as long as I get a functioning aircraft back.

However if I paid the $100 fee just to get the same aircraft back that otherwise would have been fixed under warranty then something may be wrong.

As it is, I am now having compass/gps issues with this aircraft and it probably needs to be sent in again, and I did purchase another year of Care Refresh for it.
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi cameracollector, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge, upon checking your case number, the aircraft was replaced, the serial number has been changed, could you please double-check?
May we have the details of the compass/GPS issues so that we could help?
2020-5-29
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-29 19:55
Hi cameracollector, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge, upon checking your case number, the aircraft was replaced, the serial number has been changed, could you please double-check?
May we have the details of the compass/GPS issues so that we could help?

Thanks DJI Mindy -

I just did some checking, perhaps I was mistaken as the SN on the box it was sent back in is the same as my original purchase,  so I guess DJI sent me a different aircraft in my original box.

I may have entered that SN when re registering after I received it, in fact I think I did.

Can you check and see which SN my phantom 4 advanced is registered with?  Is there a way I can check with my account? I can't see one anywhere.

However, with my shipping notice when I got my DJI Care Refresh aircraft sent back to me the SN there does not match up with the one inside the battery compartment, I am not sure why that is

I have  started a ticket with my GPS issues, the request # is 2799856

2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cameracollector Posted at 5-30 10:51
Thanks DJI Mindy -

I just did some checking, perhaps I was mistaken as the SN on the box it was sent back in is the same as my original purchase,  so I guess DJI sent me a different aircraft in my original box.

I have PM you the serial number for the drone. If the GPS drops in every place, it is recommended to send back for an evaluation.
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules