Tripod Mode Not What I Expected
657 1 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

When I put the MA2 in Tripod Mode I was expecting there to be a noticable difference in handling. The yaw (left right rotation) and lateral left and right movements by the joysticks are set to the same sensitivity as in "Normal" mode. Ditto for the gimbal dial.I checked the User Manual and confirmed ONLY the top speed changes -

"Tripod Mode: Tripod mode is based on Normal mode and the flight speed is limited, making the aircraft more stable during shooting."

So all Tripod Mode does is to drop the top speed from 12 m/s (Normal Mode) to 5 m/s. Seems like if DJI wanted Tripod Mode to provide a more stable shooting experience, the controls (joysticks and gimbal dial) should be adjusted accordingly as well.

So has anybody else found this mode to be particularly useful?

2020-6-1
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,
No , not useful.
Maybe if you're new to flying ,or, as some people have suggested to obtain a more cinematic mode. Flying slower so you can concentrate on rotating the gimbal?
I feel like a fish out of water with this app. Why did they ever introduce the sensitivity of the gimbal and sticks in other drones and then leave it out here?
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules