Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shaky Footage with P4P v2
377 7 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanGuitarMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300945 ft
United States

In taking video with my P4P v2, I am consistently getting slightly shaky footage.  What am I doing wrong?  I have recalibrated compass, gimbal, etc. I have sent one of my P4P v2 to DJI trying to see if there is something wrong with the drone.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2020-6-1
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Welcome !! I hope Dji will answer you soon
2020-6-1
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

Having same problem, Twitchy and Shaky video. Turns out the yaw isn't working.
Kinda sad. Spend almost $2K for a Drone, that hasn't seen but couple dozen( if that) in flights. Was fine my last use. Get it out again few weeks later and of course another update before you can fly. Now no Yaw movement. Every calibration has done nothing.  
2020-6-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Grimmeute Posted at 6-1 14:35
Having same problem, Twitchy and Shaky video. Turns out the yaw isn't working.
Kinda sad. Spend almost $2K for a Drone, that hasn't seen but couple dozen( if that) in flights. Was fine my last use. Get it out again few weeks later and of course another update before you can fly. Now no Yaw movement. Every calibration has done nothing.

Are you aware that the gimbal does not yaw on the P4? The aircraft itself rotates to produce the same affect.
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DanGuitarMan. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 and thank you for contacting out DJI support team for us to be able to check the said drone. In addition, are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to check. Thank you.
2020-6-1
Use props
DanGuitarMan
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-1 15:57
Are you aware that the gimbal does not yaw on the P4? The aircraft itself rotates to produce the same affect.

What do you mean the gimbal does not yaw?  Do you mean the gimbal does not turn left or right and you have to turn the drone left or right?  If so, does this effect the video quality?
2020-6-2
Use props
DanGuitarMan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 19:24
Hello there DanGuitarMan. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 and thank you for contacting out DJI support team for us to be able to check the said drone. In addition, are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to check. Thank you.

Here  is a link to some of the footage.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... tfjoNDg?usp=sharing

2020-6-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DanGuitarMan Posted at 6-2 04:26
What do you mean the gimbal does not yaw?  Do you mean the gimbal does not turn left or right and you have to turn the drone left or right?  If so, does this effect the video quality?

The gimbal has a small amount of yaw capability, that is used in the stabilisation process of the gimbal. For any larger movement, the whole aircraft rotates. If it didn't, you would have the landing legs come into view. And no, it should have no effect on the video quality.
In your two examples, you do have some definite shaking of the gimbal. Have you tried checking it out with the aircraft on a table, without the motors running? There may be some grit trapped in the gimbal, stopping it from working properly.
2020-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules