Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there an alternative to the Fly app?
32794 29 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DosFerret
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34022 ft
United States

I can install Go, Go4 and Pilot, but no devices in the house are compatable with Fly (even though most are on android 9). is there a beta version of any of the dji software that can use the Mavic Mini?
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DosFerret. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this matter the only application that is recommended and that can be used in operating or flying your DJI Mavic Mini is the DJI Fly application. In addition, the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.

2020-6-1
Use props
DosFerret
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34022 ft
United States

it's not like I have chineese knock offs or some such, you should put warnings on the site or in the descritpion that you don't support motorola. I didn't buy a budget drone to be forced into a new phone. my spark worked fine on my G6. is there a backdoor way to conect the mini to the go4 app? I don't care about recomended I just want to fly the dang thing.I tried installing an early version of Fly but had the same issues.
2020-6-1
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

DosFerret Posted at 6-1 20:13
it's not like I have chineese knock offs or some such, you should put warnings on the site or in the descritpion that you don't support motorola. I didn't buy a budget drone to be forced into a new phone. my spark worked fine on my G6. is there a backdoor way to conect the mini to the go4 app? I don't care about recomended I just want to fly the dang thing.I tried installing an early version of Fly but had the same issues.

You can only use the FLY app on handsets with 64bit architecture unfortunately many handset manufacturers for pricing reasons utilise 32bit this is not something DJI can control however, I agree that DJI should update the product listings to make it clear that this is the case and not simply quote an Android version that is a little misleading especially when they are not coding for 32bit compatibility.  On the other hand DJI do list compatible handsets and will view it as a consumer responsibility to check this prior to purchase.  At the time Go was being coded the majority of handsets would have been 32bit hence earlier drones being compatible with more handsets so your options are return for refund, change your handset, look at getting a drone that uses the Go app or move to another drone option completely away from DJI.  I can't see DJI going backwards and coding for 32bit handsets at this point but only DJI can (not saying will) answer that question.
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_tBzPwBuZyqtu
lvl.1
Canada

I just got my Mavic Mini and I mistakenly thought that the app I need for my Motorola Moto G7 Play was the DJI Pilot. I found out that I needed DJI Fly. You say that the phone needs to be a 64bit architecture and I "think" the Snapdragon 632 SDM632 chipset for the G7 Play is a 64-bit architecture. Maybe I'm reading that wrong on the spec site. "I'd link a URL but apparently I don't have permission to post a URL even tho the forum displays the option. "

Also, the other thing the phone needs to have has Android version 6+ which the Android is version 9 Pie for the G7 Play.
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_tBzPwBuZyqtu
lvl.1
Canada

I installed a system info app and it tells me that my phone is 32-bit. I checked  "Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 632 octa-core processor" and it tells me that it is 64 bit but the CPU architecture, on my phone,  is ARMv7-A which states on the ARM architecture Wikipedia states it it 32 bit. Fun times. Now next week I need to get a new phone.

DJI should have a phone compatibility check when ordering a drone.
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_rt4VYOahpRbP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55013 ft
United States

Have you tried Airmap? I have seen videos on YouTube of people flying with Airmap once they select the connect icon on the Airmap screen. I haven't tried it myself as the fly app works on my phone.
2020-7-4
Use props
tim6575
lvl.1

United States

same problem just got drone today and canbt install app looks like i will be returning
2020-7-23
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_rt4VYOahpRbP Posted at 7-4 05:14
Have you tried Airmap? I have seen videos on YouTube of people flying with Airmap once they select the connect icon on the Airmap screen. I haven't tried it myself as the fly app works on my phone.

Hi Airmap is compatible with 11 of DJI drones. Not the latest 2 drones.. the Mavic Mini or the Mavic Air 2.
I don't know who fed  the DJI engineers that BS crap about the DJI fly app. It was the worst move that they made: especially with the Mavic Air 2. The mavic mini has better control features than the Mavic Air 2.
So we have to deal with their crappy decisions.
Last time for me.

Good luck and happy flying.
2020-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Lets say it in simple words:

You phone has just 4GB or less Ram:
Big chance that fly won't work or chrash!
2020-8-14
Use props
djiuser_6R49MD1bgJuy
New
United States

I too was disappointed with the phone requirements for the Fly app after I purchased my Mavic mini as I have the Moto G7 phone. I found the specs of the Lenovo M8 FHD tablet match and have been using it to fly without issues. Just needed to work through the cabling to the controller with a longer OTG cable. I use the tether feature of the phone for data when I need to access Kittyhawk or unlock the geo fence. Hope that helps.
2020-9-15
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Litchi, beta works with MM, also it works on android 11 devices, no crashes.
2020-9-16
Use props
fans42df0ecd
New

New Zealand

Hey mate I have had the same issues so can't fly my new mini 2 drone.  An alternative I may have found was try installing the litchi app as this supports most dji drones including the new mini 2. Hope this helps cheers,from down under middle earth.
2021-1-1
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Litichi Beta only supports the Mavic Air 2 and the Mini. The Mini 2 will not be supported until DJI releases an SDK for it.

Here are a couple of links with a list of phones and tablets which will work with the Fly app (verified by users).

he Best DJI Fly Compatible Devices And Troubleshooting

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily)
2021-1-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can try the Litchi app
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_E7Md05BerQ22
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_tBzPwBuZyqtu Posted at 2020-6-6 19:12
I installed a system info app and it tells me that my phone is 32-bit. I checked  "Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 632 octa-core processor" and it tells me that it is 64 bit but the CPU architecture, on my phone,  is ARMv7-A which states on the ARM architecture Wikipedia states it it 32 bit. Fun times. Now next week I need to get a new phone.

DJI should have a phone compatibility check when ordering a drone.

Dji should make a handheld just for flying not a phone but just a device for the drone and it should come with the purchase of the drone. But then they add an extra $200 dollars to the price. I can't afford an expensive $400 phone. I got the mini as a gift after wanting it for so long other than a cheap one that does in 3 min. Average people just are not supposed to have cool stuff I guess. I will have to find a used compatible phone from someone.
2021-1-11
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DosFerret Posted at 2020-6-1 20:13
it's not like I have chineese knock offs or some such, you should put warnings on the site or in the descritpion that you don't support motorola. I didn't buy a budget drone to be forced into a new phone. my spark worked fine on my G6. is there a backdoor way to conect the mini to the go4 app? I don't care about recomended I just want to fly the dang thing.I tried installing an early version of Fly but had the same issues.

Ferret: My reading of the App requirement does NOT list the phone you indicate.
2021-1-12
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 1-1 18:32
Litichi Beta only supports the Mavic Air 2 and the Mini. The Mini 2 will not be supported until DJI releases an SDK for it.

Here are a couple of links with a list of phones and tablets which will work with the Fly app (verified by users).

The OP indicated he owns a Mini, not Mini 2.  And Litchi support for the mini and Air (not Air 2) is out of Beta and part of the full functional App. ( this post as of 01/12/2021 )
2021-1-12
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_E7Md05BerQ22 Posted at 1-11 19:57
Dji should make a handheld just for flying not a phone but just a device for the drone and it should come with the purchase of the drone. But then they add an extra $200 dollars to the price. I can't afford an expensive $400 phone. I got the mini as a gift after wanting it for so long other than a cheap one that does in 3 min. Average people just are not supposed to have cool stuff I guess. I will have to find a used compatible phone from someone.

You know, you're right.. average people should not have cool stuff.  
2021-1-12
Use props
Brad Scarp
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-6-1 19:56
Hello there DosFerret. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this matter the only application that is recommended and that can be used in operating or flying your DJI Mavic Mini is the DJI Fly application. In addition, the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.

[view_image]

I don't suppose that you could make the DJI Go app compatible with the Mini 2 so that we could actually use the drone?
2021-3-9
Use props
Aiolos Vega
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7680 ft
  • >>>
Greece

try the rainbow app from play store
2021-3-10
Use props
fansa8e0b403
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14829 ft
United States

I cannot believe that after almost a year with the Mavic Air 2, that it STILL doesn’t have live streaming and is still using the CRAPPY fly app!!!!!  Getting rid of this drone, so sick of the Fly app
2021-3-14
Use props
Bob Barker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Its unbelievable that so many of you bought a device that didn't do what you wanted it to. If you want bells and whistles, pay for them. The mini 2 is a great little drone that does exactly what it says it will do. If you didn't check your phones compatibility thats because your stupid, not that DJI have failed in anyway. Were you ever promised live streaming? No, so why not buy a drone that supports it. I bought a 4 door sallon but it doesn't do 200 mph yet!! Will I get on to Ford to find out why? No, because I'm not stupid.
2021-3-30
Use props
fans25991fae
New

United States

Bob Barker Posted at 3-30 03:55
Its unbelievable that so many of you bought a device that didn't do what you wanted it to. If you want bells and whistles, pay for them. The mini 2 is a great little drone that does exactly what it says it will do. If you didn't check your phones compatibility thats because your stupid, not that DJI have failed in anyway. Were you ever promised live streaming? No, so why not buy a drone that supports it. I bought a 4 door sallon but it doesn't do 200 mph yet!! Will I get on to Ford to find out why? No, because I'm not stupid.

*you're...stupid.......
Ironic, huh?
2021-5-8
Use props
petekaner
lvl.1
Spain

DosFerret Posted at 2020-6-1 20:13
it's not like I have chineese knock offs or some such, you should put warnings on the site or in the descritpion that you don't support motorola. I didn't buy a budget drone to be forced into a new phone. my spark worked fine on my G6. is there a backdoor way to conect the mini to the go4 app? I don't care about recomended I just want to fly the dang thing.I tried installing an early version of Fly but had the same issues.

I have exactly the same issue and same phone. The supported phones list is just a joke, I just posted a thread to complain about it https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=243766
2021-6-1
Use props
Terl
lvl.1

Netherlands

Since today my DJI Fly app has disappeared from my Iphone. Can't upload it anymore. Seems to have disappeared from internet. So can't use my drone (DJI mini 2) anymore because I can't look at the recorded image on my mob. phone during flight. Is there an alternative app?So that I get images of my drone on my screen? Thanks in advance.
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_UH0TLc5hWFJU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6981821 ft
United States

I have a phone thats only purpose in life Is to run my dji software. I have mavic mini and air 2, both of which use dji fly, and that phone Is a Motorola g7! Don't know what the issue for you is but I've been using this phone for these drones for almost 2 years, with all the updates and never a single hiccup.
2021-11-28
Use props
NewToThis
lvl.1

New Zealand

tim6575 Posted at 2020-7-23 14:35
same problem just got drone today and canbt install app looks like i will be returning

How did you get on with returning your drone? It seems a year later this issue isn't resolved. I have a 64gb phone and I am unable to run the app or even install it. Waiting for a response from DJI but am looking at a return and full refund if they won't or can't help.
2021-11-29
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

S-e-ven your comment
About 4GB of ram or less is not only false it confuses the issue which is a 32 bit processor. The issue is not RAM according to DJI the Fly app requires 2 GB of RAM, however it also requires a 64-bit processor. If you don't have a 64-bit processor you could have 12 GB of RAM and the app won't run.
I'm using a Google pixel 3a (64-bit processor with 4 GB RAM) and the app runs just fine.
I even dug up my original Pixel and loaded the app on it and it ran on that platform as well.
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_XTbumXRdaHjP
lvl.1

United States

Pappy3 Posted at 2021-1-1 18:32
Litichi Beta only supports the Mavic Air 2 and the Mini. The Mini 2 will not be supported until DJI releases an SDK for it.

After not being able to download DJI Fly to my Moto e, looking for alternatives, I stumbled on the site you list  which talks about compatible devices. the Moto G Power is listed as compatible so that's what I bought. Unfortunately I'm still stuck. DJI Fly doesn't appear in the app store and though I managed to d/l it from DJI, I couldn't install it and I get the error msg "Can't Open File". Another site (big-photography.com) had an FAQ that says "Google announced a while back that app developers will have to ensure their apps are packaged as bundles (AAB) rather than the standard APK." And the file I downloaded was APK. So as to the compatibility "verified by users" maybe take that with a grain or so of salt--- or maybe I'm all wet, can anyone tell me how to fix?
2022-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules