4691 16 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dokken65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I missing something. where can i find the ability to do motionlapse on osmo pocket. i don't see the option to set the positions.
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_TpLi7gKjumKq
lvl.2
Sweden

Swipe Left, Scroll the menu until "Timelapse" Is selected, then Swipe Left and Scroll until "Motionlapse" is selected and then Swipe Right to activate Motionlapse mode.
2020-5-29
Use props
Dokken65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the help
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dokken65. Thank you for reaching out. The instruction given on post #2 is correct. Please try to follow it for you to be able to access the Motionlapse feature of your DJI Osmo Pocket. If you Have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please fee free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you and happy filming always.

2020-5-30
Use props
p_thursbylive.com
lvl.1
Canada

Since I had my osmo pocket in for repair the hyperlapse setting is missing from the time lapse mode. I have time lapse and motion lapse but no hypernlapse. It’s on the latest firmware. 1.10.0.0.30
image.jpg
2020-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Please share some results if you succeeded!
2020-6-2
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102638 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I waited for the Pocket 2 because there are a lot things missing on the Pocket 1 relating to motionlapse but I can't see this things implementd in the Pocket 2 too.
1. I need DNG shots not only JPG for the timelapses
2. It would be nice to have the possibility to save the last motionlapse movement (A->B->C....) if you have to interrupt the motionlapse (because of weather conditions e.g.)so you can run it again.
3. It's necessary to have ramping inside the motionlapse, so the start and end is a bit softer.
4. It's hard to blend in post if you don't have a stand at the end, so it would be nice to have the possibility to let the Pocket film for a few seconds further after the motionlapse.
2020-11-5
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Your post processing softwrae doesn't have transitions?
2020-11-5
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't know if I should start a new post on Motionlapse with the Pocket 2 or just continue here.
Here goes anyway,
Started playing with my new Pocket 2, and when trying the Motionlapse mode at home I noticed a rather unusual behaviour of the gimbal. Its more noticeable when you view the scene on your phone. As it starts the timelapse sequence the gimbal goes into an epileptic-like fit jerking and pulsating all the way through the waypoints that I've selected for the entire duration. Checking the result, the video came out perfectly smooth. Why was the gimbal behaving like that? Setting for the Motionlapse was 0.5s for 5 mins. Tried the 1sec setting and same thing happens. No jerking at the 5sec setting.
Anybody tried the Motionlapse on their Pocket 2 yet?
2020-11-6
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Hubaberle Posted at 11-5 05:56
I waited for the Pocket 2 because there are a lot things missing on the Pocket 1 relating to motionlapse but I can't see this things implementd in the Pocket 2 too.
1. I need DNG shots not only JPG for the timelapses
2. It would be nice to have the possibility to save the last motionlapse movement (A->B->C....) if you have to interrupt the motionlapse (because of weather conditions e.g.)so you can run it again.

Yes, I too would like the option to save my waypoints for repeatability with different exposures or WB, or, simply to repeat the exact same waypoints due to the camera being knocked or say an object getting in the view thats not part of the intent.That said, I don't know what are your expectation levels, but even the original Pocket does a smashing job doing Motionlapse for a tiny all-in one camera that cost less than half a $1000. Its not weatherproof, its not shockproof
2020-11-6
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Psoon Posted at 11-6 19:13
Don't know if I should start a new post on Motionlapse with the Pocket 2 or just continue here.
Here goes anyway,
Started playing with my new Pocket 2, and when trying the Motionlapse mode at home I noticed a rather unusual behaviour of the gimbal. Its more noticeable when you view the scene on your phone. As it starts the timelapse sequence the gimbal goes into an epileptic-like fit jerking and pulsating all the way through the waypoints that I've selected for the entire duration. Checking the result, the video came out perfectly smooth. Why was the gimbal behaving like that? Setting for the Motionlapse was 0.5s for 5 mins. Tried the 1sec setting and same thing happens. No jerking at the 5sec setting.

Don’t know if we’re on the same page, but I do notice the gimbal ‘tick’ after each shot. Never monitored the screen during the sequence. That is with the original Pocket.
2020-11-6
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 11-6 19:28
Don’t know if we’re on the same page, but I do notice the gimbal ‘tick’ after each shot. Never monitored the screen during the sequence. That is with the original Pocket.

Not an issue with the old Pocket, only noticed this with the Pocket 2. I'm trying to figure a way to capture it on video to illustrate it here.
2020-11-8
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 11-5 14:05
Your post processing softwrae doesn't have transitions?

It's no problem to blend in post but it's not always good to blend in camera movement.
2020-11-26
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Psoon Posted at 11-6 19:21
Yes, I too would like the option to save my waypoints for repeatability with different exposures or WB, or, simply to repeat the exact same waypoints due to the camera being knocked or say an object getting in the view thats not part of the intent.That said, I don't know what are your expectation levels, but even the original Pocket does a smashing job doing Motionlapse for a tiny all-in one camera that cost less than half a $1000. Its not weatherproof, its not shockproof

You are perfectly right with the possibilities of this small tool, but why not offer a professional version of the pocket with the Hasselblad Camera of the Mavic Pro 2, a bit taller but more professional and of course a bit more expensive. I hoped for this but with the pocket 2 it's too less to upgrade.
I've built a bit more professional solution around my RX100 on my own, but it's yet too heavy for my taste as you can see on the picture. It has all the features I need, Panorama, Motionlapse and even Motioncontrol but I need a more mobile solution for everyday use.

2020-11-26
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Psoon Posted at 11-6 19:13
Here goes anyway,

This is  a normal behaviour, I think it has to do with the kind of motors they use.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_0Lp515dV70Bf
New

Thailand

Psoon Posted at 2020-11-6 19:13
Here goes anyway,

My gimbal keeps twitching ariund during timelapse abd screen says gimbal initializing...is this normal????
2021-6-27
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

djiuser_0Lp515dV70Bf Posted at 6-27 16:18
My gimbal keeps twitching ariund during timelapse abd screen says gimbal initializing...is this normal????

The gimbal will "twitch" between each frame. Never noticed any "gimbal initializing" notice.
2021-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules