Downward Sensors Off and Altitude Up Down
414 4 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FieldPivot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417530 ft
United States

Is a floating up and down with a variation of 1 ft to 2 ft variation seem to be normal with these birds?

I have onwed cheaper drones with no vision sensors that held altitude very perfect.
2020-5-29
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hello Fieldpivot,

See below DJI offical specs.

2020-5-29
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417530 ft
United States

KDP + Posted at 5-29 10:54
Hello Fieldpivot,

Good info. and interesting,

Ok, a couple things here.  Seems the horizontal is much more stable than vertical,  This aircraft GPS only

I am definitely outside of those limits when hovering low to ground (within 5ft).   My thoughts are that the barometer is having some type of ground interference?

Also note,  when I take off the aircraft,  it comes back home with a  -10 ft negative altitude at home point/landing.

Perhaps I am being a bit to picky here?  

This is my second M2P within 2 months, still looking for my first one in a wide wooded area.  

It seemed more stable (though I never paid much attention in low light or no vision sensor) in-spite of a waypoint mission loss.

Currently being investigated by DJI.
2020-5-29
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hi again,

The issue with the height, I am also witnessing most of the time... starting each flight on 0.0 meters of height, and after some (short; a few minutes) time, the height of the ground level is -3/-4 meters...
I always fly in the evening, when temperature is lowering and I think that's the cause of it.  I never tested it during day-time..

But I must say, that my Mavic 2 Pro is very stabile.  If I don't touch the sticks, the drone does not move... so it does it jobs very good !

At low hovering heights, it will always be a little bit more difficult due to the ground effect, and you can see some small corrections/movements.
2020-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is a floating up and down with a variation of 1 ft to 2 ft variation seem to be normal with these birds?
Look at the specs and you'll find that DJI say:

Hovering Accuracy Range
Vertical:      ± 0.1 m (when vision positioning is active)
                 ± 0.5 m (with GPS positioning)
Horizontal:  ± 0.3 m (when vision positioning is active)

± 1.5 m (with GPS positioning)
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules