Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll! Do you think users should upgrade to the latest firmware?
7729 67 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j_purcell
New

United States

With all the issues with the latest firmware, why not have DJI basically re-release v1.1.9 as a new firmware update allowing us to downgrade in a sense.?
Or better yet, have DJI give us a tool/app to allow us to downgrade the firmware?

2015-6-25
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why bring up ancient forum threads?
There has been new firmware and an updated Go App, since this thread was started.
The new Go App and latest firmware are solid and stable on my Phantom 3 Pro.
No problems or erratic flight behavior what so ever. Of course I admit, my drone has been flawless and without any concerns since day one. Numero uno!!
Feel like a champ, when ever I am flying, and very proud to have such an awesome drone, for the price I paid.
It has been everything I had ever hoped for, and far beyond, with the way @DJI has given us the extras such as the autonomous flight modes and better app, with more personal settings and advantages.  Yes, update to the most recent version, and if it has fault, revert back to the last version. I do save the previous firmware bin files on my computer, but feel I can safely delete them now and rely on anything new that comes our way.
I hate to read about folks who fear updating, or are nervous to fly their drones after a recent update. Instead of enjoying the hobby.
Waiting in earnest for other pilots  to fly with success or crash with miserable failures. Not me. I refuse to take that freedom of travel, restricting, narrowing road of doubt.
I loudly 'Go' where no man has gone before, while besides the beta testers, who braved the route first.. Hahaha
The failures are a tiny fraction of a %. Ah, considering the numbers of drones in the air, flying safe, without regard of any mission failures...

RedHotPoker

2015-12-16
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-12-17 06:21
Why bring up ancient forum threads?
There has been new firmware and an updated Go App, since this th ...

After 160 flights I thought very similar to you until my 161st flight when a flyaway happened to me while "beta testing" DJI firmware.
2015-12-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sorry to hear that, it's very unfortunate indeed. I hate that about beta testing, all the risk, very little reward.
What have you learned? Do you get a 'free' replacement, Or do you have to buy a new drone, and receive 30% off? ;-)
Although, they are Never free, when you have already bought the first one. Hope it all works out, for your benefit.
Like maybe a replacement bird, but with free battery and hard shell back pack, for your honest efforts to help the cause.

RedHotPoker
2015-12-16
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Do we have to update anything or can we just fly with what we are on?
2015-12-17
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-12-17 05:56
Sorry to hear that, it's very unfortunate indeed. I hate that about beta testing, all the risk, very ...

Hi

I purchased my drone on mid July,fw version 1.1.9,and flew flawless,after the update to  1.2.7 and 1.3.20 i had several problem related to video lag not to the flying performance,then i tried to roll back to 1.1.9,and here began the problem,i had difficulties in rolling back i had several attempts to get it done, and on August he flew away crashing,suddenly he didn't respond to command.
When in November i got it back after 3 months wait,i saw RC changed(serial number was different ),then the original one i got previously..what i had to think?
I had to pay for the service,no warranty applied....now i run Fw1.5.30 and RC 1.5.7,and till now seems to work fine(knock wood)...
I seems to me than certain model live on their own lives,some flaw without problem and some seems to be hacked.When i got from retailer after repair,mount 1.4 fw,and i was reluctant to up grade to 1.5.30,i did it for the new features POI,Waypoint, eccc....and all was fine.
It would be good to have the chance to roll back to the version one like most or fell more confident to operate,without restriction of the version do downgrade to.
Cheers
2015-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I agree with everything that you said. It's very unfortunate that some drones have had problems, right from the beginning.
While others had great beginnings but faltered after updating the firmware to a newer version. That doesn't make sense.
That  other confusing thing, that @DJI sends customers, back different models than they send in for repair does also seem strange.
Perhaps some models are too far gone, or impossible to repair, so they become spare parts, for other ones? Forcing em to send you a different drone. Guessing here.
I have always felt confident about advancing my craft, and moving forward with new upgrades. And I continue to stand by that statement.
I will take every new upgrade, with confidence and eager anticipation. It's like opening fancy wrapped gift, & not knowing, what might be inside, but full of curiosity. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-12-17
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-12-17 10:41
I agree with everything that you said. It's very unfortunate that some drones have had problems, rig ...

Hi redhot

In my humble opinion is that once you find out your balanced firmware that work fine,and contain all the feature you need...you simply no need to upgrade it,in order to avoid ,the "unwanted"...

Ciaooo
2015-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

When a new firmware or app are released, it is often to help correct a problem that was made known, from a previous version.
Upgrading the drone firmware should be a happy occasion. Not something you dread, like a dental appointment.
Sure some Phantom pilots stay on a certain firmware, that they find stable. But some firmware may be mandatory, and you might be grounded before updating.
I suppose the secret to complete success, is to buy a trouble free drone, and go from there.
Seems to me, a troubled drone, has situations, right from the "Get Go". Something I, thankfully, have yet to experience.  ;-)

Hope you can get it all buttoned up, and begin to really enjoy your investment.

RedHotPoker
2015-12-17
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-12-17 13:56
Sorry to hear that, it's very unfortunate indeed. I hate that about beta testing, all the risk, very ...

I haven't heard s**t since I submitted my "customer usage questionnaire" on 12/12.  No response to multiple emails...
2015-12-17
Use props
Evan DUFIS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54593 ft
France

Hello,

For information first flight with the new firmware :
http://forum.dji.com/thread-37369-1-1.html
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firmware version 1.6 was just released this morning.
2015-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, I updated my Phantom 3 Pro' straight away.  ;-)
Still need to put it out for 20 minutes, to chill it down, & then do a cold IMU calibration, as well my gimbal too.

To all, a very Merry Christmas. . . On all continents, every country, city and in your own neighbourhood.

Wishing everyone a safe festive holiday season, and hope all your best dreams came true. Ha

RedHotPoker
2015-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-17 20:10
I haven't heard s**t since I submitted my "customer usage questionnaire" on 12/12.  No response to ...

What's happening, big guy? Any word from the @DJI HQ on your bird, replacement or how are they going to compensate YOU, for your huge loss, while beta testing ?

Sure glad I never accepted the genuine offer from @DJI-Amber to be a beta tester. Pheeeww

Anyway, still In your corner, hoping for a positive outcome, in your favour.

RedHotPoker
2015-12-22
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

some people are saying that it affects the range, is this true ?
2015-12-22
Use props
dmarlin247
lvl.1

United States

If DJI does not deal with this IMMEDIATELY they are gonna have 1 MILLION (# of Drones speculated to be sold) more problems after this Holiday!
2015-12-22
Use props
Brando1234
lvl.1
Australia

wiregrassbulldo Posted at 2015-6-26 00:02
Updated to 1.26 on 15th.  It's been flawless.

Hi All

I purchased P3P about 4 weeks ago, it came I think with v1.4, which I then upgraded to 1.5, and now 1.6,

I don't have any options as was already on 1.4 from purchase, spent pretty much 3 weeks reading information, manuals, changing settings and calibrating everything, but am now on the latest recommendations and firmware, didn't have much of a choice starting at 1. 4

I have not flown it yet and am very apprehensive to do so, I am planning on testing in GPS with no wind, in a good invironment and line of sight, if I see anything that does not look correct, altitude, rotors, vibrations, changes in course that I didn't produce, then it will be back on the ground, for safety reasons and won't go up again until all the research, forums, software is calculated to be correct, I cannot say I am disappointed as yet, as have not flown, so will get back to you all.

If I see any of the above, on a couple of test flights  and continually have to keep updating firmware without ability to rollback, to a known version without complaints, then I will be very disappointed.

I am the type to move on, change brands if I don't like something, I am loyal but to a point.

I will update my progress as I fly, I hope it works as it should and I have got value for money.

B
2015-12-24
Use props
dpdurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265830 ft
United States

After getting my P3S I flew for several days with no problems, did an update and now I get a 2-3 second message in red that the signal is not good from transmitter to aircraft and then it goes back to GPS mode.
Not sure what is going on and haven't flown it since.  The upgrade went as planned with no problems..
2016-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dpdurst Posted at 2016-1-25 23:21
After getting my P3S I flew for several days with no problems, did an update and now I get a 2-3 sec ...

Are you talking about "Weak RC Signal" if so then it's interference where your at.
Also, make sure to calibrate the IMU, Compass, and gimbal,
2016-1-25
Use props
dpdurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265830 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-26 03:25
Are you talking about "Weak RC Signal" if so then it's interference where your at.
Also, make sure ...

Definitely not interference. However After the update and my post, I did do a full IMU calibration and compass and the problem is gone. I noted in one of the videos that you should always do that so its on my list of things to check after an upgrade.
Also reviewed the video with antenna placement up or down in relation to the drone and I think this helped as well.

Thanks
2016-1-27
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

you need to add a third option: no not at all.    I never upgrade......been there done that.......never again!!!!
2017-2-5
Use props
DaveNC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28560 ft
United States

I voted yes, simply because I'm using my P3S with the latest firmware, 1.8.10, and DJI GO app 3.1.4, and it seems to be working without any problems. I haven't tried any long distance flying yet, but around the back yard it's working great.

The new version of the app MAY have solved my constant "Strong Interference" warning, but I was also using a different iOS device, so I'm not sure which one did the trick.

However, the recent issues with the updated Android app would concern me if I was using an Android device, but an update would have to be an improvement.

Dave
2017-2-5
Use props
fans5c80eb9a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1334682 ft
  • >>>
United States

pianist Posted at 2015-6-16 21:42
Mark, I totally agree.

Dear DJI - please provide a "fix" so at least we can roll back to 1.1.9!!

Does dji ever respond?
2017-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Start a new thread with your questions or concerns.
Replying to old forgotten posts has no benefit.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-2 12:51
Start a new thread with your questions or concerns.
Replying to old forgotten posts has no benefit.

That's against the rules. Specifically, this rule:

IIIa.1. Do  not create new thread if there is already a thread open about that  topic
2017-12-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

CraigR Posted at 2017-12-16 23:26
That's against the rules. Specifically, this rule:

IIIa.1. Do  not create new thread if there is already a thread open about that  topic

I believe that rule was meant to prevent you from posting several of your own similar threads on the same subject.

That doesn't exclude you from opening a new thread, with your own concerns.

If your meaning was true, there would rarely be any new posts, just latching on to old ones. Boring.

That's why I suggested starting a new post, with your own issues.

Whatever, not here to debate or argue with your opinion. Have a nice day.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

In a perfect world, there would be only one thread for each topic.  Everybody would search for that thread and post their issue in that thread.  The OP, being alert and mindful of his OP obligations, would make a timely edit of his opening post with the specific fix or post# for various problems & solutions as they came about.  The forum would be filled with such threads - problems and solutions all in the opening post, and finding solutions to problems would be a simple matter of doing a quick search and reading the opening post of a given thread.  What a wonderful world that would be.

MHO
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules