DJI Phantom 4 Advanced No Video
1780 3 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kensmithjr
lvl.1
United States

I have used my P4 Advanced many times successfully. But this last time, there was no video being displayed in the DJI GO 4 app. Here are the things I've tried:

• Both my tablet and phone which have both worked before
  • Different USB cables
  • Rebooting a half dozen times
  • In the city and out in a rural area

I also tried using DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom on Windows 10 for the first time. It would not connect to the drone and had an error when I tried to connect to the controller saying that it didn't support that device.

Flying works okay, but no video is being shown in the app. I've never seen any video since it stopped working.

What should I do next?
2020-5-29
Use props
PoulP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9390 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have the same issue. I can get mine back after restarting the remote and the drone some times i have to do it twice.
My drone has less than 20 hours of flight time. I have written to Dji support and waiting for their responce.
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi kensmithjr, sorry for the troubles with the drone, it is recommended to reset the camera settings first, then try to remove the SD card to see whether it will recover. Were you able to control the gimbal? Is there OSD in the DJI GO 4? How about changing the HD  channel in HD Settings?
The remote controller of Phantom 4 Advanced doesn't support DJI Assistant 2, please connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to have a try.
2020-5-29
Use props
fans4ce8d204
lvl.1
United States

Mindy,

Thanks for the suggestions, but none of them resulted in any improvement. Here are my notes:

Reset the camera settings: Done and no change.

Try to remove the SD card to see whether it will recover: Removed and no camera video. Reinserted and still no video. SD card shows up okay in DJI Go 4.

Were you able to control the gimbal? Yes I can tilt the gimbal up and down from the controller.

Is there OSD in the DJI GO 4? I'm not sure what you mean. When it works, I can see the camera display on my tablet in the DJI Go 4 Android app.

How about changing the HD  channel in HD Settings? I tried manual mode on several different channels and lowered the data rate. Nothing resulted in any video on the screen.

The remote controller of Phantom 4 Advanced doesn't support DJI Assistant 2, please connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to have a try. When I connect the aircraft to my PC, DJI Assist 2 For Phantom doesn't respond at all. When I connected the controller before, it would at least respond, but only to say it doesn't support it.

What do you suggest I try next?
2020-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules