20574 506 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-20 04:13
Disagreement & debate is human nature.  Personally i don't care one way or the other were DJI to add Activetrack to the Mini.  I just find it unlikely.  What I find annoying is people who bought the Mini, knowing it lacks the feature, now insisting they must have it.  It's lIke buying an economy car & then insisting it include 4-wheel drive.  The repetitive topics get old too.

I have to disagree and say that it’s not like buying an economy car and demanding 4 wheel drive... it’s about asking for one feature to be added to the mini, without spending more than double the price of the mini to get the MA2 for just that feature... it’s one reason car manufacturers introduce several trim levels of one model of car or truck. Sometimes we don’t WANT ALL of the premium features, but we want a few “extras” at a slightly higher price... Everybody needs to stop comparing this to buying, for example, a Hyundai Elantra, and wanting the features of, for example, a MacLaren GTR... it really is a bad analogy...
2020-6-20
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-20 09:26
I have to disagree and say that it’s not like buying an economy car and demanding 4 wheel drive... it’s about asking for one feature to be added to the mini, without spending more than double the price of the mini to get the MA2 for just that feature... it’s one reason car manufacturers introduce several trim levels of one model of car or truck. Sometimes we don’t WANT ALL of the premium features, but we want a few “extras” at a slightly higher price... Everybody needs to stop comparing this to buying, for example, a Hyundai Elantra, and wanting the features of, for example, a MacLaren GTR... it really is a bad analogy...

It is technically feasible to add many functions/features via software or firmware but where everyone differs is in expectations.  I have no use for AT in a Mini and rarely use it on my M2P.  My top priority is to have RAW files added to the Mini.  It is very easy to add and the Mini hardware can easily support it.  However, I do not expect it to be added and I purchased the Mini knowing that the lack of RAW would be a compromise for me.  RAW support is traditionally considered an intermediate to advanced camera feature and DJI will most likely not introduce it in an entry level drone.  This is consistent with how camera manufacturers approach entry level point and shoot cameras.

In a standard product marketing model, companies will differentiate products by offering a variety of features/benefits at different price points.  They will target specific customer segments and the entry level segment will typically provide a limited set of features/functions with lower performance at a cheaper price.  What a company provides is not necessarily tied to what they can do via hardware, software or firmware.  For example, it is common for software companies to provide you their full software program or suite but will lock out functions unless you pay certain licensing fees for that part of the program.  

I personally would love to have as many functions as possible in the Mini that can be technically developed.  However, my expectation is that DJI will limit any additions and what they add will be in line with what they consider is appropriate for an entry level Drone.  As other pointed out, there may be other reasons why DJI will not add AT to the Mini.  In the end, it is very difficult to find a product that will meet everyone’s needs in terms of price/performance/features/benefits and purchasing a technology product is always a compromise – at least for me.  Yes, there is a segment of the Mini (sub-250gm) market that wants AT but I am guessing it is relatively small just like the segment for RAW.   In other words, DJI has and will continue to sell tons of Mini’s because most of the market does not need or expect those features at that price point.  As competition changes or DJI’s develops a different understanding of customers’ requirements, maybe the Mini 2 will have both.
2020-6-20
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Every product improve with time. I guess DJI listen to customers to know what to improve as well. This forum is like a free marketing study. This might not be useful for the current Mini, but might be useful for the Mini 2.  They seem to listen to the customers a lot, because people were wishing for a powerful sub 250g drone and we got it. People were wishing for manual controls on the video and we got it. If nobody ask anything, they would not know what would entice people to buy a product. In the end, it's the customer that dictate what product get choosen or not.
2020-6-20
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-10 12:49
It’s definitely NOT about “crying because they can’t afford the DJI drone with more features.” It IS about having a sub 250gram weight class drone that you don’t need a pilot certificate to fly it or have to register with government agencies (at least in Canada) that has some sort of tracking feature other than just in quick shots... many Mavic Mini buyers are brand new to the drone scene, and don’t want to invest more money in a more advanced drone, not to mention the registration and licensing requirements, just to find out they don’t like the drone hobby/profession... so go fly your more expensive DJI drone with more features somewhere else - your negative comments are not needed here.

I only own a mini, and I am happy with it. The only reason I wish I had bought the MA, is that I don't see users crying about features it doesn't have and never said it had on that forum. I hope DJI gives you your active track and a checkbox that activates it and forfeits both your warranty and refresh, as you asked for. Then we will know if it is worth putting active track on such a small drone. Either it will work, or we will have more crying over lost drones.
2020-6-20
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 6-20 18:41
I only own a mini, and I am happy with it. The only reason I wish I had bought the MA, is that I don't see users crying about features it doesn't have and never said it had on that forum. I hope DJI gives you your active track and a checkbox that activates it and forfeits both your warranty and refresh, as you asked for. Then we will know if it is worth putting active track on such a small drone. Either it will work, or we will have more crying over lost drones.

...for sure, there will be more crying if it's ever implemented...no doubt.

And then there will be more demands for advanced features that are available on more expensive drones.

...but, why would DJI put themselves in vulnerable position for all them cry-babies and their supporting surrogate-moms...?

2020-6-21
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-20 10:28
Every product improve with time. I guess DJI listen to customers to know what to improve as well. This forum is like a free marketing study. This might not be useful for the current Mini, but might be useful for the Mini 2.  They seem to listen to the customers a lot, because people were wishing for a powerful sub 250g drone and we got it. People were wishing for manual controls on the video and we got it. If nobody ask anything, they would not know what would entice people to buy a product. In the end, it's the customer that dictate what product get choosen or not.

...flying nun is back!
2020-6-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-6-22
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

You know what... there's a point past which you can give it (the active track feature) for free, of course if you will. Once past that point there's just diminishing return.

There's still lot of people out there that willy nilly are out of budget for more expensive drones, some that feel MA2 is out of size for their ultra-compact needs, some others that specifically need a <250gr. drones for regulation compliance and so on.

If you bring Active Track late in the product life cycle this will likely boost Mavic Mini usage, pushing again the sales of the product and related accessories up without eating the market of any other product of your portfolio because those interested are for the majority people that really couldn't see a way to upgrade or upscale as a viable option for them.

A similar theory could apply on the circulation of third party accessories, sometimes pushing the limit of the system or even posing a safety risk... but still, if you do use one of such accessories you know it is at your own risk, and to be clear DJI has nothing to lose there, if not capitalize on the fact should you have problems the user is even more likely to acknowledge his faults and accept to knock on DJI's door to get a replacement, sometimes even an upgrade as most most of the accidents I believe do happen because people incautiously push the limit of the product far beyond its capabilities.

Personally I wouldn't like that kind of people to fly not even paper planes because you know... your average grandpa is already dangerous enough when he smashes his Open/Vauxhall Agila into the grocery store... can you believe what a threat he could be had you given him a Tesla? Let me just not digress here, anyway morale of the story is: at some point you will incur in limits for every product and I believe if you aren't sensitive enough to perceive them, you probably shouldn't upgrade in the first place. With upscale models you may temporarily lower the risk chance, but if you aren't suited to it increase the likelihood of the big one, basically lowering the risk but increasing the hazard of a possible nasty outcome (losing a more costly drone or inflicting damage to people or property).

Probably went too far in... but I do not feel like coming back [delete] at this point.
2020-6-22
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

m80116 Posted at 6-22 10:48
You know what... there's a point past which you can give it (the active track feature) for free, of course if you will. Once past that point there's just diminishing return.

There's still lot of people out there that willy nilly are out of budget for more expensive drones, some that feel MA2 is out of size for their ultra-compact needs, some others that specifically need a

...va bene, grazie. Salute di Barletta
2020-6-22
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-19 13:29
Well... at least now I know where to come for some entertainment and laughs...

I will bring the popcorn!!! i mean its like drawing a pistols at dawn on this forum lately.  
2020-6-24
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-20 04:13
Disagreement & debate is human nature.  Personally i don't care one way or the other were DJI to add Activetrack to the Mini.  I just find it unlikely.  What I find annoying is people who bought the Mini, knowing it lacks the feature, now insisting they must have it.  It's lIke buying an economy car & then insisting it include 4-wheel drive.  The repetitive topics get old too.

whilst i agree disagreement and debate is human nature there are many members on this forum who enjoy getting a rise out of people with condescending sarcastic undertones! the whole point of a debate is to air your views then make conclusions! unfortunately conclusions never seem to be reached on this forum! just petty squabbling and name calling ! and it gets tedious,especially when your trying to find out information on a subject or gain the general consensus of the forums members. I only seem to come to the forum to watch the petulance that some members seem to propogate.
2020-6-24
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-24 04:32
whilst i agree disagreement and debate is human nature there are many members on this forum who enjoy getting a rise out of people with condescending sarcastic undertones! the whole point of a debate is to air your views then make conclusions! unfortunately conclusions never seem to be reached on this forum! just petty squabbling and name calling ! and it gets tedious,especially when your trying to find out information on a subject or gain the general consensus of the forums members. I only seem to come to the forum to watch the petulance that some members seem to propogate.

Well said, the ones who spread misery do it because they want the company... Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there’s no need to bash others’ opinions just because they don’t agree with something - and we all know that opinions are like assholes... everyone’s got one!
2020-6-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-24 04:32
whilst i agree disagreement and debate is human nature there are many members on this forum who enjoy getting a rise out of people with condescending sarcastic undertones! the whole point of a debate is to air your views then make conclusions! unfortunately conclusions never seem to be reached on this forum! just petty squabbling and name calling ! and it gets tedious,especially when your trying to find out information on a subject or gain the general consensus of the forums members. I only seem to come to the forum to watch the petulance that some members seem to propogate.

I think you’re wrong about nothing being solved or no correct information being given. In fact it’s much ignorance and unwillingness to listen that’s the problem. It has been clear that dji were never going to introduce AT to mini, in fact moderators came here and explained that because of the lack of OA this was not possible.
Information if not given on a bed of silk is classed as rude sarcastic and condescending, but those giving the information are continually giving out the same so they are giving a pragmatic view.
It’s pretty easy to work out the information given and with any savvy most people will and can understand.
And it’s then people like you who come along and try to stir up things instead of using common sense and reading posts people have answered for what they are.
2020-6-24
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-24 06:13
I think you’re wrong about nothing being solved or no correct information being given. In fact it’s much ignorance and unwillingness to listen that’s the problem. It has been clear that dji were never going to introduce AT to mini, in fact moderators came here and explained that because of the lack of OA this was not possible.
Information if not given on a bed of silk is classed as rude sarcastic and condescending, but those giving the information are continually giving out the same so they are giving a pragmatic view.
It’s pretty easy to work out the information given and with any savvy most people will and can understand.

...lol, indeed, any reply that doesn't kiss a** is an insult for the cry-babies and mum...why not make petition to make Mavic Air 2 at 249 grams at price of the mini...?
2020-6-24
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Greece

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-24 12:08
...lol, indeed, any reply that doesn't kiss a** is an insult for the cry-babies and mum...why not make petition to make Mavic Air 2 at 249 grams at price of the mini...?

I'll pay double the price for a mini if its going to be 249 grams and have mavic air 2 attributes without a question.. Don't care if it can handle wind or not.
Downvote? Cucks. Be a man and stand up for yourself and write instead of hating behind a mouse. Pathetic.
2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-25 05:02
I'll pay double the price for a mini if its going to be 249 grams and have mavic air 2 attributes without a question.. Don't care if it can handle wind or not.

...double price would be ludicrous for most cry-babies as they want most for free.

Salutations to beautiful Turkey...especially the women
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-24 06:13
Information if not given on a bed of silk is classed as rude sarcastic and condescending, but those giving the information are continually giving out the same so they are giving a pragmatic view.

Firstly want to say hallmark you come out and attacked me for no reason!

None of my coments where at any point directed at you.

I am not going to start wasting my life listening to someone who must have been beaten round the head as a child and still must be punch drunk!

This forum is full of keyboard warriors who degrade and abuse people like you do for no other apparent reason than for kicks.

Your name is synonymous on this forum for being a trouble causer and have laughed at most if not all of your responses on other threads. Once youve made a coment you to continue to change approach to delivering your answers and basically end up arguing with yourself whilst the other members stand back and laugh at you ya muppet !

And just to keep on topic i totally agree with the OP it would be nice to see active track on the mini although i doubt it will ever happen due the marketing strategy of the money making machine that is DJI.

i will end by saying its been a pleasure speaking with you as its people like you who compounds everything that i hate and is wrong with this world.

2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-25 02:41
It becomes tedious hashing out the same topic time & time again.  All you need do is a search to find this is the umpteenth iteration of this subject.  Between the repetitive appearance of this & the "why doesn't the Mini RTH at Sport mode speed" topics, it gets rather old.

Those who have chosen to opine have already drawn a conclusion.  Those on the fence can use the opinions provided to form their own.  The choices are simple.  Sign the petition for "Activetrack for the Mini, attempt #22" & pray, or wisely decide, "I want Activetrack so I should choose a model that includes the feature".

It becomes tedious listening to people complain about reading the same over and over again !

simply skim past it if you dont want to read it ! you are not forced to read threads or last i heard you could make a choice in what the user reads!

The thread was a genuine request for a feature and people, like they do on this forum dirty the water.

im bored of people saying its only achievable on a more expensive drone, making mavic mini pilots feel like they are not worthy!

I absolutely love my mini and happy with the results! THE END
2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 09:28
Firstly want to say hallmark you come out and attacked me for no reason!

None of my coments where at any point directed at you.

Alas only muppet here is you, you failed to read anything I wrote and this shows your ignorance, I have looked at many of your posts you really should go back and read them particularly those who decided to answer your posts and so many of believe you to be an idiot .

I never attacked you that’s your obvious ignorance to read what I and others wrote, your head is so far up your proverbial Arse it’s no wonder your reply is nothing but an attack on me. My job was to simply explain why AT would never come to mini, your ridiculous posts here and on most threads shows a permanent foot stuck in a very big mouth.
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-25 09:44
I am happy you love your Mini because it is what it is.  No need to feel inferior, mate.  She's a great little bird, but no Activetrack.

inferiority is not a word in my vocabulary and yes i love my mini ! great fun to fly ! i dont use active track either on my phantom 3 pro or my phantom 4 !
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-25 10:08
Alas only muppet here is you, you failed to read anything I wrote and this shows your ignorance, I have looked at many of your posts you really should go back and read them particularly those who decided to answer your posts and so many of believe you to be an idiot .

I never attacked you that’s your obvious ignorance to read what I and others wrote, your head is so far up your proverbial Arse it’s no wonder your reply is nothing but an attack on me. My job was to simply explain why AT would never come to mini, your ridiculous posts here and on most threads shows a permanent foot stuck in a very big mouth.

I read what you put and it was an attack ! and like ive always said cast the bait into the water and you will always get a dumb fish to bite ? guess who the dumb fish is? i will give you a clue his user name on the forum beggins with H, total loser
2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 11:24
I read what youy put and it was an attack ! and like ive always said cast the bait into the water and you will always get a dumb fish to bite ? guess who the dumb fish is? i will give you a clue his user name on the forum beggins with H, total loser

Me thinks the idiot needs to take note of his own Avatar and wonder why so many think of him as a fake fool .
2020-6-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Just to let you know: I am reporting every offensive comment in this and other topics, utterly appalled by the attitude of the usual suspects and some new addition.
You will probably get away with it but you will not get away UNNOTICED.
2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 11:20
inferiority is not a word in my vocabulary and yes i love my mini ! great fun to fly ! i dont use active track either on my phantom 3 pro or my phantom 4 !

Are your other birds registered...?
2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

m80116 Posted at 6-25 12:27
Just to let you know: I am reporting every offensive comment in this and other topics, utterly appalled by the attitude of the usual suspects and some new addition.

...oh no!...the "fresh captain" is upset...mamamia!

1000 push-ups for the bad dudes here...hop, hop. hop. hop...stronzo...pfttt
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-25 11:26
Me thinks the idiot needs to take note of his own Avatar and wonder why so many think of him as a fake fool .

come back and talk sense when you have a better grasp of the english language.

2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hallmark is nothing but a bully ! i dont like people who beat people down just because they have a different opinion! personal attack after attack, and thats because he has no concept of comunity spirit just shouts the loudest and the longest until people switch off !

Anyway hallmark give it a rest put your efforts into something constructive.
2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pushing the self destruct button again I see. There are plenty of posts around here with pretty obnoxious comments breaking the rules and a lot of them have come from you. It seems the poacher has become the gamekeeper......
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-25 13:09
Snitches get stitches!

Im really beggining to warm to you buddy !
2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 13:53
come back and talk sense when you have a better grasp of the english language.

There are many people on this forum who are not English, have some respect fool, if you would like to discuss this in my native language then we shall.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 13:58
Hallmark is nothing but a bully ! i dont like people who beat people down just because they have a different opinion! personal attack after attack, and thats because he has no concept of comunity spirit just shouts the loudest and the longest until people switch off !

Anyway hallmark give it a rest put your efforts into something constructive.

So you think it’s ok to call others muppets . If you want to dish it out then take it. I’m convinced you were weened of the tit to young .. LMAO.....
2020-6-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-25 13:09
Snitches get stitches!

Certainly not a scratch from you.
This is the kind of people you're supporting:

hallmark007 Posted:
"Me thinks the idiot needs to take note of his own Avatar and wonder why so many think of him as a fake fool ."
"those who decided to answer your posts and so many of believe you to be an idiot ."
" have some respect fool, if you would like to discuss this in my native language"

fans1cafe718 Posted:
"...hey D-Bird...this guy sh**ing with us hu...?"
"Salutations to beautiful Turkey...especially the women"
"...Am Canadian..I speak English...don't be detestable, you lil'squirt...slap,slap!! meh...."
"Hey Turkman...gimme update on Instanbul hu?"

Proud to be different to whom is pleased by the utter and complete mess that's turned down this thread.

2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

m80116 Posted at 6-25 16:27

hey, you proud stuped captain....u talk like idiot.....u shame us italians...
2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

....sei un cavololo...stronzo big time!
2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Of course you the complete dick posted what I said AFTER YOUR FRIEND CALLED ME A MUPPET, along with 3 other insulting comments. It was mockingbirdie that started throwing insults around, but your ignorance as usual has no bounds. There are none so blind as those who cannot see... you’re a bitter man because you have been made a fool of so many times around here, people spend their time laughing up their sleeve at the egotistical fool. Read the thread....
2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

...mom didn't breast feed you hu?

...she just liked u as a friend?

...all humans are made of protons and neutrons....but some have something extra called MORONS

2020-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Read it and realize that it was mockingbirdie who decided to throw personal insults around first. Or have you lost your b#lls again...... if you don't know what muppet is , it's a fool an idiot. Well let's see if you have any principals left now.

2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-6-25
Use props
djiuser_0sznpSoW5hVC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 314820 ft
Canada

I would absolutely love active track. That said I think it's super unlikely we get it
2020-6-25
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Greece

We have reached the 200 mark! Lets gooo. Any chance we'll be at 1k?
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules