Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wind limit recommendations
1424 7 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

Hi, I’m new to owning a mavic air 2 and I’ve flown a few times now but still too chicken to make any long distance flights. Partly because, when I check UAV forecast app I see wind speeds sitting around 15-16mph with 24-24mph wind gusts. Mind you, this is at 200ft.

Based on your experience, would you fly the mavic air 2 in this wind speed?

Thanks for your input.
2020-5-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't own the MA2, but if it's like the first edition then that wind speed shouldn't
be that big of a deal. Now with that being said, the key is to fly into the wind
so on the return the wind help get back. You are a first time owner you may
want to get to know your bird before taking such risk.
2020-5-30
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
United States

Well I flew out 200-250ft out about 1500ft distance and had zero issues flying to and back. The drone speed was nearly equal both ways, so I’m also questioning the accuracy of UAV forecast. The air seemed practically dead on ground level.
2020-5-30
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
United States

This drone inspires way too much confidence.
2020-5-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew mine today near ground level with the winds  at that level actually about the same as in your forecast, no problems. We have a "seabreeze" almost every afternoon in the warmer months so it's normal.
2020-5-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HoosierFlyer Posted at 5-30 17:14
Well I flew out 200-250ft out about 1500ft distance and had zero issues flying to and back. The drone speed was nearly equal both ways, so I’m also questioning the accuracy of UAV forecast. The air seemed practically dead on ground level.

so I’m also questioning the accuracy of UAV forecast
A forecast is just a forecast.
There are many reasons why the forecast won't accurately match the actual wind you observe at your site.
2020-5-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've flown the MA2 in 30MPH winds - it remains very stable in flight. The two main things to be mindful of is that when you fly the drone into a fresh breeze the speed is reduced - the MA2 will reach around 28MPH in full pitch in N-mode in light winds but flying into a strong breeze it will drop to around 20MPH or even less and wind direction can change in a second. Also, the flight time will be massively reduced. I got 21 minutes off a full battery in those winds and at the same location yesterday in light winds and flying in the same modes I reached nearly 26 minutes.
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, The max wind speed resistance of Mavic Air 2 is 29–38 kph. The higher you fly the drone, the stronger the wind will be. When the wind is too strong, ther APP will prompt high wind, please land as soon as possible for the safety concern.
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules