IR no longer recording on Mavic Enterprise 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1igw1lxjTmgm
lvl.1

United States

I just upgraded everything (drone, controller, Crystal Sky, etc) to the latest firmware. Other than figuring out the new MSX fusion settings, everything went smooth. However, I have always recorded IR video at the same time as visible camera footage, and really like this feature. This is no longer working. Whle recording visible light footage, I noticed the file that used to be created that contained IR video is just a super-low quality version of the same visible light video. What happened? How can I restore IR video file recording?

Todd
2020-5-30
Use props
fansfea20d4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70184 ft

United States

Have you figured out a solution? I'm currently having the same problem with video and regular photos. IR version just wont show up.
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_1igw1lxjTmgm
lvl.1

United States

No, this has not been resolved. I was hoping a firmware upgrade would fix it, but seemed to actually make it worse. IR is now almost worthless.
2020-7-6
Use props
FirePilot63
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_1igw1lxjTmgm Posted at 7-6 09:37
No, this has not been resolved. I was hoping a firmware upgrade would fix it, but seemed to actually make it worse. IR is now almost worthless.

Hopefully DJI will reach out and give us an answer, but it seems pretty doubtful.
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_1igw1lxjTmgm
lvl.1

United States

Yeah, they don't have a good record with handling customer issues. They fix things, so I am guessing they read complaints, but seldom respond to acknowledge problems.
2020-7-6
Use props
FirePilot63
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_1igw1lxjTmgm Posted at 7-6 09:50
Yeah, they don't have a good record with handling customer issues. They fix things, so I am guessing they read complaints, but seldom respond to acknowledge problems.

Just found a solution for my problem, maybe it will work for yours. I played with the MSX slider prior to starting my flight and took some test photos and they all turned out fine.

It seems like the camera previously took whatever was seen in IR Mode and now it takes whatever you see in MSX Mode. So if you set a really low-intensity MSX via the slider, it will take that kind of photo. I feel like mine was frozen on a really low intensity MSX setting that was identical to the Visible camera and that's why I was having duplicate "visible" photos.
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_1igw1lxjTmgm
lvl.1

United States

Very interesting. Thanks, I will have to give that a try.
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules