1196 5 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have recently been given a spark flymore combo from a friend who has now got a new drone.

He tried to replace the frame so it was like new when he gave it me. On reassembling the spark the ribbon connector for the downward sensors is damaged and now need replacing he thinks.

I have not taken it apart myself and just connected it to the go4 app and it highlights a problem with the downward sensors, he’s not a person that lies so here I’m wondering should I get it repaired and if so who should I get in contact with for the repair.

I wouldn’t attempt something like this myself as I’m not skilled enough to try

All advice welcome

Thanks

Ian
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ian, we apologize to know the drone needs a repair service, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav, after you submit, if your address is qualified for the shipping label, we will send it to you within 2 business days, if not, you will also be notified by the email. Please let us know if you have any further concerns
2020-5-30
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

if you can buy the ribbon try to fix it your self it can't cost that much . remember if it is not working properly now and if you can't fix it your self sent it in then . you will be surprised how much it going to cost to have it fixed . give it a try you have nothing to lose .
2020-6-1
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-30 18:46
Hi Ian, we apologize to know the drone needs a repair service, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav, after you submit, if your address is qualified for the shipping label, we will send it to you within 2 business days, if not, you will also be notified by the email. Please let us know if you have any further concerns

Hi DJI Mindy

Thanks for the reply, it’s much appreciated

Ian
2020-6-1
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

NRRTRAINS 85 Posted at 6-1 06:39
if you can buy the ribbon try to fix it your self it can't cost that much . remember if it is not working properly now and if you can't fix it your self sent it in then . you will be surprised how much it going to cost to have it fixed . give it a try you have nothing to lose .

Hi

Thanks for the info. I will look into it and see have much the downward vision sensor is and see how big a job is. From what I have been told my friend couldn’t get the connector to line up with the socket

Not sure if my eyes are good enough to see that much detail lol

Thanks a lot

Ian
2020-6-1
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi

Managed to fix it myself with a replacement downward vision sensor set from eBay. All working now.

Just need to work out how to secure the connector from becoming lose again as the elastic covering was removed and I’m worried it could come lose, all the other connectors have a screwed clamp over them but the downward sensor connection just had white glue over it

Any advice is welcome if what I can use to hold it down

Thanks in advance

Ian
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules