MIMO app Previews Cropped & Off-centered Image
1050 5 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TpLi7gKjumKq
lvl.2
Sweden

I was trying to find lens distortion parameters of my OsmoPocket by shooting a calibration map similar to what you can see bellow:
CenterPoint-Calibration.png

I realised that the perfect 4:3 square, didn't fit inside the viewfinder in Mimo app, and the diagonal lines didn't match either, so I realised something is not right!
As you can see this is what Mimo was showing me:

Screenshot.jpg

And this is the captured photo, clearly off-centre, and also doesn't match anything close to what Mimo was showing in the screenshot above, It appears that Mimo's viewfinder is cutting some of the image, from right side, in the preview:

DJI_0147_compressed.JPG

As you can see the resulting photo is about 128 pixels shifted to the left of what we saw in the preview, and the fact that the active viewfinder area of the app is measured 1906 X 1440 pixel* in the screenshot, confirms that the preview is not matching the correct 4:3 aspect ratio, so we can conclude that it's hiding 384000 pixels of the actual photo in the preview, making it impossible to frame your shots accurately, Since the grids, the diagonals, centre markings, and the borders of the previewed image in the app don't mean anything and doesn't correlate to the actual photo itself!*I should note that in this case the viewfinder should measure 1920 X 1440 pixels if it wasn't obvious!

I think this is an unacceptable mistake, and should be fixed as soon as possible,
I should also note that the stand-alone operation of the camera doesn't seem to be affected by this bug and it seems to be specific to the app.

2020-5-29
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

too much time on our hands?
shoot self.gif
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_TpLi7gKjumKq
lvl.2
Sweden

Curt1591 Posted at 5-29 16:23
too much time on our hands?

What are you trying to imply by saying "Someone has too much time on their hands .... ..." ?

Are you seriously trying to imply that a camera showing you something, and capturing something else is acceptable?

Or Are you suggesting that because I spent some of my scarce time to accurately document and report a bug in someone else's code, and give them as much info as I can to help them debug easier, I don't have anything better to do?
Because if that's the case, I guess you are trying to define irony by continuously replying to discussions in this forum with posts that don't add anything of value to the conversation, and doesn't help anyone!
2020-5-29
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

You've pretty much summed it up ...
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_TpLi7gKjumKq
lvl.2
Sweden

Curt1591 Posted at 5-29 21:11
You've pretty much summed it up ...

Next time before clicking the "Participation / Reply" button, I would highly appreciate it, if you ask yourself, am I contributing something meaningful to the discussion, or It's just a meaningless comment that doesn't help anyone other than giving you a couple of meaningless points in your profile for your meaningless respond!

Thank you!
2020-5-30
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I'd like to help you out. But, it seems it might ot be possible.
Maybe someone can provide a solution to your dilemna.

While we are on the topic of not seeing what we get, can you tell me how I, and many others' DSLR owners, can get a non-cropped viewfinder image?

It never bothered me before. But now I am left sleepless.

boring.gif
2020-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules