2801 23 2020-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I would try the Fly app editor just for fun. But I cannot find any instructions for it. Do they even exist? Or is it one of those apps that are not worth writing instructions?

2020-5-31
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1644009 ft
United States

2020-5-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks. That is one of the best I have seen. It did leave out a few features though. I was wondering where the original instructions are or are we just supposed to discover them by ourselves.
2020-5-31
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Learning by doing and trying ;-) Does anyone know how to extend the display time of the pictures? I do not mean laboriously tapping and dragging each picture, but for example extending the duration per picture to 6 seconds for every 20 pictures (default are ONLY 2 seconds, which makes the clip very hectically and nervously)
2020-5-31
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1644009 ft
United States

2020-5-31
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's a great editor. Easy to use... similar to imovie.
2020-5-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

22340179 Posted at 5-31 19:08
It's a great editor. Easy to use... similar to imovie.

I would never describe an undocumented piece of software as "easy to use". That would all depend on the experience of the user. When and why did coders in the software industry stop providing documents for their products? I guess they all got too lazy...or can't/won't read anyway.
2020-5-31
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

GaryDoug, not sure if your using a iOS or Android but, the Fly app operates different by not being able to set the synchronize/beat in the Rhythm selection with a android like they mention in ALL of the tutorials. On the other hand the Mimo app allows both device types to set the beat/synchronize in the Rhythm selection.

Come on DJI you can fix the Fly App  if the Mimo App can do it!!!!
2020-5-31
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 5-31 20:02
I would never describe an undocumented piece of software as "easy to use". That would all depend on the experience of the user. When and why did coders in the software industry stop providing documents for their products? I guess they all got too lazy...or can't/won't read anyway.

That's probably because you are old. The program is very easy to use. It's like iphones don't come with instructions. They are intuitive.
2020-6-1
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

That's like saying if you close one eye or being an android pilot you'd only get half the operating pleasure. But like most of us seasoned adults' we like knowing all the programing features instead of just pushing buttons to see what it does.  I'm going to assume you know each other.
2020-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

By the way, you can get the full Apple iPhone user manual. Its almost 500 pages long.
2020-6-1
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The official tutorial video is here. The DJI Fly editing app is very simple to use.
2020-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ever notice how children keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and......
2020-6-1
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If you find the editor too hard you're going to have a hard time editing video with anything else. Maybe buy a kite, might be more suited to your skillset.
2020-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

22340179 Posted at 6-1 18:45
If you find the editor too hard you're going to have a hard time editing video with anything else. Maybe buy a kite, might be more suited to your skillset.

Well, I won't assume that everyone in Oz is rude beyond belief, but the evidence is building to that conclusion sonny.
2020-6-1
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 6-1 18:49
Well, I won't assume that everyone in Oz is rude beyond belief, but the evidence is building to that conclusion sonny.

That's a bit racist, Gary.
2020-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

As for kite flying, no chance you could do this:

And I suggest you learn the meaning of racism. Look it up...if you can read. We are NOT of a different race.
2020-6-1
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Forming prejudice against someone from a different national origin than your own is indeed a form of racism. Perhaps you should take your own advice and look it up as you obviously need to. Very sad state of affairs over there in America at the moment, it's not a nice way to be to others...
2020-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You try to have a nice day now.
2020-6-1
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 6-1 19:27
You try to have a nice day now.

I will, thanks. Just try not to be so racist to everyone on here that is trying to help you.
2020-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Let it go dude. I give you the same advise.
2020-6-1
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 6-1 20:01
Let it go dude. I give you the same advise.

Please stop telling me what to do. It's annoying.
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GaryDoug. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. The Editor function in DJI Fly application is newly designed. The "Templates" allows users to import files and use the templates to generate videos easily, the "Pro" offers advanced editing functions so that users are free to create what they want, and the "Rhythm" allows users to easily cut videos alongside the beats of background music, add video transitions, and align these transitions with the rhythm of the music so that users can create popular videos. In addition I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to edit and share videos with the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2020-6-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 20:18
Hello there GaryDoug. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. The Editor function in DJI Fly application is newly designed. The "Templates" allows users to import files and use the templates to generate videos easily, the "Pro" offers advanced editing functions so that users are free to create what they want, and the "Rhythm" allows users to easily cut videos alongside the beats of background music, add video transitions, and align these transitions with the rhythm of the music so that users can create popular videos. In addition I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to edit and share videos with the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Well, you tell me what it can do without providing instructions. Sorry, but as an accomplished engineer for over 50 years, documentation is required in any serious release of a software product. Therefore I must assume this is just for play and not serious to use. The video linked above describes virtually none of the details of the process. It is just a broad summary or marketing tool.

This being a product designed in China, I do realize the "inconvenience" of providing instructions in many languages. However I do not understand the reluctance to use people in those countries to help, at least to proofread the content.

You take care now.

2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules