Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Second MTB ride with the OA.
1011 15 2020-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Went out for another MTB ride last weekend and brought the OA (didn't have time to edit until now though). Unfortunately I forgot to compensate enough for me leaning forward while riding the bike, so the camera angle is slightly off sometimes. The video looked much better prior to uploading to YouTube. Not sure what happened there. Any tips on how to get better results on YouTube?

2020-5-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a fun ride.
2020-5-31
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

you should use 4k on youtube. they seem to go more easy on that res
2020-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-6-1
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

Woe Posted at 5-31 06:03
Looks like a fun ride.

It was indeed a fun ride! Always fun to get out on the bike.
2020-6-2
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

peiter Posted at 5-31 08:16
you should use 4k on youtube. they seem to go more easy on that res

Well, my current computer struggles too much to edit 4K. I've uploaded other 1080P videos that looked much much better afterwards. Probably used other export settings or something. I have to look into that some  more I guess.
2020-6-2
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

Thanks! Need more practice though, both when it comes to using the camera and editing the footage.
2020-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice.
Mycket bra!

The quality drop might be caused by the compression on YT.
Since there is a lot happening in the video (lot's of changes per frame) the compression will be higher.
How is the rendered video looking on the PC?
2020-6-2
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

you can always try to record a short 4K clip, and then just UL that as is to youtube, just to see how it stack up against 1080p footage you recorded in the same place the same day.

Skitbra,,,,,, those hills are something this Dane envy Swedes.
2020-6-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

CasualDronePilot Posted at 6-2 00:50
It was indeed a fun ride! Always fun to get out on the bike.

I totally agree
2020-6-2
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

Montfrooij Posted at 6-2 01:00
Looks nice.
Mycket bra!

Thanks! The rendered video looked really good on the PC. I think you're right about the compression on YouTube. Tried to render both VBR (variable bit rate) 1 pass and 2 pass to see which one yielded tye best results. Going to try constant bit rate as well. Lots of movement in the video might also contribute to compression artefacts yes. My other video are much slower compared to this one.
2020-6-3
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

peiter Posted at 6-2 03:02
you can always try to record a short 4K clip, and then just UL that as is to youtube, just to see how it stack up against 1080p footage you recorded in the same place the same day.

Skitbra,,,,,, those hills are something this Dane envy Swedes.

I'll try the 1080P vs 4K next time I'm one the bike. Thanks for the tip. Those hills are located in the supposed "flat" parts of Sweden (Skåne).
2020-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CasualDronePilot Posted at 6-3 01:56
Thanks! The rendered video looked really good on the PC. I think you're right about the compression on YouTube. Tried to render both VBR (variable bit rate) 1 pass and 2 pass to see which one yielded tye best results. Going to try constant bit rate as well. Lots of movement in the video might also contribute to compression artefacts yes. My other video are much slower compared to this one.

There are numerous tutorials on this subject (how to be affected less by the youtube compression algorithm) but I'm no expert on this subject.
I usually have slow movement in my videos, so I'm not too much bothered.
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CasualDronePilot. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your weekends MTB ride video with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI members on how they upload there videos in YouTube and on how to get better results on YouTube. Again great work and please stay safe always.
2020-6-7
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

CasualDronePilot Posted at 6-2 00:52
Well, my current computer struggles too much to edit 4K. I've uploaded other 1080P videos that looked much much better afterwards. Probably used other export settings or something. I have to look into that some  more I guess.

You don't need to edit in 4k. Export your 1080p video as 1440p and load it up to YT. 1440p videos get the VP09-Encoder and the double bitrate. That is a big step for better video quality! Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeazvKg6qs&feature=youtu.be

is an example for this. A trip through the center of Münster in Germany. Make shure to select the video format 1080p or 1440p. In 'Statistic for nerds' on your YT-Player you can see, that for both formats the VP09-Encoder is used.

2020-6-20
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

Helmut Ruch Posted at 6-20 03:35
You don't need to edit in 4k. Export your 1080p video as 1440p and load it up to YT. 1440p videos get the VP09-Encoder and the double bitrate. That is a big step for better video quality! Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeazvKg6qs&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the awesome tip! Just what I was asking for. It looks much better than my video. I'll try that the next time I upload to YouTube.
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules