Cant read files in windows media player
3382 5 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I have just borrowed an M2 Zoom off a friend as he wants me to update it, thats not the issue, i can do that, what the issue is that I flew it yesterday and recorded about 24 minutes of flight in 4K, if i try to play these files in windows 10 media player they come up as unknown file type and wont play.

But if i open up my Cyberlink Power Director suite and import the file i can view it without any issues.

So why doesnt Windows Media Player play the file

I can play a 1080P file from the same unit without any issues.

mav2

mav2
2020-6-1
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

Windows 10 should really play 4K out of the box (Explorer/Mediaplayer), but only if it is encoded in h.264. If the vid is encoded in HEVC/h.265 (check out) , you need a HEVC extension from the Microsoft Store.  Mavic can use both encodings.
2020-6-3
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DrohneSG Posted at 6-3 01:48
Windows 10 should really play 4K out of the box (Explorer/Mediaplayer), but only if it is encoded in h.264. If the vid is encoded in HEVC/h.265 (check out) , you need a HEVC extension from the Microsoft Store.  Mavic can use both encodings.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll get a file Analyzer and see what the codecs are for it
2020-6-3
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DrohneSG Posted at 6-3 01:48
Windows 10 should really play 4K out of the box (Explorer/Mediaplayer), but only if it is encoded in h.264. If the vid is encoded in HEVC/h.265 (check out) , you need a HEVC extension from the Microsoft Store.  Mavic can use both encodings.

Yes you were right, seems my laptop doesnt auto install the H265 codec, I got it from the store and it now works
2020-6-3
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

download h265 codec
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there crash1sttime. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with reading the files you have captured with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom in windows media player before and it is great to know you were able to find a way to fix the said issue. If you have any other concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules