Import fee and VAT
4759 4 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nola
lvl.1

Lithuania

I'm interested in buying a drone and shipping it to Canada, and I found some old threads from 2016 and 2018 about having no import fees, that they are all covered by DJI, so I just want to confirm that it's still like that? Since nothing is strictly specified in the shopping cart, except that it says the shipping is free... What should I do if the currier demands any kind of extra fee from me?
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Nola, in accordance with EU regulations, your online purchases from DJI will be taxed at the applicable vat rate for your shipping address. Any additional duties incurred during the import process will be paid by DJI. You may find a price including the tax on the checkout page and your invoice.
If you are VAT-registered in an EU member state (excluding the UK, Germany, Ireland, and the Netherlands) and have a VAT registration number, then subject to the conditions as set out in the VAT Registration Agreement, you can submit that VAT registration number for purchasing from the DJI Online Store (store.dji.com). For more information, kindly please check this website: https://store.dji.com/pages/eu-vat or contact our support team via support@dji.com
I hope this can help you, thanks!
2020-6-1
Use props
Nola
lvl.1

Lithuania

Thanks for your fast reply, but I did not mention anything about the EU part, unless my current location is important? I would be buying the drone off of canadian store, and shipping it to canadian adress, and in that case I need confirmation that DJI is covering any duties that might occur during the import process, but I guess that would be your global policy and you're paying for it no matter if EU or Cadana.
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nola Posted at 6-1 22:19
Thanks for your fast reply, but I did not mention anything about the EU part, unless my current location is important? I would be buying the drone off of canadian store, and shipping it to canadian adress, and in that case I need confirmation that DJI is covering any duties that might occur during the import process, but I guess that would be your global policy and you're paying for it no matter if EU or Cadana.

Sorry that, Nola. Your IP on the forum showed you are located in the EU.

For a Canadian order, it will be shipped from outside of your country, any duties incurred during the import process will be paid by DJI. Thanks.
2020-6-2
Use props
shanekweb
lvl.2
Ireland

Why is it that my 0% VAT status was removed from my account when I'm from the Republic of Ireland which is NOT a part of the UK?
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules