Petition to bring some sort of (Active) Tracking to the Mini
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
9to5Voyager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7064364 ft
United States

playtime1 Posted at 6-2 18:28
You won't be  the last people always want something for nothing. And if it's that important you should have bought a drone that had it. Don't buy bottom of the line and expect all the bells and whistles.

I don't want to use any adjectives that will get me banned on here, but suffice it to say I don't like your comment. We already paid several hundred dollars for the unit, so to say we want something for nothing makes absolutely no sense. And so what if we do? If we can get an update on the drone that makes it a more useful tool, so what? How does that affect you?
2020-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-13 18:09
Oh, and to those who say you can’t have active tracking without obstacle avoidance - I just watched a review on the Fimi X8SE which has active tracking, and guess what?? It does NOT have any obstacle avoidance at all!! Just an ultrasonic sensor and an optical flow sensor on the bottom... that’s it.

Well you know what to buy now, seems strange you’re researching after you purchased , if only other way around you could have had AT .
And nobody says you can’t have AT without OA, what has been said is dji won’t implement AT without OA. It’s there safety standard, which is reassuring.
2020-6-14
Use props
9to5Voyager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7064364 ft
United States

You got my vote
2020-6-14
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

DJWacko Posted at 6-13 13:44
Keep the insults and name calling up and you will be reported to admin. Not sure why you are even allowed to be on this forum, seems like you’re very good at insults.

oh no, please no tell mum.
2020-6-14
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-13 15:16
I thought it was spending to much time flying in the kitchen? I mean I have flown nearly 100 miles in just my kitchen, I seen these poor users getting caught up in your bull and felt like warning them so maybe they don't make the same mistake I did and humoring you.

I support everyone who wants Active Track, I personally don't need it but if you guy's want it I don't see any reason why you can't ask. Unfortunately I've been around this forum long enough to know when a thread has ran it's course, @op I'd ask to have it closed, it's only going to get worse from here.

SDK is around the corner and hopefully Litchi will take care of this before February 31st
https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/455
2020-6-14
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-14 00:42
Well you know what to buy now, seems strange you’re researching after you purchased , if only other way around you could have had AT .
And nobody says you can’t have AT without OA, what has been said is dji won’t implement AT without OA. It’s there safety standard, which is reassuring.

First of all, I wasn’t doing research, the review was posted on a channel I follow, and just stumbled across it. I’m just trying to make a point that many other drones have tracking without OA, hell, quick shots on the mini has tracking without OA... And, I bought the Mini based on DJI’s reputation for having some of the best drones on the market. I am just getting into creating video content with a drone, and unfortunately, 1) the Mavic Air 2 wasn’t even announced when I bought my mini, and 2) I don’t have the budget to buy a second, more expensive drone, otherwise I would have.  That being said, I would have spent a little extra for a mini that did have active track, but I am already invested in the Mini. At some point, I will buy a more advanced drone (probably the Mavic Air 2) when my budget allows, and I have surpassed the capabilities of this already awesome little Mini. But, for now, all I really want is to be able to draw a box around an object, and control my mini around it, while the tracking keeps the object in frame, automatically adjusting yaw and pitch as I move. That to me, is a most valuable feature.
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-14 08:48
First of all, I wasn’t doing research, the review was posted on a channel I follow, and just stumbled across it. I’m just trying to make a point that many other drones have tracking without OA, hell, quick shots on the mini has tracking without OA... And, I bought the Mini based on DJI’s reputation for having some of the best drones on the market. I am just getting into creating video content with a drone, and unfortunately, 1) the Mavic Air 2 wasn’t even announced when I bought my mini, and 2) I don’t have the budget to buy a second, more expensive drone, otherwise I would have.  That being said, I would have spent a little extra for a mini that did have active track, but I am already invested in the Mini. At some point, I will buy a more advanced drone (probably the Mavic Air 2) when my budget allows, and I have surpassed the capabilities of this already awesome little Mini. But, for now, all I really want is to be able to draw a box around an object, and control my mini around it, while the tracking keeps the object in frame, automatically adjusting yaw and pitch as I move. That to me, is a most valuable feature.

I have read that if you select the dronie QuickShot and highlight yourself the drone will follow you before pressing start to perform the QuickShot. That is about as close as you will get to AT on the Mini using the fly app - though you couldnt record it unless you use record screen on your device.
2020-6-14
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-14 08:48
First of all, I wasn’t doing research, the review was posted on a channel I follow, and just stumbled across it. I’m just trying to make a point that many other drones have tracking without OA, hell, quick shots on the mini has tracking without OA... And, I bought the Mini based on DJI’s reputation for having some of the best drones on the market. I am just getting into creating video content with a drone, and unfortunately, 1) the Mavic Air 2 wasn’t even announced when I bought my mini, and 2) I don’t have the budget to buy a second, more expensive drone, otherwise I would have.  That being said, I would have spent a little extra for a mini that did have active track, but I am already invested in the Mini. At some point, I will buy a more advanced drone (probably the Mavic Air 2) when my budget allows, and I have surpassed the capabilities of this already awesome little Mini. But, for now, all I really want is to be able to draw a box around an object, and control my mini around it, while the tracking keeps the object in frame, automatically adjusting yaw and pitch as I move. That to me, is a most valuable feature.

SDK and Litchi coming...I wouldn't rely on DJI for AT...
2020-6-14
Use props
CrashampBurn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-5 09:16
Again clueless as ever...

He can set the RTH to whatever height he wants, the drone fly's in a straight path back to it's home point.

Sorry about being late to this party. The Mavic II series does not RTH in a straight line if it has lost control signal. It follows the gps points recorded during flight and returns on the same path that took it to the point of signal loss, once signal is restored it stops and waits for operator intervention. It is one of the features I tested very early on, it can be confirmed by reviewing the recorded video. I deliberately flew it around a hill out of sight until signal was lost, it paused a few seconds, then turned around and flew itself out from behind the hill into clear view. Very impressive.
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CrashampBurn Posted at 6-14 10:53
Sorry about being late to this party. The Mavic II series does not RTH in a straight line if it has lost control signal. It follows the gps points recorded during flight and returns on the same path that took it to the point of signal loss, once signal is restored it stops and waits for operator intervention. It is one of the features I tested very early on, it can be confirmed by reviewing the recorded video. I deliberately flew it around a hill out of sight until signal was lost, it paused a few seconds, then turned around and flew itself out from behind the hill into clear view. Very impressive.

Yep - it's called RTH retrace - if signal is not recovered after a minute of flying back on the same path it then performs the RTH procedure in a straight line as normal. In fact the original Mavic Air did the same thing as the tech (I believe DJI refer to it as FlightAutonomy) was introduced back in late 2016 on the Phantom 4 Pro.
2020-6-14
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

A J Posted at 6-14 11:19
Yep - it's called RTH retrace - if signal is not recovered after a minute of flying back on the same path it then performs the RTH procedure in a straight line as normal. In fact the original Mavic Air did the same thing as the tech (I believe DJI refer to it as FlightAutonomy) was introduced back in late 2016 on the Phantom 4 Pro.

Man, now that's something I would actually like to see on the mini.

2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-14 11:38
Man, now that's something I would actually like to see on the mini.

Saves coming straight back off the flight path and wasting valuable juice getting the signal back. I think it uses the OA to create 3D images of land marks to track back on it's previous route so guess what? The drone will need OA! Don't shoot the messenger   
2020-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 6-14 11:19
Yep - it's called RTH retrace - if signal is not recovered after a minute of flying back on the same path it then performs the RTH procedure in a straight line as normal. In fact the original Mavic Air did the same thing as the tech (I believe DJI refer to it as FlightAutonomy) was introduced back in late 2016 on the Phantom 4 Pro.

And Mavic Air2 is similar but different. Loss of signal Rth Air2 will fly backwards for 50m if signal is not resumed it will ascend to preset Rth height and Rth directly unless it is now within 20m of Rth point , if this is the case it will Rth at present height.
So no need to panic if you see craft flying backwards when you lose signal.
2020-6-14
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-14 11:44
Saves coming straight back off the flight path and wasting valuable juice getting the signal back. I think it uses the OA to create 3D images of land marks to track back on it's previous route so guess what? The drone will need OA! Don't shoot the messenger

3d images of land marks. Seems like the sensor has turned into a IR Surface scanner!! I dont want to be a jerk but. I might have giggled to this a little bit. The mavic air 2 cant go through a tunnel without proper guidance set aside 3d geo scanning. I know we are ahead in technology guys but not that far ahead. Dont watch futuristic series too much, it might get into your mind: ))
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-14 12:13
3d images of land marks. Seems like the sensor has turned into a IR Surface scanner!! I dont want to be a jerk but. I might have giggled to this a little bit. The mavic air 2 cant go through a tunnel without proper guidance set aside 3d geo scanning. I know we are ahead in technology guys but not that far ahead. Dont watch futuristic series too much, it might get into your mind: ))

All sensors require light to function - so I doubt any drone will fly effectively in a dark tunnel. We're not ahead in technology - this feature came out nearly four years ago. Didn't you know about it?
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-14 12:03
And Mavic Air2 is similar but different. Loss of signal Rth Air2 will fly backwards for 50m if signal is not resumed it will ascend to preset Rth height and Rth directly unless it is now within 20m of Rth point , if this is the case it will Rth at present height.

They seem to be developing this great and often unspoken bit of tech in this drones with each new release (well, most drones lol). Thanks for letting me know mate but have not lost signal as yet on the MA2 anyway - even on my max range test to 16,105 feet in a CE area - just once will do
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-14 12:03

Just looked into that - so after losing signal for 11 seconds and providing the drone is more than 20m away the MA2 will fly back on its original course for 50m until the signal is regained in the event of failsafe RTH being activated. If signal is not regained after the 50m it will immediately begin straight-line RTH. That's cool. A little different to the Phantom 4 Pro but the result is the same.
2020-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 6-14 14:08
Just looked into that - so after losing signal for 11 seconds and providing the drone is more than 20m away the MA2 will fly back on its original course for 50m until the signal is regained in the event of failsafe RTH being activated. If signal is not regained after the 50m it will immediately begin straight-line RTH. That's cool. A little different to the Phantom 4 Pro but the result is the same.

Yeah flying backwards is new, I imagine some who aren’t expecting this will get into a panic when watching that. Although as you say it’s pretty difficult to lose signal with A2.
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-14 14:13
Yeah flying backwards is new, I imagine some who aren’t expecting this will get into a panic when watching that. Although as you say it’s pretty difficult to lose signal with A2.

I would have thought 'fly away occurring' if I saw that - now I know what will be happening when/if it happens. Thanks mate.
2020-6-14
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-14 13:44
[view_image]
All sensors require light to function - so I doubt any drone will fly effectively in a dark tunnel. We're not ahead in technology - this feature came out nearly four years ago. Didn't you know about it?

Yeah I heard about this didn't go thorough with it though. But tbh this has nothing to do with the OA sensor ( at least I know so, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Oa is some sort of proximity sensor, more complex but definately not kitted to do 3D mapping.
On the other hand, if it had some sort of sonar that would be a different case. I believe one commerical drone has that feature implemented already with sonarlike kit with the name "truevision". I might be wrong.(I am wrong I cant remember the name)
The other 3d mapping sensor what you are imagining to avoid obstacles or what you think it is, is like a LIDAR sensor. You check its attributes. Its waaay out of the mavic league. For now : )) You never know. I remember having pc's of 2 gb ram. Now my phone has 4 : ))
Quick edit: fixed the typos and an extra for you guys who wants to get information.
https://enterprise.dji.com/news/ ... and-geospatial-data
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-14 14:25
Yeah I heard about this didn't go thorough with it though. But tbh this has nothing to do with the OA sensor(or at least I know so,feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Oa is some sort proximity sensor, more complex but definately not kitted to do 3D mapping.
 On the other hand if it had some sort of sonar that would be a different case. I believe one commerical drone has that feature implemented already with something like sonar with the name "truevision": I might be wrong.
The other 3d mapping sensor what you are imagining to avoid obstacles or what you think it is is like a LIDAR sensor. You check its attributes. Its waaay out of the mavic league. For now : )) you never know. I remember hving pc's of 2 gb ram. Now my phone has 4 : ))

Sorry, but that reply really did make me giggle. This was on the P4P - it uses it's main sensor in the camera to create 3D mapping of the environment and it's OA to navigate obstacles whilst retracing the best route in line with the environment and 3D map until the signal is regained - so it utilises all of its sensors to fly back safely but doesn't actually use the OA for that 3D mapping. No, it doesn't have sonar but it is real, has been implemented on all of the P4P series for nearly four years and it works very effectively in my first hand experience but let me guess, you already knew that...

Anyway, don't let me take this important thread off topic for the senseless Mavic Mini to have Active Track installed. Good luck with that.
2020-6-14
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-14 14:43
Sorry, but that reply really did make me giggle. This was on the P4P - it uses it's main sensor in the camera to create 3D mapping of the environment and it's OA to navigate obstacles whilst retracing the best route in line with the environment and 3D map until the signal is regained - so it utilises all of its sensors to fly back safely but doesn't actually use the OA for that 3D mapping. No, it doesn't have sonar but it is real, has been implemented on all of the P4P series for nearly four years and it works very effectively in my first hand experience but let me guess, you already knew that...

Anyway, don't let me take this important thread off topic for the senseless Mavic Mini to have Active Track installed. Good luck with that.

No I heard the technology. But I haven't searched on which models have it or not. I have a clue about flightautonomy but I haven't dug deep. Brother, I'm not the type of guy that says I know about things which I don't know, don't mistake me with old fellas around here I'm generation y: ) I didn't touch your "all sensors need light" argument so back off will ya : ) All light sensors need light :quickfix: OA doesnt need to be necessarily a light sensor. And we weren't even talking about RTH and the sensor. The 3d modelling you are talking about is image processing. Which is no where close anywhere to the "sensors weve been talking". Again I might be wrong, whoevers gonna correct me do your research.. and prove your argument.
Buuut lets talk about the unnecessary necessity about the OA for the mavic mini shall we: )
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-14 14:56
No I heard the technology. But I haven't searched on which models have it or not. I have a clue about flightautonomy but I haven't dug deep. Brother, I'm not the type of guy that says I know about things which I don't know, don't mistake me with old fellas around here I'm generation y: ) I didn't touch your "all sensors need light" argument so back off will ya : ) All light sensors need light :quickfix: OA doesnt need to be necessarily a light sensor. And we weren't even talking about RTH and the sensor. The 3d modelling you are talking about is image processing. Which is no where close anywhere to the "sensors weve been talking". Again I might be wrong, whoevers gonna correct me do your research.. and prove your argument.
Buuut lets talk about the unnecessary necessity about the OA for the mavic mini shall we: )

Trying digging a little deeper before giggling in future!
2020-6-14
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-14 15:21
Trying digging a little deeper before giggling in future!

How is that even an answer: )) sure will! Goes both ways too. There is a proverb in Turkey; the young usually fails because of too much excitement, and the elder fails because of too much experience.
We cant be impulsive nor shove wisdom in each other. We just have to be pragmatic.
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-14 15:44
How is that even an answer: )) sure will! Goes both ways too. There is a proverb in Turkey; the young usually fails because of too much excitement, and the elder fails because of too much experience.
We cant be impulsive nor shove wisdom in each other. We just have to be pragmatic.

Seems like everyone fails in Turkey then.
2020-6-14
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-14 15:48
Seems like everyone fails in Turkey then.

The reasoning is impeccable. Highly educated I believe..
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-14 16:33
The reasoning is impeccable. Highly educated I believe..

Do they go to Oxford or Cambridge?
2020-6-14
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

A J Posted at 6-14 16:34
Do they go to Oxford or Cambridge?

Was talking about you, obviously you were not in either of them.
2020-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CrashampBurn Posted at 6-14 10:53
Sorry about being late to this party. The Mavic II series does not RTH in a straight line if it has lost control signal. It follows the gps points recorded during flight and returns on the same path that took it to the point of signal loss, once signal is restored it stops and waits for operator intervention. It is one of the features I tested very early on, it can be confirmed by reviewing the recorded video. I deliberately flew it around a hill out of sight until signal was lost, it paused a few seconds, then turned around and flew itself out from behind the hill into clear view. Very impressive.

Just one point, if M2 lost signal, it can’t fly further so on loss of signal M2 will fly its last route for 60 seconds if within that 60 seconds it regains signal it will stop hover for 11 seconds if no action is taken by controller it will ascend to Rth height and return straight home .
2020-6-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-15 02:36
Was talking about you, obviously you were not in either of them.

Hahahaha - it was cool talking to you. Stay safe and enjoy your drones and no, I didn't go to either but I have managed people who have.
2020-6-15
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-15 05:05
Not half as silly as buying a drone that lacks a feature you want & then complaining the feature is missing.

there is a difference between complaining and asking for something. I see people are asking for something here, if they get it or not is noboby's business but DJI. There is no harm in asking. I don't even understand why some people are upset by this. If you don't want that feature, then just ignore the thread all together. I see a lot more ''complaining'' from people who barge in this thread and protest about the Mini getting that feature, or trying to discourage people here from asking,  than people asking for a feature. that sounds a lot more like complaining.
2020-6-15
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-10 12:49
It’s definitely NOT about “crying because they can’t afford the DJI drone with more features.” It IS about having a sub 250gram weight class drone that you don’t need a pilot certificate to fly it or have to register with government agencies (at least in Canada) that has some sort of tracking feature other than just in quick shots... many Mavic Mini buyers are brand new to the drone scene, and don’t want to invest more money in a more advanced drone, not to mention the registration and licensing requirements, just to find out they don’t like the drone hobby/profession... so go fly your more expensive DJI drone with more features somewhere else - your negative comments are not needed here.

I own a M2P and purchased a Mini for some global travel.   A few months ago, I took a 2 week trip to Nova Scotia which was a great trip and has some incredible country side.  Anyways, regardless of the weight of the drone, I still needed to apply for a SFOC to legally fly in Canada because I am a foreign operator.  So much for taking a sub-250 gram drone to Canada and not having to register it.  Ironic isn't it.
2020-6-15
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Occams Razor Posted at 6-15 09:00
I own a M2P and purchased a Mini for some global travel.   A few months ago, I took a 2 week trip to Nova Scotia which was a great trip and has some incredible country side.  Anyways, regardless of the weight of the drone, I still needed to apply for a SFOC to legally fly in Canada because I am a foreign operator.  So much for taking a sub-250 gram drone to Canada and not having to register it.  Ironic isn't it.

REally? did you only fly the Mavic Mini or did you bring another drone?
2020-6-15
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

wow, I learned something... YOu were lucky to get it then, because now they don't even accept any until next year.

Foreign operators

If you are a foreign operator (that is, you are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a corporation incorporated by or under federal or provincial and you want to fly in Canadian airspace), you must have an approved SFOC to fly a drone for any purpose (recreational, work or research).

You must already be allowed to use the drone for the same purpose in your home country. Include your country’s approval or authorization with your application for the SFOC.

Please note, we are currently not accepting SFOC applications from visitors to Canada looking to fly recreationally. This change does not affect foreigners requesting a SFOC for commercial purposes. This temporary restriction will be re-evaluated in January 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience.
2020-6-15
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

Daniella3d Posted at 6-15 12:00
wow, I learned something... YOu were lucky to get it then, because now they don't even accept any until next year.

Foreign operators

Oh wow so if anyone was ever to travel to Canada. At any circumstances if they are foreigners, they cant take of legally.. This is something that happens when you get caught, and tell the officials "I had no idea" and they make you pay the fine nevertheless.
Fly the drone at your embassy. Now thats some 200 iq idea (I'm joking obv.)
2020-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Daniella3d Posted at 6-15 08:35
there is a difference between complaining and asking for something. I see people are asking for something here, if they get it or not is noboby's business but DJI. There is no harm in asking. I don't even understand why some people are upset by this. If you don't want that feature, then just ignore the thread all together. I see a lot more ''complaining'' from people who barge in this thread and protest about the Mini getting that feature, or trying to discourage people here from asking,  than people asking for a feature. that sounds a lot more like complaining.

It’s not really to do with complaining, some guys who have been flying for a long time and using this forum have a reasonable good barometer of how dji work, and allowing AT on a drone without the necessary safety is just not going to happen. So much time is wasted on this that could be much better spent on features that could be got if enough people spent their time canvassing for them.

Active Track is by far the most wished for feature here on the forum. Dji have already said no it’s not coming, litchi will not introduce it for the same safety  reasons and rightly so. If people wanted AT they could have very easily bought other dji drones or other cheap drones.

So what’s happened here is they’re 5/6 different threads which at this stage are futile and nobody seems to be able to adopt any kind of savvy as to the very good reason why there is no Active Track on Mavic Mini and incidentally for Canadians if Mini did have AT it would weigh over 249g so the irony should not be lost on Canadians .
2020-6-15
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-15 12:44
It’s not really to do with complaining, some guys who have been flying for a long time and using this forum have a reasonable good barometer of how dji work, and allowing AT on a drone without the necessary safety is just not going to happen. So much time is wasted on this that could be much better spent on features that could be got if enough people spent their time canvassing for them.

Active Track is by far the most wished for feature here on the forum. Dji have already said no it’s not coming, litchi will not introduce it for the same safety  reasons and rightly so. If people wanted AT they could have very easily bought other dji drones or other cheap drones.

I’m not saying I disagree with your comments Hallmark, and I do understand where you are coming from... but, Everyone has the right to ask questions, make feature requests, and so on, no matter how much you or anyone else thinks it’s a stupid request... People bashing on people and taunting them is not a good example of community spirit. We are supposed to be here to help other community members, not make them feel like lower class idiots for asking a question... I really don’t know why some people have to get so bent out of shape over a topic, that if they didn’t like in the first place. They don’t need to post their “speculative” comments, because let’s be honest here, and I dont really care how much experience any community member has with DJI, in the end, DJI is the only one who can ultimately make that decision, not any other community member. Won't everyone who said it's never gonna happen be surprised when DJI adds it to the Mini...
2020-6-15
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-15 12:00

Foreign operators

I was under the understanding that since the Mavic Mini is under 250 grams (part of the reason it appeals so much to travellers) that ANYONE could fly it anywhere without registration or license in Canada... I could not find the specific laws for Canada with regards to tourists in Canada with a drone under 250 grams, but I did find this on another forum:

“In Canada, the following rules still apply:

- Stay away from airports
- VLOS
- No drone zones are still no drone zones (i.e. National Parks)
- Do not fly in a manner that might endanger people or aircraft
- Do not fly in a negligent manner
- Do not violate privacy/private property
- Drugs and alcohol

The laws you don't need to worry about as much are:

- Registration / licencing
- The distance rules from people, vehicles, buildings, etc. do not apply beyond "don't be negligent and don't endanger anyone"

The negligence/endangerment clauses do leave room for interpretation by law enforcement, so fly responsibly regardless.

So basically you can fly the Mini in a lot of places you can't fly a larger drone (neighborhoods, back yards, municipal parks, etc.) so long as you aren't being an idiot about it."
2020-6-15
Use props
Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn
lvl.3

Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-15 13:15
2026...still waiting on Activetrack for the Mini.

Mid 2020's and trying to talk sense with logic and reasoning to the old fellas.
2020-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Floki Chan AKA. EZpawn Posted at 6-15 14:25
Mid 2020's and trying to talk sense with logic and reasoning to the old fellas.
[view_image]

Are you really arrogant enough to suggest that you have more logic and good reasoning than the 'older' people on this forum?
2020-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules