Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ThalisGr Posted at 6-8 01:57
I didn't answer other posts here because I think we spamed a bit the original post.
I posted in a relevant topic though what I found...and according to latest proposal, existing Minis will be open category, legacy drones under 250grms...and yes you will have to register them from 2022 but that's all. Not online training, not online test and you will have some advandages over bigger drones, like flying over 'uninvolved' people.

Class C0 - (can be flown in all subcategories) Very small unmanned aircraft, including toys, that:
▪ are less than 250g maximum take-off mass
▪ have a maximum speed of 19m/s (approx. 42.5 mph)
▪ are unable to be flown more than 120m (400ft) from the controlling device

Reading your link, please look at the definition of a C0 class drone, specifically the last point... The Mavic Mini can be 'flown more than 400' from the controlling device' and is therefore NOT classed as a toy under the EASA regulations. These regs are also coming into effect from 01 November 2020. The transitional period for legacy drones ends on 01 July 2022. This means you WILL have to complete the DMARES process including the basic on line competency test and the need to register with the CAA if you fly a Mavic Mini in the UK in five months time. Please do not give out incorrect information on this forum about such an important issue. If people on here follow your 'advice' they could be fined £1,000...
2020-6-8
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

ThalisGr Posted at 6-7 01:35
In UK you don't have to register the Mini. And I am pretty sure in most European countries you don't have to do it as well

here in the netherlands you must register also (less than 250 gr with a camera)
2020-6-8
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-8 02:26
Class C0 - (can be flown in all subcategories) Very small unmanned aircraft, including toys, that:
▪ are less than 250g maximum take-off mass
▪ have a maximum speed of 19m/s (approx. 42.5 mph)

I wouldn't answer but you are very aggresive so I would say that I may not be a pilot but I can read a document, even if it is not in my native language.
If you agree that the document I linked to is correct and the last update then the Article 20 says very clear:

'Open category –provisions for certain UAS.  When the regulations were being drafted, it was clearly evident that it would take some time for manufacturers to be able to develop products that meet the standards set out in the new classes listed in the Delegated Regulation.  Equally, it was clear that there would still be a large number of unmanned aircraft on the market that would not be compliant with the new unmanned aircraft classes.  This Article sets out the boundaries within which these ‘legacy’ products can continue to be used within the Open category, as well as setting a three-year target for manufacturers, beyond which, only UAS types that are compliant with the new product standards can be introduced for sale on the EU ‘market’.  The key points are:

from1July2022onwards, only UAS products that are compliant with the class C0 to C4standards set out in the Delegated Regulation may be introduced for sale in the EU (placed on the market)for use in the Open category•
Legacy’ unmanned aircraft (those that do not hold a class marking and were placed on the market before 1July 2022) may be used indefinitely in the Open category:
•If less than 250g –within the subcategory A1(fly over people) limits listed in Part A of the Annex
•If less than 25kg –within the subcategory A3 limits (fly far from people) listed in Part A of the Annex

The Annex is the below and it is clear that the existing Minis will be A1-Legacy drones and the only obligation is to register them and read the User Manual before you fly them. So I suggest to read the proposed regulation before you get so aggresive and ignorant.

2020-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ThalisGr Posted at 6-8 05:41
I wouldn't answer but you are very aggresive so I would say that I may not be a pilot but I can read a document, even if it is not in my native language.
If you agree that the document I linked to is correct and the last update then the Article 20 says very clear:

I’m not getting involved, but just to correct something. Rules have been postponed until January 2021, so dates have changed regarding when drone becomes legacy , now 31st December 23.
2020-6-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ThalisGr Posted at 6-8 05:41

Lets keep the thread on topic as you say and I suggest you read the definition between toy and not a toy once again. BTW - being shown that you are giving out incorrect information in order for other members of the forum not to be misinformed and potentially fined is not aggressive - when you advise "and yes you will have to register them from 2022 but that's all" which is totally wrong. I'm pleased to see that given how long your reponse took that you have actually read the new regs now. May have been better if you did that in the first place rather just skim over it and give out misleading information. Stop being such a snowflake!
2020-6-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-8 08:16
I’m not getting involved, but just to correct something. Rules have been postponed until January 2021, so dates have changed regarding when drone becomes legacy , now 31st December 23.

Thats good to know mate - thanks for the update.
2020-6-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone else the info about the pending UK rules  could or should be split off into its own thread? It looks rather useful and important and might be seen by more people if it where not buried in a thread about a different subject?
2020-6-8
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-8 08:27
Lets keep the thread on topic as you say and I suggest you read the definition between toy and not a toy once again. BTW - being shown that you are giving out incorrect information in order for other members of the forum not to be misinformed and potentially fined is not aggressive - when you advise "and yes you will have to register them from 2022 but that's all" which is totally wrong. I'm pleased to see that given how long your reponse took that you have actually read the new regs now. May have been better if you did that in the first place rather just skim over it and give out misleading information. Stop being such a snowflake!

Well I am not the one with 7+ experience in flying drones who said, incorrectly, that Mini will be a C0 class drone (it will be a legacy drone) and 'this means you WILL have to complete the DMARES process including the basic on line competency test' which is totally incorrectly.
So despite your experience you gave a totally wrong information, either because you didn't read well the paper, you didn't understood it, or you did it in purpose which even worse than the other two options.
2020-6-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ThalisGr Posted at 6-8 13:21
Well I am not the one with 7+ experience in flying drones who said, incorrectly, that Mini will be a C0 class drone (it will be a legacy drone) and 'this means you WILL have to complete the DMARES process including the basic on line competency test' which is totally incorrectly.
So despite your experience you gave a totally wrong information, either because you didn't read well the paper, you didn't understood it, or you did it in purpose which even worse than the other two options.

Yes you are snowflake. You told everyone that they will not need to register their Mavic Mini until 2022 - the implications of that are far worse than anything I wrote... What I said is they need to take a test that a ten year old could pass - give a try - you never know! Now everyone knows they WILL need to register their Mavic Mini as soon as the EASA rules come into force - which is actually 01/01/21 now according to HM007 who's information I hold in far more regard than someone who bought a toy (though actually not really a toy), flew it around their garden 4 times and thinks they are the ultimately authority on drone regualtions because they copy, cut and paste an out of date document from a website that they didn't even read properly in the first place. Perhaps you should stick to clipping your Osmo on your knee and recording your commute to work - it's more interesting than reading your feeble attempts to dig yourself out of a hole.
2020-6-8
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Amazing how derailed this topic got. But gave me a few laughs. Cheers guys
2020-6-8
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

Uhmm.. Active Track for mini? Anyone?
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BoxedSoul. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best insights from our DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Mini with regards to this matter. I addition this request has been forwarded to our DJI R&D team for evaluation. Again, thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-6-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 22:23
Hello there BoxedSoul. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best insights from our DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Mini with regards to this matter. I addition this request has been forwarded to our DJI R&D team for evaluation. Again, thank you for your understanding and support.

In other words, there's no chance.
Why encourage them to keep asking about this ?
Why don't you tell them the truth and put them out of their misery?
Give them a dose of reality and tell them that the Mini doesn't have the necessary hardware and that feature isn't going to be coming.
2020-6-8
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

Labroides Posted at 6-8 22:57
In other words, there's no chance.
Why encourage them to keep asking about this ?
Why don't you tell them the truth and put them out of their misery?

"In other words, there's no chance."
How the hell do you get that conclusion out of that message. We have been talking about how its possible and how it can be made possible for all those posts. I dont believe you have even read any of them.

I really dont understand humankinds negativity towards development when it is obviously for "general progression".
But its yet so human.
We all want developers to give us this attribute.
Or maybe we want parallel tracking on the Mavic Air 2 to be ripped of because there are no OA side sensors!!!!???
No of course we dont want it ripped off...
We want Active track on the mini because we are responsible DJI end-users. And we know how to handle our active tracking.
Put a BIG RED warning saying "all the responsibility is on the user" and make them accept it and its over. Even make the warning pop up 3 times. I dont mind.
But this request is progression...
Dont avoid it, aid it.

2020-6-9
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

The argument of it "it can't have active track without obstacle avoidance" is an odd one.  Why not?  If i've taken it out, assessed my flight area and taken the drone above all obstacles such as trees, then what is the issue?  If someone tries to take it to a built up area and use it, then that is against the law anyway and any crashes, injuries or damaged property is the fault of the pilot and is on them legally.

Of course the other arguments of it not having the processing power and the marketing strategy are both valid ones.  But OA seems BS to me
2020-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-9 01:36
"In other words, there's no chance."
How the hell do you get that conclusion out of that message. We have been talking about how its possible and how it can be made possible for all those posts. I dont believe you have even read any of them.

How the hell do you get that conclusion out of that message.
Oh .. maybe having seen that canned "answer" a hundred times.
It's totally meaningless and is just to put you off.
We'll has been forwarded to our DJI R&D team for evaluation, is a polite way of saying your idea will be completely ignored and it won't go any further.
2020-6-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to agree with Labroides here. That particular response I've seen many, many times. It does seem to be a canned response. While I would love to see some form of active track come to the mini, I've been on this forum since the mini released and have asked for it myself. And during the 3/4 of a year time frame, have seen the response of the mini lacks the necessary hardware a few times, I'm now in a if it comes it comes kind of pattern, not holding my breath for it type of thing.
2020-6-9
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

Labroides Posted at 6-9 03:41
How the hell do you get that conclusion out of that message.
Oh .. maybe having seen that canned "answer" a hundred times.
It's totally meaningless and is just to put you off.

Yeah you are probably right. I've stated I'm totally new to this forum and I might lack some sense of responses from the mods/administrators when it comes to this one. Obviously you have spent more time than me on this forum so you have the better "know how".
Well to be honest if a long time user notices the "canned response" and tells the community that there is a dead end. Then DJI should really improve their connection with the community and improve a little bit of troubleshooting/feedback department (quality assurance) instead of marketing.
@jodyB I'm a total new user btw.
But changes usually happen with 1 spark( not the drone:') ). That's whats going on around the world nowadays huh?

And if there is an obvious rejection due to the matter of mavic mini's lack of ability @DJI Stephen, it would be very informative to hear it from a R&D department engineer.(with the reasons why ofc)Quick edit: Just check out the amount of likes and comments on just a random video.
And the Dji Community is just so beautiful look at all those positive vibes!
2020-6-9
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4300850 ft
Sweden

Look at this! The 13 of July. SDK is coming! Then we can get active track on Litchi.
Screenshot_20200610-092031_Samsung Internet.png
2020-6-9
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-9 04:45
Yeah you are probably right. I've stated I'm totally new to this forum and I might lack some sense of responses from the mods/administrators when it comes to this one. Obviously you have spent more time than me on this forum so you have the better "know how".
Well to be honest if a long time user notices the "canned response" and tells the community that there is a dead end. Then DJI should really improve their connection with the community and improve a little bit of troubleshooting/feedback department (quality assurance) instead of marketing.
@jodyB I'm a total new user btw.

But the admins give the "canned" response EVERYWHERE. Even on little features..

And that is what I mean.. Please, all you negative "not gonna happen" people. Why cant you just ignore such threads?
Why do you have to vote "no, I dont feature" only because "we know it will not come - therefore we vote no".

Just dont answer in such threads anymore, when all you have to say is anywhere always the same thing and you just do "posting counter++".
2020-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thE29 Posted at 6-10 00:15
But the admins give the "canned" response EVERYWHERE. Even on little features..

And that is what I mean.. Please, all you negative "not gonna happen" people. Why cant you just ignore such threads?

Go read OP, it asks the question , so actually people being polite in answering it .
2020-6-10
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

So what was this topic about again?
2020-6-10
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-10 03:19

We all know what is the topic here, but there are some 'Captains' in the forum who believe that here it is like in the army....older and more experience people are always correct while, newer members cannot have an opinion without be taunted.
Further more, most of these people, for some reason, they don't like the Mini and sadly don't keep their opinion from themselves. They like to come here and just make rude and unpolite comments.
Also according to some of them it is definitely totally out of order to ask for more futures, because apparently you have to pay more in order to have them.
So the topic is  'Petition to bring Active Track to the Mini' but obviously some cannot even stand it as topic :-)
2020-6-10
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-10 03:19

Another user crying because they can't afford the DJI drone with more features.
2020-6-10
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

Deucalion Posted at 6-10 09:56

For me it's not about money, I'd pay more for the mini with active track but with the same size and weight. I travel on my motorcycle and the weight and size helps me allot and I don't need to register the drone.
So while you just blame people for being poor just get out of your tiny rich box and think like a human not like a "oh you poor homeless, get a f-ing house"
2020-6-10
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Just FYI for what I could see the active tracking part of the QuickShots is entirely relying on the Fly app run by the Mobile Device. Should the MM lack any dedicated hardware it could still be driven entirely from the Fly app, which I believe already happens for the QuickShots. I also believe some of the problems that users are experiencing with the QuickShots could be (mobile) device specific and not coming from the Fly app.
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_PkzBAqJgpd67
lvl.1
Canada

I would love active track in my mini.  Right now just using quick shot will slowly moving on my motorcycle or walking.  Meh does the job ok
2020-6-10
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

This are just close ups, I need it to stay at 50 meters high and follow me on scenery roads like Transalpina, Transfăgărășan, Stelvio, etc. You know what I mean.
2020-6-10
Use props
WayneSnr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27536 ft
United Kingdom

Would have been nice but without sensors I doubt i would have used it. Mavic Mini ( My Maisie )  is my first drone .
2020-6-10
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

It’s definitely NOT about “crying because they can’t afford the DJI drone with more features.” It IS about having a sub 250gram weight class drone that you don’t need a pilot certificate to fly it or have to register with government agencies (at least in Canada) that has some sort of tracking feature other than just in quick shots... many Mavic Mini buyers are brand new to the drone scene, and don’t want to invest more money in a more advanced drone, not to mention the registration and licensing requirements, just to find out they don’t like the drone hobby/profession... so go fly your more expensive DJI drone with more features somewhere else - your negative comments are not needed here.
2020-6-10
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Do not fall into their trap, these types of comments only denote the lack of knowledge of a TROLL. Don't play the game of provication, you will be bored when everyone ignores you.
2020-6-10
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Active track by app in Tello drone works very nice. Just cam. No sensors.
2020-6-10
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

MARTINEZX Posted at 6-10 13:44
Active track by app in Tello drone works very nice. Just cam. No sensors.

I had an enlightenment.(told you had no exp in drone coding) Of course The computing doesn't even happen on the mini. It happens on the phone. So the active track might be as successful as much as how powerful your phone is. Thats what up on the active track on the tello.
TELLO HAS ACTIVE TRACK HELLO?

Thank you for this post btw @martinezx <3
And it works like a charm too right?
I'd link a vid but I'll leave the haters to search for it ;)
2020-6-10
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

...yawn
2020-6-11
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ThalisGr Posted at 6-10 09:49
We all know what is the topic here, but there are some 'Captains' in the forum who believe that here it is like in the army....older and more experience people are always correct while, newer members cannot have an opinion without be taunted.
Further more, most of these people, for some reason, they don't like the Mini and sadly don't keep their opinion from themselves. They like to come here and just make rude and unpolite comments.
Also according to some of them it is definitely totally out of order to ask for more futures, because apparently you have to pay more in order to have them.

If i knew what the topic is i wouldnt be asking would i !

As with every other topic on this forum the actual question and the answer gets lost in static bulls**t.

I have a mini and fly it usually without issue and arguable get some good footage.

I agree there is nothing wrong with asking the questions but one thing you will notice on this forum

people will always weigh in with the same old cr@p that the mini is the basic of all basics blah blah.

Just becuase people have an opinion it doesnt meen you have to listen to them !

but if you are giving out wrong information there will always be at least 3 people on this forum who

will delight pulling you over the coals to cause an argument ! Not naming names !

I for one would love to see the mini supporting active track and raw but im quite happy to wait for the

litchi app to deliver various software enhancements!
2020-6-11
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I dont cry not over drones ! you are yet another one of the look at me briggade ive got a £2000 drone becuase it makes me feel good ! get over yourself, and for your information i bought the mini because i didnt want to take my phantom out ! i wouldnt want to scare you with my bank balance ! obviously your not  dealing with a full deck of cards ! i can add you to the get f****d list
2020-6-11
Use props
Alex Chivu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 865420 ft
Romania

You can make a quickshoot without sensors! Why you cannot use activetrack? It's the same thing. It is the pilot's duty to be careful . Here Dji  its making a marketing job. Its like 4k camera, the Mini camera is capable of 4k but they limit at 2.7. They need to understand that in this way they will lose customers, they will not win them. New companies have come on the drone market and at the slightest imbalance, we, the customers will go for an alternative!
2020-6-11
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-11 14:09
I do not understand why people buy a drone that lacks a "must have" feature they insist they need, then clamoring for the feature to be retroactively added?  If you had to have Active Track, or immediate access to Waypoint flight, then the Mini was a bad choice.  

Purchase a model that includes the features you desire!

Dude, first of all, I am not targeting you directly here, but everyone saying “buy the drone with those features then” is completely  missing the point here... it’s not about “another user crying because they can’t afford the DJI drone with more features.” It’s about people who buy the mini because it is small, compact and you can take it anywhere, that and the fact in many countries, you do NOT need to register it, nor do you need a special pilot certificate to fly it...

When the mini first came out, it did not have 24fps frame rates, it did not have manual control of video settings like shutter speed and ISO, and what, 2 or 3 firmware updates later what happened?? We got 24fps for both 2.7K and 1080p video modes, and they gave us manual video exposure control!!

They have tracking in quick shots, so they have the ability to “unlock” tracking for normal flight... Hell, I don’t care if we don’t get FULL Active Track 2.0 or 3.0, just some sort of tracking where I can select an object and keep it positioned in frame where I want it while I move the mini around that object.

People need to stop with the “If you want those features, buy a drone that has it” comments - many of us have our reasons for buying the mini, and we don’t care about your Mavic 2 Pro, Inspire 2, or whatever $10,000 drone you have... give it a rest already...
2020-6-11
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This topic still going? DJI already said no. Case closed. You're flogging a dead horse.
2020-6-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

22340179 Posted at 6-11 15:34
This topic still going? DJI already said no. Case closed. You're flogging a dead horse.

Correct, the trouble is, they are too dense to realise that.
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules