Petition to bring some sort of (Active) Tracking to the Mini
20530 506 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-3 13:28
I have seen those drones you talk about, they are basically toys and AT is as useless as tits on a fish.

You say that pilots prudence should be safety enough. But I wonder the world we live in if one was to use AT for Running , if user was to suddenly stop, and craft kept coming hitting him on the back of the head, I can see many saying this is not safe and wanting to sue the manufacturer, particularly if using this to track for instance children in bicycles etc.

And what exactly prevent the Mini from hitting someone when flying around? your argument does not make any sense. If it did, they would not have produced a drone without obstacle avoidance. And if a Mini would hit someone behind the head, it would not kill anyway, would probably not even hurt. I cought my finger in the propeller, it did not even hurt that much, no blood anyway.
2020-6-12
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-12 18:04
And what exactly prevent the Mini from hitting someone when flying around? your argument does not make any sense. If it did, they would not have produced a drone without obstacle avoidance. And if a Mini would hit someone behind the head, it would not kill anyway, would probably not even hurt. I cought my finger in the propeller, it did not even hurt that much, no blood anyway.

...tu es fckn irresponsable...niaiseuse...pfft...crisss
2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-12 11:31
I’m sorry, but how does NOT registering it BLOCK you from ever flying in lots of places?? I don’t think the DJI Fly app is connected to, or communicating with government agencies and require you to have the mini registered to be able to fly somewhere.

I am in Canada and close to an international airport and I can still fly it here. I get warnings that I am near a large airport in the Fly App, and only have to check the box that says I assume full responsibility for my actions. It will also tell me that there is an altitude restriction of 200 feet, or something in that range depending on where I am - and regardless of what my maximum altitude is set at in the app, it physically will NOT let me fly any higher than the altitude it stated in the warning. I did have one situation that required to request a zone unlock, and that also did NOT block me from flying either. I generally don’t fly much higher than 100 feet, and usually not more than 50 feet away from me, and I always maintain VLOS or have someone maintain VLOS at all times.

strange, I did not get the altitude warning of 200 feet and I live near an airport as well. I will check next time, although I never fly higher than 150 feet near the airport. I did get a warning to fly with caution in the zone.
2020-6-12
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-12 18:33
strange, I did not get the altitude warning of 200 feet and I live near an airport as well. I will check next time, although I never fly higher than 150 feet near the airport. I did get a warning to fly with caution in the zone.

st-hubert...watch toué
2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-12 19:00
st-hubert...watch toué

OK that's it, I am following this message and filing an official report to the police. It is not legal to threaten someone, you will regret this big time. You hope you have hidden your IP! they will trace you for sure.
2020-6-12
Use props
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 401545 ft
Guatemala

I think it's a bit silly to buy a drone that's worth twice as much as a mini just for a feature that doesn't cost anything to introduce DJI.

For those of you who cry "The mavic mini doesn't have sensors, it can't have ActiveTrack", excuse me, but people who want that already know it perfectly well, when they bought the drone I was more than informed that it didn't have sensors.

Apart from the fact that ActiveTrack will not necessarily be used in places with obstacles, there are people who would like to be in a free field and have the drone follow them, I think so and I would really love it. It is ridiculous that DJI wants to force us to buy a more expensive drone for such a function, the Mavic Air 2 is set for another public, photographers in particular.

The Mavic Mini is designed for the public that travels and likes to fly with the drone and I think that this function would be the most ideal drone to travel, remember that it weighs 249g and with a Mavic Air 2 you could not take it anywhere.

2020-6-12
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

DroneroGT Posted at 6-12 22:46
I think it's a bit silly to buy a drone that's worth twice as much as a mini just for a feature that doesn't cost anything to introduce DJI.

For those of you who cry "The mavic mini doesn't have sensors, it can't have ActiveTrack", excuse me, but people who want that already know it perfectly well, when they bought the drone I was more than informed that it didn't have sensors.

Completely in accordance with your thinking. I think the same, from point to point.
2020-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Daniella3d Posted at 6-12 18:04

It’s difficult to answer a post that makes very little sense. And also does not refer in anyway to what I wrote.
I will answer your question, but you need to be a bit more clear in your question.
2020-6-13
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 04:25
It’s difficult to answer a post that makes very little sense. And also does not refer in anyway to what I wrote.
I will answer your question, but you need to be a bit more clear in your question.

...hey Hall...she's a lady and flusters easy...trust me...lol

...go easy bud
2020-6-13
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 04:25

I was refering to your comment about the argument that the AT is not being safe because there is no obstacle avoidance, but the drone itself is not safe then, because it does not have obstacle avoidance. It could hit a kid or anything. It does not make sense to stop the AT because of that. Of course the drone could hit someone if the person stop and the drone does not, but you don't need AT for that, it can happen already. Nobody's been killed so far, nor wounded.

Here in Canada we can fly this tiny drone anywhere except in National parks (all drones are forbidden). I have no restriction to fly it around airports, as long as I do not endanger manned aircraft or people, that's all, nothing else. The app let me fly around the airport and in class C controlled airspace and I don't even need a permit to do so. Yes, seem things are a lot different here than in your area.

AT on the mini would not be less safe than flying the drone anyway. If DJI would be afraid of law suit because it hit someone, they would not have produce a drone without obstacle avoidance, especially one that is intended for beginners. When using the flight presets, there is a warning about making sure there is no obstacle and the area is clear. AT could be the same. There is no more danger to kids in bicycle than in any other situations.

'' if user was to suddenly stop, and craft kept coming hitting him on the back of the head, I can see many saying this is not safe and wanting to sue the manufacturer, particularly if using this to track for instance children in bicycles etc.''

2020-6-13
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-13 06:08
I was refering to your comment about the argument that the AT is not being safe because there is no obstacle avoidance, but the drone itself is not safe then, because it does not have obstacle avoidance. It could hit a kid or anything. It does not make sense to stop the AT because of that. Of course the drone could hit someone if the person stop and the drone does not, but you don't need AT for that, it can happen already. Nobody's been killed so far, nor wounded.

Here in Canada we can fly this tiny drone anywhere except in National parks (all drones are forbidden). I have no restriction to fly it around airports, as long as I do not endanger manned aircraft or people, that's all, nothing else. The app let me fly around the airport and in class C controlled airspace and I don't even need a permit to do so. Yes, seem things are a lot different here than in your area.

I don't think you can fly around airports as you wish miss....be careful what you are implying....do some homework before something happens...or best, study a bit and get licence so you kniow more...you are smart...it's easy for you...and plz, no be offended.
2020-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Daniella3d Posted at 6-13 06:08

When in AT the drone flys no longer under the control of operator, when normally flying the operator is in control and responsible so you hit a kid your fault , if you check your safety manual you would have read this.
I have enough savvy to realize where dji are coming from and I expect others to have some common sense here, but it seems common sense is not very common on this forum lol.

I think you will be well aware of compensation culture particularly among Americans , this is fact not a slur on Americans. But it wouldn’t take much for a user to try out AT it hits them or somebody in the back of the head, they then sue dji quoting that dji beginner drone is the only dji drone with AT and no OA. And they would have a good case, on the other hand flying normally operator accepts responsibility for flying his drone and remains the person in charge and the one who would get sued if he causes an accident to person or property.

This is not difficult to understand, but either people are stupid or taking the Pi#s, I hope it’s the latter as it’s difficult to take that grown up men couldn’t grasp this.
2020-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneroGT Posted at 6-12 22:46

If the drone hit you in the back of the head or took your eye out. Would you not feel like suing dji for allowing AT on a drone without OA ?
2020-6-13
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

Is this still going on, MINI aint got OA your not gonna get active track, give up on it already, pays your money for a better drone with more features if you really must have them and not one that blows away if you sneeze in front of it.
2020-6-13
Use props
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Guatemala

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 09:04
If the drone hit you in the back of the head or took your eye out. Would you not feel like suing dji for allowing AT on a drone without OA ?

Let's see, to begin with, I wouldn't use ActiveTrack with people next to me (even if I had sensors), it's a very stupid idea to use ActiveTrack with people close to me. Besides, ActiveTrack keeps distance from the target, that is, because it would get close and take out my eye? the truth is that if the drone damages me or something like that, it's my responsibility, because I don't know what you would imagine if you put ActiveTrack on the mini to have those ridiculous thoughts.

I can see that your comment is pure ridiculous and defending DJI to excuse himself from that and not put ActiveTrack, for more the third party put ActiveTrack and that is a drone without GPS and without sensors and it works better and is much cheaper than the Mavic Mini.
2020-6-13
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 09:04
If the drone hit you in the back of the head or took your eye out. Would you not feel like suing dji for allowing AT on a drone without OA ?

When you ram over a person while driving a truck, in the blind spot(right under the front window lets say).. Do you sue Scania? Or do you sue the person? Do you sue Scania for not putting a front mirror? Have you ever seen someone sue Scania for not putting sensors in front? oh I've done my research in google btw and exactly for this specific example.
If its not constitutionalized or made as a law(lets say Drones without OA cannot take off, ore cannot have an automatized flying system adapted), then you have a point.
But whatever else happens is on the end-users responsibility.
2020-6-13
Use props
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Guatemala

raven swe Posted at 6-13 10:22
Is this still going on, MINI aint got OA your not gonna get active track, give up on it already, pays your money for a better drone with more features if you really must have them and not one that blows away if you sneeze in front of it.

Well you're going to give me the money to buy a more expensive drone? because if so I'll gladly switch to another generation drone.

UNDERSTAND! A more expensive drone you can not fly anywhere and even if you register it you do not have the same potability of the mini, so hard to understand? I really think it's ridiculous to pay expensive only for ActiveTrack, all cheap drones have it and really DJI will lose with the Mini. almost all drones at the same price of the mini has that and what do you think? They don't have sensors either and I don't see the drama here of what takes their eyes out or hurts them.
2020-6-13
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Is this still going on, MINI aint got OA your not gonna get active track, give up on it already, pays your money for a better drone with more features if you really must have them and not one that blows away if you sneeze in front of it.

Hmm, I can do a Circle Quick Shot at 3 feet off the ground with no obstacle avoidance - do the Quick Shots not use Active Track??

If DJI had made the mini with Active Track at a higher price than without AT, I would have bought the one with AT - in many countries, you do NOT need to register the drone, nor require a permit to fly it, that and, as many have said already, it’s size and portability for travel, it is more of the issue of the weight class it falls under. And if DJI had made the mini with Active Track from the start on the mini, we wouldn’t be having this discussion of “it doesn’t have OA, so it cant have AT”, yet it already does - kind of - just for Quick Shots.
2020-6-13
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

Is this still going on, MINI aint got OA your not gonna get active track, give up on it already, pays your money for a better drone with more features if you really must have them and not one that blows away if you sneeze in front of it.

For everyperson who doesnt read the whole topic and jumps on the conclusion saying "Bruuh pay mooree for that feature.." . I'm gonna start a list and hashtag it
#Drumb
and I'm gonna make a list of people who are #drumb
Not gonna start with you.. Gonna give you a chance to make it up for your assumption..
2020-6-13
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-13 07:33
I don't think you can fly around airports as you wish miss....be careful what you are implying....do some homework before something happens...or best, study a bit and get licence so you kniow more...you are smart...it's easy for you...and plz, no be offended.

I think Daniella3d meant that you can still fly “NEAR” airports, I don’t think she was implying that she can “BUZZ” the tower... I live within 7 km of an airport, and under a direct flight path, and I can still take off and fly - I get a warning that I am close to a large airport and that I am in a restricted altitude (max 200 feet) zone - but I CAN still take off after checking a box that says I assume full responsibility for my actions - and I have tested, and confirmed that I do in fact cap out at the stated altitude restriction. Sometimes, I will get a NFZ warning that I can still request to UNlock that zone (without being registered with my government agency) and get that unlock and now fly - had it happen the other day, and within seconds I was unlocked and flying.
2020-6-13
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-12 11:46
Your NFZ are exactly the same as mine, so no difference and open flying is again exactly the same as mine.
But as a commercial Registered pilot I can request to fly in NFZ including controlled airspace where no drones will be allowed fly without registration.

Yes, I understand that, but I have not registered my drone with Transport Canada, as I am NOT required to, and I have encountered only ONCE a zone that required me to request to unlock that zone, and I was able to unlock it without being registered. So, here in Canada (at least), being registered does not give you any more special privileges than not being registered - at least for Mini owners...
2020-6-13
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

And a quick question by the way. Maybe the old fellas or the ex engineers might know this if there are any. Is there any way to change the obstacle avoidance sensor under the mavic mini, by modding/implementing a fresnel lens to make it a 360 proximity sensor?(so lets say whatever comes towards the drone in the proximity of 1 meter it will start to rise automatically) Has anyone thought about this? Imagine having a small black dome under the mini? Is it theoretically possible?
2020-6-13
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-13 10:51
I think Daniella3d meant that you can still fly “NEAR” airports, I don’t think she was implying that she can “BUZZ” the tower... I live within 7 km of an airport, and under a direct flight path, and I can still take off and fly - I get a warning that I am close to a large airport and that I am in a restricted altitude (max 200 feet) zone - but I CAN still take off after checking a box that says I assume full responsibility for my actions - and I have tested, and confirmed that I do in fact cap out at the stated altitude restriction. Sometimes, I will get a NFZ warning that I can still request to UNlock that zone (without being registered with my government agency) and get that unlock and now fly - had it happen the other day, and within seconds I was unlocked and flying.

Of course not, you cannot go anywhere that would endanger any manned aircraft. I thought that was clear as I mentionned it. You can however, go at less than 5km or 3 nautical miles from the airport. YOu can fly your drone near the airport, as long as you do not endanger the air traffic. YOu can fly your drone in controlled airspace without special autorisation or license.

2020-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-13 11:15
And a quick question by the way. Maybe the old fellas or the ex engineers might know this if there are any. Is there any way to change the obstacle avoidance sensor under the mavic mini, by modding/implementing a fresnel lens to make it a 360 proximity sensor?(so lets say whatever comes towards the drone in the proximity of 1 meter it will start to rise automatically) Has anyone thought about this? Imagine having a small black dome under the mini? Is it theoretically possible?

I think those who are that way inclined to modding could, but they will still be depending on dji to implement AT , which is probably likely to happen on the 30th of February. ;+)::::::

2020-6-13
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-13 12:21
Of course not, you cannot go anywhere that would endanger any manned aircraft. I thought that was clear as I mentionned it. You can however, go at less than 5km or 3 nautical miles from the airport. YOu can fly your drone right beside the airport, as long as you do not endanger the air traffic. YOu can fly your drone in controlled airspace without special autorisation or license.

Well, I wouldn’t go as far as to say “You can fly your drone in controlled airspace without special authorization” you probably will get a “Request an unlock for this zone” message on the DJI Fly App - oh, and although you could “potentially” fly beside an airport, as soon as someone spots it, you WILL get a cease and desist order from airport authorities, and maybe even detained for hours as it could be construed as “terrorist” activity. You will get hassled for just having a camera to take pictures of the planes taking off or landing at many large airports...

And, as hallmark007 said, absolutely, the DJI NFZ zones are the same for everyone - they are loaded into the DJI Fly app... it just depends on how many NFZ’s are in your area/country, and whether or not your country “allows” you to unlock them - so far, I haven’t had any issues being able to fly somewhere...
2020-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Daniella3d Posted at 6-13 12:21
Of course not, you cannot go anywhere that would endanger any manned aircraft. I thought that was clear as I mentionned it. You can however, go at less than 5km or 3 nautical miles from the airport. YOu can fly your drone near the airport, as long as you do not endanger the air traffic. YOu can fly your drone in controlled airspace without special autorisation or license.

Controlled Airspace is measured from ground up for all major Airports all around the world. I’m certain you would not be allowed arrive at Toronto Pearson and launch your drone. I think you might be talking about uncontrolled Airspace or small airports.
2020-6-13
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 12:35
Controlled Airspace is measured from ground up for all major Airports all around the world. I’m certain you would not be allowed arrive at Toronto Pearson and launch your drone. I think you might be talking about uncontrolled Airspace or small airports.

no, I am refering to controlled airspace. I live in a class C controlled airspace. That is 5 km around the airport. Of course it is not permitted to fly directly on the airport ground, that would be dangerous to the airtraffic and it is not permitted. It is however permitted to fly a 249gr drone within the 5km without permit, as long as you do not endanger the air traffic or people.  that's it, and it's common sense. No one is allowed to fly a drone in a way that can endanger the air traffic, no matter what size. You can fly the Mavic Mini at 1km from the airport, but you cannot fly the Mavic Air at the same place without having a special permit.

https://blog.navcanada.ca/new-ru ... a-8-things-to-know/

Pilots of micro drones (under 250 grams) do not require certificates and registration but must fly in a way that does not endanger the safety of other aircraft or people.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services ... n.html#micro-drones

Micro drones (under 250 grams) and drones that weigh more than 25 kilograms                  
Micro drones (under 250 grams) and drones that weigh more than 25 kilograms do not fall into the basic or advanced operations categories. If you have a micro drone, you must never put people or aircraft in danger. Always fly responsibly.

And here in that thread someone posted the official response from the autority.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-201250-1-1.html

2020-6-13
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-13 12:30
Well, I wouldn’t go as far as to say “You can fly your drone in controlled airspace without special authorization” you probably will get a “Request an unlock for this zone” message on the DJI Fly App - oh, and although you could “potentially” fly beside an airport, as soon as someone spots it, you WILL get a cease and desist order from airport authorities, and maybe even detained for hours as it could be construed as “terrorist” activity. You will get hassled for just having a camera to take pictures of the planes taking off or landing at many large airports...

And, as hallmark007 said, absolutely, the DJI NFZ zones are the same for everyone - they are loaded into the DJI Fly app... it just depends on how many NFZ’s are in your area/country, and whether or not your country “allows” you to unlock them - so far, I haven’t had any issues being able to fly somewhere...

It would be dangerous to fly that close to an airport. But at 1km, with a micro drone, it would not trigger any alert. sure if people start to go fly over airport with their micro drones, they will get into trouble, but if I want to photograph my house that is within the controlled airspace, I can do so legally as micro drones are not regulated. But, and this is important, you must never endanger any aircraft.

I do get a warning from the DJI app that I am in controlled airspace, but I just check it and click OK.

someone in the forum contacted the autorities to as a clear answer and this is the response:

2020-6-13
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 12:29
I think those who are that way inclined to modding could, but they will still be depending on dji to implement AT , which is probably likely to happen on the 30th of February. ;+)::::::

I can wink back totally.;)) But I hope that was not a teaser for what I think
Are you saying what I'm thinking @hallmark?
Why the date : )
2020-6-13
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Careful everyone, Hallmark won't listen to any of you and will start to call you all ridiculous and come up with some name like the "Pron Sandwich Brigade" because you guy's in your opinion want something that in no way affects him.
2020-6-13
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-12 04:27
boohoo...boohoo...boohoo...cry baby...cry

Wow , how are you still allowed on this forum . Calling people names and insulting them just shows your intelligence. Another insult from you and it goes to administration..
2020-6-13
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-12 04:27
boohoo...boohoo...boohoo...cry baby...cry

Keep the insults and name calling up and you will be reported to admin. Not sure why you are even allowed to be on this forum, seems like you’re very good at insults.
2020-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-13 13:25
Careful everyone, Hallmark won't listen to any of you and will start to call you all ridiculous and come up with some name like the "Pron Sandwich Brigade" because you guy's in your opinion want something that in no way affects him.

I would have thought you’d be to busy jumping up and down on your mini props to be putting your foot in your mouth all the time.
2020-6-13
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-13 14:19
I would have thought you’d be to busy jumping up and down on your mini props to be putting your foot in your mouth all the time.

I thought it was spending to much time flying in the kitchen? I mean I have flown nearly 100 miles in just my kitchen, I seen these poor users getting caught up in your bull and felt like warning them so maybe they don't make the same mistake I did and humoring you.

I support everyone who wants Active Track, I personally don't need it but if you guy's want it I don't see any reason why you can't ask. Unfortunately I've been around this forum long enough to know when a thread has ran it's course, @op I'd ask to have it closed, it's only going to get worse from here.
2020-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-13 15:16
I thought it was spending to much time flying in the kitchen? I mean I have flown nearly 100 miles in just my kitchen, I seen these poor users getting caught up in your bull and felt like warning them so maybe they don't make the same mistake I did and humoring you.

I support everyone who wants Active Track, I personally don't need it but if you guy's want it I don't see any reason why you can't ask. Unfortunately I've been around this forum long enough to know when a thread has ran it's course, @op I'd ask to have it closed, it's only going to get worse from here.

That’s true, mainly because of people like you who come along and try to take it off topic. I certainly think in the kitchen you might be able to work with what’s already there to get yourself AT.
2020-6-13
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-13 13:21
I can wink back totally.;)) But I hope that was not a teaser for what I think
Are you saying what I'm thinking @hallmark?
Why the date : )

Think about this for a second Floki... there’s only 28 days in February, except for leap year which has 29...
2020-6-13
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-13 17:37
Think about this for a second Floki... there’s only 28 days in February, except for leap year which has 29...

The moment you think something positive is going to come out of the opposition... (sigh)

Edit RE:

2020-6-13
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-13 17:47
The moment you think something positive is going to come out of the opposition... (sigh)

Edit RE:

Oh, and to those who say you can’t have active tracking without obstacle avoidance - I just watched a review on the Fimi X8SE which has active tracking, and guess what?? It does NOT have any obstacle avoidance at all!! Just an ultrasonic sensor and an optical flow sensor on the bottom... that’s it.
2020-6-13
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-13 18:09
Oh, and to those who say you can’t have active tracking without obstacle avoidance - I just watched a review on the Fimi X8SE which has active tracking, and guess what?? It does NOT have any obstacle avoidance at all!! Just an ultrasonic sensor and an optical flow sensor on the bottom... that’s it.

And you guys want to know why we didn't buy it even it was relatively cheap? Because it weighs 765GRAMS! On the other hand our "one and only beautiful mavic mini" weighs 249grams <3. And let me give you a secret psstt... The mini is capable of active track.. Dont tell anyone..

2020-6-13
Use props
9to5Voyager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7064364 ft
United States

22340179 Posted at 6-2 17:40
My advice is if it is a feature you want then you should probably buy a drone that supports it. Even if they added it to the mini it wouldn't be very good and solely software based. There are no forward sensors on the mini.

If we could afford such a product, don't you think we would've bought it already?
2020-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules