1498 9 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am wondering if all the sunrises and sunsets I have filmed has damaged my camera.  I noticed two little white dots in the pictures while filming video in the dark. I thought they were stars at first, but they move with the camera. I cleaned the lens real well, but I have a feeling they are still going to be there. They were fixed dots. When I moved the gimbal the dots moved with it.  
Thoughts?

2020-5-30
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

dead or hot pixels. Try lower iso. All camaras including my Canon 5d mk iv have hot pixels in certain conditions as long exposition and higher iso. But sometimes damaged sensor make it worse. My drones have lots of white pixels in dark areas since i bought. Much more than my 5d.
2020-5-30
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Francis Posted at 5-30 07:27
dead or hot pixels. Try lower iso. All camaras including my Canon 5d mk iv have hot pixels in certain conditions as long exposition and higher iso. But sometimes damaged sensor make it worse. My drones have lots of white pixels in dark areas since i bought. Much more than my 5d.

Thanks...  it’s possible it was always this way and I never noticed.. usually when go up at night I’m filming something bright but this time I was trying to catch lightning strikes so the dark sky was more noticeable..
2020-5-30
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Brazil

JJMik Posted at 5-30 07:38
Thanks...  it’s possible it was always this way and I never noticed.. usually when go up at night I’m filming something bright but this time I was trying to catch lightning strikes so the dark sky was more noticeable..

i had complaint here about it one year ago. DJI cameras have too much white pixels in low light condition. But nobody have clarified  this issue properly because many doesnt notice it. The white pixels are visible only with big screens and almost all users play their videos in cell phones or other small devices. The white pixels are present on both zoom and pro videos. So i think it is not a defect but a flaw or Dji m2 cameras limitation.
2020-5-30
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Brazil

JJMik Posted at 5-30 07:38

Which screen size you did notice the white pixels
2020-5-30
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Francis Posted at 5-30 17:22
Which screen size you did notice the white pixels

I noticed them in my smart remote while I was flying..  when I move the gimbal they moved right along with it.  They also showed up once I uploaded the footage on my computer.  Three white dots....  you could mistake them for stars.
2020-5-30
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Francis Posted at 5-30 17:15
i had complaint here about it one year ago. DJI cameras have too much white pixels in low light condition. But nobody have clarified  this issue properly because many doesnt notice it. The white pixels are visible only with big screens and almost all users play their videos in cell phones or other small devices. The white pixels are present on both zoom and pro videos. So i think it is not a defect but a flaw or Dji m2 cameras limitation.

I noticed what I thought were stars at first in my smart remote... not exactly a big screen..  they are still present when I put the footage in my computer..  three white dots that look like stars.. but moved with the gimbal.
2020-5-30
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Brazil

JJMik Posted at 5-30 18:01
I noticed what I thought were stars at first in my smart remote... not exactly a big screen..  they are still present when I put the footage in my computer..  three white dots that look like stars.. but moved with the gimbal.

Camera sensor hot pixels are not easy to see. 1 pixel is very small. I love to take night shots and the hot pixel is smaller than a star.  I ve never seen hot pixels watching my videos on small screen. I need at least a 40 screen size  monitor to see then or zooming 100% the picture.  Maybe it is worth listening a tech opinion. But first of all make sure that the stars are on your videos or on your smart control screen. I had a sony hdv  camera 15 years ago with one bad pixel on lcd monitor.  Small screen tends to have bigger pixels than big screens so when you have a stuck pixel you can see it.  Try to make sure where are the white pixels; on your camera sensor or on your control screen.  Dead pixel on monitor screen is not a big issue.  
2020-5-31
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The spots go away when I go to photo, but in photo on automatic the screen is too bright.  When I go to Manuel adjustment in photo the spots can’t  be seen..

So I only see them in the dark shooting video.,  no big deal I guess since I rarely fly at night..
2020-6-29
Use props
Brent848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57480 ft
United States

is it like this?

link

(sorry, no real input but that thread might lead you somewhere)
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules