Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Delete flight record
8458 13 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarMcD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479610 ft
Ireland

Hi, I am planning on selling my Phantom 3 Standard, but also want to delete the flight/GPS history from the drone as 90% of my flights were from my house. Is there a way I can permenantly delete flight records?

2020-5-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can delete flight records from your phone or tablet, but not the drone.
Are you selling the phone or tablet?

Very few people would be able to read the flight data that's stored in the drone itself.
I wouldn't worry about it at all.
2020-5-30
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I wouldn't worry about it at all , i agreed with Labroides
2020-5-31
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perversely they were the first thing I downloaded when I got my 2nd hand drone, I wanted to see how the drone had been used.
Aside from that and even if you could wipe them, if the new owner does check them their absence or the absence of realistic logs would be cause for concern.
I'd also suggest taking a copy of them before you sell it. If you do, direct the draught from a cooling fan onto the drone whilst it is downloading them, it is likely to take a LONG time and the drone may get hot without 'wind'  blowing over it.

You could of course do enough flights somewhere else to overwrite the existing records but that might take some time too.
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarMcD. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Labroides is correct on post #2. In addition to this once the new owner of the said drone creates a new DJI account he will be starting a new account and all of the past records will not be included on that account. Thank you.
2020-6-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you want to check the healthy of the drone? Can it be so?
2020-6-8
Use props
Zyrandiel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840410 ft
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-6-7 19:26
Hello there DarMcD. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Labroides is correct on post #2. In addition to this once the new owner of the said drone creates a new DJI account he will be starting a new account and all of the past records will not be included on that account. Thank you.

hello stephen

does this mean that flight recorda are only tied up to dji accounts and not on the drones itself?

if someone uses my drone using a different dji account then he cannot see my previous flights?
2022-4-7
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

if someone uses my drone using a different dji account then he cannot see my previous flights?

sPOT on
2022-4-7
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Labroides Posted at 2020-5-30 17:42
You can delete flight records from your phone or tablet, but not the drone.
Are you selling the phone or tablet?

"very few people would be able to read the flight logs"
???

The reality is, everyone can do so easily. It is a well-documented process and for good reason. When I sell drones I handover a printed copy of the flight logs. It is convenient for my buyers and everyone has always appreciated it.
1-30 11:16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

rogiervdheide Posted at 1-30 11:16
"very few people would be able to read the flight logs"
???

Yes, very few people can read the flight logs.
I'm referring to the actual recorded flight data that's in the drone.
It's encoded and readable only by DJI.

It seems you are misunderstanding and thinking of something completely different.
There's no way you could print it out and it wouldn't be at all useful or make any sense to a drone buyer.

1-30 14:07
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Labroides Posted at 1-30 14:07
Yes, very few people can read the flight logs.
I'm referring to the actual recorded flight data that's in the drone.
It's encoded and readable only by DJI.

I am not misunderstanding anything and in my view there is no need to tell each other such things.
We are both talking about log files (.DAT files) that are stored within the drone. We are not talking about whatever files are stores in the app. Do I get it right?

It takes four easy steps that everyone can perform to read out those internal .DAT files that contain all the flight data, flight path, battery data, temperature and much more interesting stuff:

1. connect the drone to your computer
2. fire up DJI Assistant
3. download the logs FROM THE DRONE to your computer
4. use an online tool such as airdata.com to convert the encrypted file to readable information

What is the reason that you think on very few people can do this?

1-30 15:43
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

rogiervdheide Posted at 1-30 15:43
I am not misunderstanding anything and in my view there is no need to tell each other such things.
We are both talking about log files (.DAT files) that are stored within the drone. We are not talking about whatever files are stores in the app. Do I get it right?

Try that with any recent DJI drone and you won't get any where because the dat files on the drone are encrypted and unreadable to non-DJI people.

But whatever flight data you are talking about, very few people are able to look at the data, analyse it and solve flight incident mysteries.
1-30 19:07
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Labroides Posted at 1-30 19:07
Try that with any recent DJI drone and you won't get any where because the dat files on the drone are encrypted and unreadable to non-DJI people.

But whatever flight data you are talking about, very few people are able to look at the data, analyse it and solve flight incident mysteries.

As I wrote: use the proper software to decrypt the flight logs that you pull from the drone, not the app.
We do this every day.
1-31 04:39
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

rogiervdheide Posted at 1-31 04:39
As I wrote: use the proper software to decrypt the flight logs that you pull from the drone, not the app.
We do this every day.

You said that, but it doesn't explain how it is that no-one else is able to read the drone dat files?
I'm sticking with what I wrote originally.
1-31 14:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules