CPU Overheating Issue
1202 7 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Hi. I am concerned with the reports on this forum of the Mavic Air 2's CPU overheating or at least giving a message that it is overheated. Personally I've only flown my drone in 70 degree F. or cooler temps and for less than 10 minute flights. I would like to know what conditions (temperature, flight duration) other pilots here have flown and if they have been subject to the CPU overheating and also if they were capturing video during their flights at what video settings ( for example 4K 60fps, 4K 30fps, etc.) ? I am a little bit scared of flying this drone at this time at say 80 degrees F. for any length of time doing 4k 30 fps video. As always thanks for the input of knowledge and experience.
2020-5-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew mine today with the temp around 87F. Was not a very long flight, ~10 minutes, and I don't remember the resolution setting. No warnings.
2020-5-30
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

mine started doing this today.  It's unflyable.  It wasnt doing it before...
2020-5-30
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Hi everyone. Last night I watched the following video on YouTube where Dustin Dunill from Maui Hawaii did a range test with the Mavic Air 2:
To make a long story short he flew for 27 minutes (with sensors off) filming at 4K 30fps in a very rural area to a distance of 4.95 miles away (started return home with 49% battery power) and returned to his home point down to 10% battery power where he flew it around down to 0% power and landed. He didn't have one glitch in the transmission and no overheating issue. Really impressive flight I would say.
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the maximum temperature and flight condition for your DJI Mavic Air 2 on our website. Please note that flying the drone above the said maximum flight conditions might cause a problem. Please let us know if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!  
2020-5-31
Use props
Seattle_Scott
lvl.2
United States

This started happening to me today. Iphone 7 Plus. DJI fly ver 1.2.2. Mavic Air 2. The warning started after the update to 1.2.2 and it's constant. A look at battery usage shows an unrelated app, Washington Notify Me (Washington State Covid notification app) was using 32% battery. Will kill that and see what happens. May also try putting the phone into airplane mode and see if that helps, but it is nice to be able to get texts while I fly.
Edit: Washington, in January. It's cold and I need gloves, so the phone shouldn't be overheating.
2021-1-1
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have flown my Air 2 in 100°F temperatures.  I flew 2 batteries and while the flight time seemed a minute or two shorter I did not experience any heat warnings for the CPU.
2021-1-1
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Seattle_Scott Posted at 1-1 13:28
This started happening to me today. Iphone 7 Plus. DJI fly ver 1.2.2. Mavic Air 2. The warning started after the update to 1.2.2 and it's constant. A look at battery usage shows an unrelated app, Washington Notify Me (Washington State Covid notification app) was using 32% battery. Will kill that and see what happens. May also try putting the phone into airplane mode and see if that helps, but it is nice to be able to get texts while I fly.
Edit: Washington, in January. It's cold and I need gloves, so the phone shouldn't be overheating.

The OP is referring to the CPU in the Mavic Air 2 and not the phone.  

Background apps can have an impact on heat.  But I would venture to guess you have a case on your phone the obstructs heat dissipation or that the phones hardware is emitting heat from the battery or logic board due to age.
2021-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules