Remote controller loses contact with drone.
960 7 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

When my Mavic Air 2 is over a mile away, it will lose contact with the controller. It will commence returning to home, but it will not regain contact with the controller--and land "blind."  The worst of all, is that sometimes it will land as far as 50' away from the home point.

Phil
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Can you please clarify what specific error message did you receive when the drone loses connection with the remote controller? Also, we highly recommend having a test flight on multiple locations for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2020-5-30
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I suspect there is a problem with the connection between the controller and phone. Check that the cables are properly seated, especially if the phone is in a case.
2020-5-30
Use props
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-30 12:41
Hi, Can you please clarify what specific error message did you receive when the drone loses connection with the remote controller? Also, we highly recommend having a test flight on multiple locations for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Something like "RC not connected to"
2020-5-30
Use props
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

phil.malterlaw Posted at 5-30 13:34
Something like "RC not connected to"

I've tried 3 different locations with the same problem. I will try one that has an unrestricted line of sight to the drone and see what happens.
2020-5-30
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Line of sight should not be a problem since the controller will not reconnect even when the MA2 is nearby.
2020-5-30
Use props
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

phil.malterlaw Posted at 5-30 13:38
I've tried 3 different locations with the same problem. I will try one that has an unrestricted line of sight to the drone and see what happens.

The drone went about 2 miles, then lost contact but regained contact on the way back.
2020-6-1
Use props
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

MisterFrag Posted at 5-30 13:22
I suspect there is a problem with the connection between the controller and phone. Check that the cables are properly seated, especially if the phone is in a case.

It's not a physical connection problem because it only happens when the signal starts to weaken.
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules