CrystalSky doesn't see my M2P anymore.
488 6 2020-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I have a M2P with a 7” CrystalSky tablet attached to the RC. My RC connects to my M2P but my 7” CrystalSky isn’t receiving any telemetry or image, and reports that the M2P is disconnected. I know the RC and M2P are connected because I can fly the drone. This just started happening last week. Just to clarify... the cable has been checked and is fine, all the firmware and software on all my components are definately up-to-date. I connected my iPhone to the RC and it works fine.

I guess my question is: can telemetry transmission from the RC to the CrystalSky be accidentally turned off? If so, how do I turn it back on?

2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a screenshot of where the error message on the app appears? Also, can you please try to use a different communication data cable for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-6-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know you've say you checked you cable and it is fine, but I would recommend trying a different cable if you've got one.  Cables are kind of funny and finicky and can work on one device but not another.  
2020-6-1
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-1 08:29
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a screenshot of where the error message on the app appears? Also, can you please try to use a different communication data cable for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

There is no error message in the GO4 app, there is the word "DISCONNECTED" in the lower left corner of the tablet. However the RC says "READY TO GO". When I pull both paddles to the bottom, the M2P starts up and I can lift off. I have tried another data cable with the same results. I thought that maybe I had selected an option on the CrystalSky by mistake that turned off the telemetry.
2020-6-1
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 6-1 08:32
I know you've say you checked you cable and it is fine, but I would recommend trying a different cable if you've got one.  Cables are kind of funny and finicky and can work on one device but not another.

Thanks for getting back to me KlooGee. I've tried another cable with the same results... unless the other cable is also faulty. I'll see if I can find a third one.
2020-6-1
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Have you ensured that you have the latest firmware update on the CS as well as the latest version of GO4? There was an update on the CS software recently for Pilot and GO4. You may need to do a factory rest on the CS. It is a possibility that the USB drivers are corrupted.
2020-6-1
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

EFRPIC Posted at 6-1 19:54
Have you ensured that you have the latest firmware update on the CS as well as the latest version of GO4? There was an update on the CS software recently for Pilot and GO4. You may need to do a factory rest on the CS. It is a possibility that the USB drivers are corrupted.

I guess I've tried just about everything without success. I tried 3 different cable's, checked the firmware (GO4 v4.0.16, Mavic v01.00.0510, Assistant v2.0.12, CrystalSky v3.0.2.0).

I bought a Smart Controller this week and it works fine. I also setup the old RC with my iPhone 6 and GO4, as a second controller for the M2P, and it works fine. All this leads me to suspect that  the GO4 in the CrystalSky is not processing the telemetry from the RC.

BTW, I was moving the gimbal around with the old RC and the video went blank (I think I saw an Error 200 on the IPhone). I turned EVERYTHING off and rebooted, and got my video back. I see that a lot of users reported this Error 200 problem. Maybe it's a bug in the latest software/firmware that will eventually be fixed.
2020-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules