Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
severe camera shake mavic 2 pro 2nd flight
1308 20 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

Hey guys, brand new Mavic 2 pro.  Second flight and i get severe camera shake.  Unusable.

Any ideas what it could be and how to fix?  The first flight i did with it was fine a few days ago.

2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there mickspawn. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. When you are encountering this issue on the said unit, did you noticed any error message on the DJI Go 4 application? I would also recommend please try to do a Gimbal Calibration to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2020-6-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 01:46
Hi there mickspawn. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. When you are encountering this issue on the said unit, did you noticed any error message on the DJI Go 4 application? I would also recommend please try to do a Gimbal Calibration to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Hello Stephen, did not notice any errors.  Would you like me to send you the flight logs?  i will try a gimbal calibration before my next flight.  What are you thinking the issue might be?
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mickspawn Posted at 6-1 02:43
Hello Stephen, did not notice any errors.  Would you like me to send you the flight logs?  i will try a gimbal calibration before my next flight.  What are you thinking the issue might be?

Hi there mickspawn. Thank you for the reply. Please try to calibrate the gimbal of the said drone and try to have a sample flight to see if the issue will still persist. This will help us know what the issue is. Thank you.
2020-6-1
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

just my few cents, high  wind could cause erratic movement of gimbal,  try to fly again on a calm day.
2020-6-1
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had a mavic 2 pro up in wind that was blowing an oak about to the same extent that that pond side tree was being blown about and you'd have thought the video was shot from a tripod.
To the OP it didn't have a run in with birds by any chance did it?
2020-6-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-1 04:47
I've had a mavic 2 pro up in wind that was blowing an oak about to the same extent that that pond side tree was being blown about and you'd have thought the video was shot from a tripod.

totally agree.  My last mavic pro 2 flew in very strong winds and never once moved.  No birds.  I could replicate the same issue in multiple areas.
2020-6-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-1 04:47

take a look at this.. definitely not wind lol

2020-6-1
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That twitch was why I was asking if you had had a run in with a bird. But as you say, no birds.
That said I have seen my Mini (the drone itself) twitch like that and far worse when a gust or eddy has caught it. I think the twitch was visible on the viewer's screen but the screen wasn't my real interest at the time. The M2P however just 'sat' there in similar conditions.
2020-6-1
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

It's a gimbal issue for sure.  Don't know if it's hardware or software related.  I remember someone on these forums stating that gimbals dropping or moving in an undesired manner is 'normal'.  Gimbals are specifically made to stabilize a shot to minimize sharp or 'jerky' camera movements.  See if DJI can help you out with this.
2020-6-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 03:17
Hi there mickspawn. Thank you for the reply. Please try to calibrate the gimbal of the said drone and try to have a sample flight to see if the issue will still persist. This will help us know what the issue is. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

I calibrated the gimbal, compass and sensors.  It made no difference.  See video below:

2020-6-3
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

mickspawn Posted at 6-3 02:47
Hi Stephen,

I calibrated the gimbal, compass and sensors.  It made no difference.  See video below:

God.... so most probably or obviously rusult of hardware error,  replacement could be only solution
2020-6-3
Use props
Brent848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57480 ft
United States

That almost looks like an exagerated FPV mode in the last video. Have you tried switching to follow mode? Either way its not normal for it to be that wild.
2020-6-3
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

Brent848 Posted at 6-3 08:33
That almost looks like an exagerated FPV mode in the last video. Have you tried switching to follow mode? Either way its not normal for it to be that wild.

it's in follow mode mate.  that isnt the issue here
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mickspawn Posted at 6-3 02:47
Hi Stephen,

Hi there mickspawn. Thank you for providing this video with us. After watching the video and as you have said that you have already calibrated the said drone. I would now recommend for you to contact our DJI Support team at ( https://www.dji.com/support ) for us to be able to check the said drone physically and the proper resolution will be provided. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Thank you.
2020-6-4
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue with my Mavic 2 Zoom and returned it. It was replaced under warranty. The cause was given as a faulty gimbal motor. I would send it back to DJI.
2020-6-4
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

Mullheliflier Posted at 6-4 00:21
I had a similar issue with my Mavic 2 Zoom and returned it. It was replaced under warranty. The cause was given as a faulty gimbal motor. I would send it back to DJI.

thanks mate have done so today.  I think it must be an issue with the roll motor.
2020-6-4
Use props
fanscbdd9b4a
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mickspawn Posted at 6-4 04:13
thanks mate  have done so today.  I think it must be an issue with the roll motor.

I had same issue with message Gimbal Motor Overload, my Mavic 2 pro was only 3 months old yet DJI charged me £300 for the repair, oh well got to give my money to someone huh!
2020-6-6
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

fanscbdd9b4a Posted at 6-6 07:41
I had same issue with message Gimbal Motor Overload, my Mavic 2 pro was only 3 months old yet DJI charged me £300 for the repair, oh well got to give my money to someone huh!

Shouldn't that be a warranty case ??
2020-6-6
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

He has returned for replace......

Your M2Pro will perform as expected, and exceed expectations!!   

Randy
2020-6-6
Use props
fanscbdd9b4a
lvl.1

United Kingdom

KDP + Posted at 6-6 10:05
Shouldn't that be a warranty case ??

I was told not and within a week of receiving it back it now has downward sensor issues so won't land. What a joke.
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules