Petition to bring some sort of (Active) Tracking to the Mini
20624 506 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans899eb0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75108 ft
United States

If you can set RTH to safely avoid obstacles why couldn't one do the same with a follow mode?  I'd like a follow mode for tracking my jeep offroad on trails.  
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans899eb0d6 Posted at 6-5 10:46
If you can set RTH to safely avoid obstacles why couldn't one do the same with a follow mode?  I'd like a follow mode for tracking my jeep offroad on trails.

You can in most dji drones, but you need RC to form the signal, it’s not an aircraft automatic mode, so can this be done in mini I don’t think so.
2020-6-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 10:20
Again your as thick as two planks, set your RTH higher than all obstacles, what makes you think that the flagpole is not going to be an obstacle, any thing in your flying environment particularly obstacles of height should be considered before flying.
I’m amazed that you have such little grasp of this. Again read what I’ve said about preparing to fly . And you’ll discover he can go around any obstacle under any obstacle and they won’t effect his Rth once he has set parameters correctly, this includes ALL FLAGPOLES....
[view_image]

Listen, I've had time to think about this and have another way to word it that you should be able to understand.

It's all about the Users Responsibility, It's the user who is responsible for setting the RTH high enough to clear any/and all obstacles.

That's really simple and what I and yourself have been saying but without having to be rude.

My counter point and what you keep missing is, The user could set the RTH correctly but nothing changes the fact it returns in a Straight Line. So if the user fly's behind something taller then his RTH that was his responsibility beforehand to set a correct RTH height, and again it's his responsibility to NOT fly around an obstacles that could hinder the operation of RTH.

Nothing you said was wrong in the operation of RTH, but if the user fly's around something and doesn't have RTH correctly set it will Collide with that object because as we've repeated a thousand times in this thread The Mavic Mini does not have obstacle avoidance sensors.
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-5 11:26
Listen, I've had time to think about this and have another way to word it that you should be able to understand.

It's all about the Users Responsibility, It's the user who is responsible for setting the RTH high enough to clear any/and all obstacles.

First you started with the rude, so maybe dont dish it if you can’t take it. And all of dji drones can fly behind buildings without OA whether in sport mode or turned off. But none of this is relative to the use of  AT in dji drones. It’s a simple fact AT was never used on a dji drone without OA, and it never will. It’s not about whether it can , it’s about safety, dji are not going to change policy for no gain and the risk of causing damage to persons or property. So this thread is really a waste of time and energy would be far better spent on something that might come along as there are at least 3 other threads on this matter.
I think you will also see when sdk is released that litchi will also ignore pleas to implement AT because I’m certain they also see this as a safety issue.
Another thing I see is mini continually getting compared to Spark. Spark was a different craft better in so many ways but now lacking in new tech, it retailed almost twice the price of a mini in Europe €699 with RC and that was not combo.
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_7iIsuVxgsYwy
New
Flight distance : 118927 ft
United Kingdom

This needs to be included... I was very disappointed. Mine may go back. Hugely disappointed.
2020-6-5
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

djiuser_7iIsuVxgsYwy Posted at 6-5 12:44
This needs to be included... I was very disappointed. Mine may go back. Hugely disappointed.

The Mavic Mini is probably one of the best drones under 250grams that you can buy, and what you get for that price is still pretty impressive...  No registration with government authorities, no special pilot certificate needed, can practically fly anywhere that allows drones, and even some areas that don’t - in Canada, you only really have to abide by this law: 900.06 No person shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system in such a reckless or negligent manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger aviation safety or the safety of any person. With that in mind, you can even fly at “advertised” events as long as you respect that law, and have permission to fly... Jump up to the Mavic Air 2 and you now have a lot more restrictions on what you can do...
2020-6-5
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

A J Posted at 6-5 00:57
The Phantom 3 Advanced NEVER had active tracking. It had 'follow me' where the remote and the drone would tether and the drone would follow the remote being carried for as long as the connection remained. Which is why you had to hold the remote whilst being followed by the drone and it was very unreliable and a gimmick.

Active Track is a totally separate intelligent flight mode which was first introduced on the original Phantom 4 and replaced follow me which is now an obsolete flight mode not used on any of the drones today and for good reason. The fact you even think follow me and active track are the same thing shows you have no understanding of what is required for active track to actually work. How can you state that something is VIABLE AND NECESSARY when 1. you have never bought a drone that actually has it and 2. you clearly do not even know what it is and what hardware is required for it to function...
I will not bother or answer him ...
It is true that in DJI GO there is no this mode of flight, you are right. I don't use that app. Perhaps I had to clarify this point, but it is true that it is possible and works quite well. Above all, I did not intend to offend (that there are those who take it, it seems their life is going away) but I do not write to write, I lean on my own experience with my beloved P3.
Sorry if the English translation is not very correct.
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-5 13:01
The Mavic Mini is probably one of the best drones under 250grams that you can buy, and what you get for that price is still pretty impressive...  No registration with government authorities, no special pilot certificate needed, can practically fly anywhere that allows drones, and even some areas that don’t - in Canada, you only really have to abide by this law: 900.06 No person shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system in such a reckless or negligent manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger aviation safety or the safety of any person. With that in mind, you can even fly at “advertised” events as long as you respect that law, and have permission to fly... Jump up to the Mavic Air 2 and you now have a lot more restrictions on what you can do...

Like what, registration and at a cost usually lower than $10 to register your drone and you get plenty of news and information for your $10 , apart from that you’re not going to have anymore restrictions , but you will have an option of opening up many places to fly that you would never be able to fly with an unregistered drone . And you will be required to fly within all drone rules.
2020-6-5
Use props
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11984951 ft
Slovenia

Petition? WT*? Guys buy yourself Inspire 2
2020-6-5
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 13:23
Like what, registration and at a cost usually lower than $10 to register your drone and you get plenty of news and information for your $10 , apart from that you’re not going to have anymore restrictions , but you will have an option of opening up many places to fly that you would never be able to fly with an unregistered drone . And you will be required to fly within all drone rules.

My point is with the Mavic Mini, you don’t have to do any of that, and you can pretty much fly anywhere... I am close to an airport and I have still been able to fly in that zone, either by unlocking the zone in the DJI Fly app, or by clicking on the I assume responsibility for my actions for the zone in question... NEVER have I NOT been able to fly my mini somewhere.
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-5 13:29
My point is with the Mavic Mini, you don’t have to do any of that, and you can pretty much fly anywhere... I am close to an airport and I have still been able to fly in that zone, either by unlocking the zone in the DJI Fly app, or by clicking on the I assume responsibility for my actions for the zone in question... NEVER have I NOT been able to fly my mini somewhere.

If you can unlock for mini you can unlock for all dji drones, mini does not have special dispensation in either where when or how you can fly. You have one difference and that is you have to register all drones above 250g in US and Canada but not mini, and in Europe you still have to register mini .
2020-6-5
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 13:35
If you can unlock for mini you can unlock for all dji drones, mini does not have special dispensation in either where when or how you can fly. You have one difference and that is you have to register all drones above 250g in US and Canada but not mini, and in Europe you still have to register mini .

Like I said... I’m in Canada, so I don’t need to do any of that.. and a Mini I can fly over the crowd at a car show event (within 30 metres) as long as I am not wreckless or endangering anyone - you cant do that with a mavic air 2, unless you have the Small Advanced RPAS, and even with that, you still cannot fly over events with a Mavic Air 2 or any drones over 250grams... Maybe with a SFOC you could? But the fact that I can with the Mini without any extra or special requirements is a definite plus over other drones
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-5 13:43
Like I said... I’m in Canada, so I don’t need to do any of that.. and a Mini I can fly over the crowd at a car show event (within 30 metres) as long as I am not wreckless or endangering anyone - you cant do that with a mavic air 2, unless you have the Small Advanced RPAS, and even with that, you still cannot fly over events with a Mavic Air 2 or any drones over 250grams... Maybe with a SFOC you could? But the fact that I can with the Mini without any extra or special requirements is a definite plus over other drones

In Europe I can fly Air two within 30m of people and over crowds of people not more than 12, but with SOP I can fly basically anywhere once I do a basic risk assessment, I can also do it with the knowledge I’m not likely to be loosing signal every flight. The mini is a good little drone but is very limited in its handling.
2020-6-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JM.REYES Posted at 6-5 13:07
I will not bother or answer him ...
It is true that in DJI GO there is no this mode of flight, you are right. I don't use that app. Perhaps I had to clarify this point, but it is true that it is possible and works quite well. Above all, I did not intend to offend (that there are those who take it, it seems their life is going away) but I do not write to write, I lean on my own experience with my beloved P3.
Sorry if the English translation is not very correct.

Are you referring to 'active follow' on the Litchi app? I used that on my P3P. Again, it merely locked on a moving subject and remained hovering whilst keeping the subject centred - essentially a very basic version of spotlight.

The drone itself never actually moved from it's position. It was a major development at the time (early 2016) but people soon realised that the P4 actually flew forward automatically and avoided obstacles in it's path using the forward sensors - that was proper Active Track. The P3 series using the Litchi app was not true active tracking. It was also very flaky and often lost the subject just by walking a few metres away too quickly.

I'm sure Litchi will offer something like Spotlight/active follow on the Mini (at a price of course) but if anyone thinks they will suddenly be able to take their mountain bike out for the day and get their Mavic Mini to follow them up, over and around trees like the Mavic Air 2 then they will be very disappointed. Without OA the capabilities will be extremely limited and not a true version of AT and if you crash using a third party app DJI will void your warranty.
2020-6-5
Use props
Floki Chan
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-5 15:41
Are you referring to 'active follow' on the Litchi app? I used that on my P3P. Again, it merely locked on a moving subject and remained hovering whilst keeping the subject centred - essentially a very basic version of spotlight.

The drone itself never actually moved from it's position. It was a major development at the time (early 2016) but people soon realised that the P4 actually flew forward automatically and avoided obstacles in it's path using the forward sensors - that was proper Active Track. The P3 series using the Litchi app was not true active tracking. It was also very flaky and often lost the subject just by walking a few metres away too quickly.

I think DJI shouldn't let Litchi beat them on this race. Because I believe the active track feature really easily migratable from the ma2 to the mm. In my posts before I wasn't aware of the specs but they have an ambarella h22 ai processor which is capable of powerful encoding. So I've ruled out the "they tried to strip till 249gr and compromised from computing" bcrap. Obviously that's not the case. And my huge opinion is is that the mavic mini is going to be power-user/engineers type of drone kit when the SDK comes out and tbh I believe its price will go 1/3 up at least. I might be delusional about this, but all my friends called me crazy when I was stacking up rx 480's back in 2016.
I really don't see DJI implementing this feature in a time fairly soon though. Because I also have a small feeling kinda thing that they are in a development process of migrating their "dji go drones to the fly app".. If I'm wrong, be happy dji fans! and get ready for a whole new aggressive product line of mavics then!!
Anyways we just need to speak with the dev team if possible. I'm super new to the forum and I'm super exhausted to explain stuff. I will always be a fanatic defender of the implementation of AT to the mini. just because "its possible".
2020-6-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan Posted at 6-5 16:39
I think DJI shouldn't let Litchi beat them on this race. Because I believe the active track feature really easily migratable from the ma2 to the mm. In my posts before I wasn't aware of the specs but they have an ambarella h22 ai processor which is capable of powerful encoding. So I've ruled out the "they tried to strip till 249gr and compromised from computing" bcrap. Obviously that's not the case. And my huge opinion is is that the mavic mini is going to be power-user/engineers type of drone kit when the SDK comes out and tbh I believe its price will go 1/3 up at least. I might be delusional about this, but all my friends called me crazy when I was stacking up rx 480's back in 2016.
I really don't see DJI implementing this feature in a time fairly soon though. Because I also have a small feeling kinda thing that they are in a development process of migrating their "dji go drones to the fly app".. If I'm wrong, be happy dji fans! and get ready for a whole new aggressive product line of mavics then!!
Anyways we just need to speak with the dev team if possible. I'm super new to the forum and I'm super exhausted to explain stuff. I will always be a fanatic defender of the implementation of AT to the mini. just because "its possible".

Sadly DJI have already confirmed that they will not add a basic version of AT to the Mavic Mini in the Fly app which is more than likely for the reasons I explained in my previous replies i.e. lack of OA would make it at best limited and would more than likely lead to a number of complaints and people moaning about how poor it is - if the 'active track' used on drones without OA is anything to go by in my experience.

It is always great to see a product be developed to reach it's maximum potential for sure and it would be great for MM owners to have some sort of AT feature on the drone but due to the fundamental design of the drone and lack of OA it would not be true AT that you see on the larger drones anyway that have OA. I'm sure Litchi will come out with something and I look forward to seeing your review of it on your Mavic Mini when it does.
2020-6-6
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Well said  
2020-6-6
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-5 13:43

Get a freaggin licence...study 3 minutes...and GO for it...hmmm...
2020-6-6
Use props
Floki Chan
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-6 01:43
Sadly DJI have already confirmed that they will not add a basic version of AT to the Mavic Mini in the Fly app which is more than likely for the reasons I explained in my previous replies i.e. lack of OA would make it at best limited and would more than likely lead to a number of complaints and people moaning about how poor it is - if the 'active track' used on drones without OA is anything to go by in my experience.

It is always great to see a product be developed to reach it's maximum potential for sure and it would be great for MM owners to have some sort of AT feature on the drone but due to the fundamental design of the drone and lack of OA it would not be true AT that you see on the larger drones anyway that have OA. I'm sure Litchi will come out with something and I look forward to seeing your review of it on your Mavic Mini when it does.

I agree with you on almost every point. True active tracking is not even an option I guess we all can agree on that.
I wonder if it could store altitude, distance, m/s kind of things just like a keyboard/mouse macro(or something like autohotkey). Something like waypoint, minus the gps. (true analog way pointing)
I really cant wait for them to release the sdk and pull my hair out while I cant code :')
I will be crediting you into my video for AT if that ever happens for sure )))
I actually want to brainstorm on this topic to keep it alive.
Do you guys have any idea other than all said before to spoof active tracking (or some workaround)?

We all know when we walk while quickshots, it does a semi activetrack which fails from time to time but is still some sort of useful. Any bright brains willing to enlighten us too?
2020-6-6
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

...again, well said Hall
2020-6-6
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 13:35
If you can unlock for mini you can unlock for all dji drones, mini does not have special dispensation in either where when or how you can fly. You have one difference and that is you have to register all drones above 250g in US and Canada but not mini, and in Europe you still have to register mini .

In UK you don't have to register the Mini. And I am pretty sure in most European countries you don't have to do it as well
2020-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ThalisGr Posted at 6-7 01:35
In UK you don't have to register the Mini. And I am pretty sure in most European countries you don't have to do it as well

You need to check that again, there is a requirement to register if you have a camera on the drone.

2020-6-7
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-7 02:39
You need to check that again, there is a requirement to register if you have a camera on the drone.

https://youtu.be/uQftzpgRnIQ

With all the respect the table you refer to in not yet valid (it speaks about future legislation) and even so Mini has a high possibility to be considered as a toy with camera in the future, while the exisitng ones will be legacy units.
But for now what is valid (for UK) can be shown in the below links. Also what you said about flying above people and buildings was inaccurate, according to Drone Code.

https://dronesafe.uk/registration/

https://dronesafe.uk/wp-content/ ... ode_October2019.pdf

2020-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ThalisGr Posted at 6-7 02:57
With all the respect the table you refer to in not yet valid (it speaks about future legislation) and even so Mini has a high possibility to be considered as a toy with camera in the future, while the exisitng ones will be legacy units.
But for now what is valid (for UK) can be shown in the below links. Also what you said about flying above people and buildings was inaccurate, according to Drone Code.

What did I say about flying over people ?
2020-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

With all the respect the table you refer to in not yet valid (it speaks about future legislation) and even so Mini has a high possibility to be considered as a toy with camera in the future, while the exisitng ones will be legacy units.

As someone who has been flying as a hobbyist and commercially for over 7 years I’m well aware of the rules . You keep referring to UK I’m aware the UK is no longer in Europe but are going to adopt drone rules of EASA unless CAA decide to break links with EASA . As it stands these are the rules I’m bound by .

And with SOP and risk assessment I can fly closer once it's under my control.
2020-6-7
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-7 03:05
What did I say about flying over people ?

'In Europe I can fly Air two within 30m of people and over crowds of people not more than 12'...
According to Drone Code the distance is 50m (in UK at least).
Anyway I don't want really to argue. And laws between countries are different.
2020-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ThalisGr Posted at 6-7 03:16
'In Europe I can fly Air two within 30m of people and over crowds of people not more than 12'...
According to Drone Code the distance is 50m (in UK at least).
Anyway I don't want really to argue. And laws between countries are different.

Again read above, and I never mentioned UK,
2020-6-7
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-7 03:19
Again read above, and I never mentioned UK,

Okies you are the captain :-)
So in your country do you have to register the Mini?
2020-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ThalisGr Posted at 6-7 03:28

You don’t now but will have to if and when new EASA rules come in. I have to register to fly drones, my registration now covers me to fly all drones up to 25kg weight, so my mini is covered by my registration . If I only had a mini I would also register it, it costs €5 and I receive at least 2 emails every week giving all the information regarding what’s new with drones and drone rules temporary NFZ tips etc. I can fly just as much as anyone who is not registered, if I want to fly over or close to a property for any reason I can ask permission showing my registration which always helps. So long as authorities don’t fleece people for registering or impose extra rules etc registration is not always a bad idea. With mini now there is a choice.
2020-6-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With all the respect the table you refer to in not yet valid (it speaks about future legislation) and even so Mini has a high possibility to be considered as a toy with camera in the future, while the exisitng ones will be legacy units.

To be classified as a toy the drone must physically be incapable of flying more than 400' from the operator in any direction. The Mini will therefore be classified as a legacy drone equivalent to C0-not a toy. The fact it also has a camera on it further supports that.

So w/e 01 November 2020 all Mavic Mini pilots using UK airspace will need to complete the entire DMARES process with the UK CAA i.e. passing the basic competency test, printing off the flyer ID and bringing that with you in the bag, registering yourself as an operator/owner with a fee of £9 a year and marking up your operator ID on the body of the drone where it can be seen at ground level without having to use a tool to access it. The whole thing took me less than 30 minutes.

For now, you must follow the drone code which, to be clear, are a set of regulatory guidelines and are not laws... Aviation law is set out within the directives of the ANO. One of the drone code guidelines is that there must be nobody (who is not your control) within 30m upon take off and landing and 50m in forward flight. But you may fly over people and buildings at 50m that are not considered to be in a congested area.

Any drone weighing less than 250g today only requires the operator to read the manual and not complete the DMARES process however, I know someone who has recently been been approached by Police for flying their Mavic Mini in a park and one of the reasons that caused the Police to call the CAA for clarification is that it wasn't registered... Most of these laws and rules are still very grey and the Police don't care about a drone being 1g under weight. If I owned a Mavic Mini I would still register it straight away!
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_RMtNjsmApSC3
New

Germany

Signed. Either implement Active Track, or finally release the already-announced-then-delayed SDK so the Litchi app works with the Mini.
2020-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think the Mini has the computing power required to Activetrack safely.
2020-6-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_RMtNjsmApSC3 Posted at 6-7 06:53
Signed. Either implement Active Track, or finally release the already-announced-then-delayed SDK so the Litchi app works with the Mini.

What makes you think Litchi are going to develop a version of their app for the Mini?
2020-6-7
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst this would be good, I don’t think this will happen.  Why should they?  The mini is cheap as chips, it’s a taster to get us into drones.  If you want the good stuff, you have to pay more. It makes sense.  The air 2 is amazing.  The mini got me hooked, then I bought the air 2, that’s how it works.  

I still use the mini, it’s brilliant, but it’s a budget drone.  DJI would be daft to add tracking, because people won’t buy the air 2.   
2020-6-7
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Whilst this would be good, I don’t think this will happen.  Why should they?  The mini is cheap as chips, it’s a taster to get us into drones.  If you want the good stuff, you have to pay more. It makes sense.  The air 2 is amazing.  The mini got me hooked, then I bought the air 2, that’s how it works.  

I still use the mini, it’s brilliant, but it’s a budget drone.  DJI would be daft to add tracking, because people won’t buy the air 2.   
2020-6-7
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It won’t happen.  Buy an air 2 if you want it.  (you will not regret it).  I love my mini, it goes everywhere with me, the air 2 doesn’t.  It’s horses for courses.  Enjoy the mini, it’s an amazing bit of kit, that fits in your pocket. We couldn’t have imagined having this 10 years ago!
2020-6-7
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 04:11
I’m totally convinced you know little about drones. “RTH is only predefined height”

RTH Is gps operated and continually being programmed to return to its homepoint defined by the recorded gps position at homepoint. Once RTH is programmed correctly by operator and craft is flying in correct environment, it will not crash, unless malfunction of craft.

Edit: Ok, I should read better.. So why cannot the drone hit anything on its way back, if the height is to low?

RTH programmed correctly = set the height high enough. And it will return to the GPS-home position.

This has NOTHING todo with the GPS route before.  

So if the RTH-height is not high enough and the drone crashes into sth it is MY (=operator) fault or? So come again, why in AT mode it would be DJIs fault?

2020-6-8
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

ThalisGr Posted at 6-7 03:28

When the EASA regulations come, mostly everyone has to register it.. But the regulations were post-poned because of Corona.

I have 0 problems registering it.. I have an insurance anyway and they also know the S/N of the MM.
2020-6-8
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

thE29 Posted at 6-8 00:26
When the EASA regulations come, mostly everyone has to register it.. But the regulations were post-poned because of Corona.

I have 0 problems registering it.. I have an insurance anyway and they also know the S/N of the MM.

I didn't answer other posts here because I think we spamed a bit the original post.
I posted in a relevant topic though what I found...and according to latest proposal, existing Minis will be open category, legacy drones under 250grms...and yes you will have to register them from 2022 but that's all. Not online training, not online test and you will have some advandages over bigger drones, like flying over 'uninvolved' people.

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP1789%20April%202020.pdf
2020-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

thE29 Posted at 6-8 00:13
Edit: Ok, I should read better.. So why cannot the drone hit anything on its way back, if the height is to low?

[view_image]

It wouldn’t be, because dji acted responsibly and didn’t put AT on mini without OA. That’s the definition of responsibility doing it and accepting it and not trying to hang it on anyone .

Responsibility: “the state or fact of being accountable or to blame for something.“
And I think it's fair to say if you can't set RTH, dji is correct, you're not very responsible ;+):::::
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules