1619 10 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QHo7ROzZPVze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98228 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Had my Mavic Air 2 for about a week now.

Initially I could never get the drone to manoeuvre around obstacles, I did have Obstacle Detection and APAS enabled.
I then had it working working by disabling Obstacle Detection and only having APAS enabled.

I learnt that:
Obstacle Detection made the drone stop when detecting obstacles
APAS allowed manoeuvering around obstacles (with Obstacle Detection disabled)

Now all that's working for me is: Obstacle Detection so the drone stops when an obstacle is detected.

APAS does not work anymore, it just crashes into objects (only APAS enabled)
If both are enabled it just stops in front of obstacles.

I can't get it to manoeuvre around obstacles anymore. I'm about to send the drone back.

Any ideaas before I do that?

Cheers all.
2020-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you’re using in 4k 60fps APAS is not available, I’ve had this problem myself, but found it in the manual .
2020-5-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

In addition to not working in 4k60fps, APAS also does not work in Tripod or Sport mode. It only works in Normal mode.

Mirek
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_QHo7ROzZPVze
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ah okay, then this is definitely a software usability issue. When you try to turn APAS on it should tell you that you can't, depending on what mode you're in. or what settings you have enabled. Otherwise you're there just guessing why it's not working.

Thanks for your replies guys, I'll try it out again tomorrow.
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_QHo7ROzZPVze
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just wanted to add that I think it doesn't work above 30fps in any resolution. I had it in 1080p 60fps while trying today and it wasn't working.
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air 2 in avoiding obstacles when flying. Since the said drone crashed on an object before and if you feel that the drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.  
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_QHo7ROzZPVze
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-29 22:51
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air 2 in avoiding obstacles when flying. Since the said drone crashed on an object before and if you feel that the drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.

Thanks Stephen,

I sent an email via the support link.

I think an important thing to note here about the usability of the software is that if you try to turn on tracking by tracing an object the software tells you it's not possible in the current camera mode (if fps is greater than 30)

So the same should be done when you try to enable APAS in the settings.
2020-5-30
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-29 22:51
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air 2 in avoiding obstacles when flying. Since the said drone crashed on an object before and if you feel that the drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.

The APAS 3 needs a code fix. Sometimes it has an obvious path to go and loses time by "thinking" what to do. During active track trace which uses the full APAS feature it takes the path that the person or a vehicle does but in some turns instead of doing a new cut path to follow with a clear of obstacles area it prefers to use the old path and that makes it slow down and lose the person/vehicle
Please do something Thanks
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_QHo7ROzZPVze Posted at 5-30 04:40
Thanks Stephen,

I sent an email via the support link.

Hi there. Thank you for the given update. In addition, I will cascade this additions information that you have shared to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-1
Use props
chris neiner
lvl.1

United States

Same thing here
2020-7-8
Use props
fansaa6534a1
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I would have thought someone from DJI would look at this and give some useful feedback.

Basically, APAS/Obstacle Detection will not work when certain other modes are activated for example:

Any FPS rate greater than 30 FPS will disable APAS/Obstacle Detection
HDR recording mode will disable APAS/Obstacle Detection

That's all I can remember for now but I reckon that will sort your issue out.

You'll also know if your MA2 has APAS/Obstacle Detection enabled because the way it flies is in a more robotic/stiff manner compared to the more natural flying feel when APAS/Obstacle Detection is not enabled.
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules