698 10 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1J0dDUst3pNB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40807 ft
United States

Good evening everyone,

Having quite the hard time trying to follow that connection guide. Also tried my hand at the "Integrate WSDK into application" guide, also a no-go. Some of the information seems a bit outdated. As someone who has never messed around with SDK's it's a little hard to follow at times. All I'm trying to get out of this is connecting my Transmitter to my PC so that other sims besides the DJI Simulator will recognize the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2020-6-1
Use props
Spacemarine
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

WSDK only supports Mavic Air, Mavic 2 series and Phantom 4 V2.0. What is your model?
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_1J0dDUst3pNB
lvl.1
United States

Spacemarine Posted at 6-1 19:46
WSDK only supports Mavic Air, Mavic 2 series and Phantom 4 V2.0. What is your model?

I own the Phantom 4 V2.0
2020-6-1
Use props
Spacemarine
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Follow this guide since you are P4V2.0+. Link: https://developer.dji.com/window ... ion/P4PV2_plus.html
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_1J0dDUst3pNB
lvl.1
United States

Spacemarine Posted at 6-1 23:57
Follow this guide since you are P4V2.0+. Link: https://developer.dji.com/windows-sdk/documentation/connection/P4PV2_plus.html

That's the guide I was having issues following. As I've said, I've never messed around with SDK's before so it got a bit hard to follow. If someone would be willing to help me out through the SDK portion of that guide, that would be great.
2020-6-2
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi. You mentioned "All I'm trying to get out of this is connecting my Transmitter to my PC so that other sims besides the DJI Simulator will recognize the device.".  I am not sure what you mean. Why other sims besides the DJI Simulator will recognize the device?
2020-6-2
Use props
Social Inept
lvl.1
United States

kv886 Posted at 6-2 19:49
Hi. You mentioned "All I'm trying to get out of this is connecting my Transmitter to my PC so that other sims besides the DJI Simulator will recognize the device.".  I am not sure what you mean. Why other sims besides the DJI Simulator will recognize the device?

Because I want to use my Transmitter to practice with other sims. Not just DJI?

Or are you asking why the other sims are not recognizing the controller?
In which case I couldn't give you an answer. In so far as I can understand, something about the software in the controller blocks it from being read properly in the usb port. That's a guess, judging by the guide I tried following.
2020-6-2
Use props
Spacemarine
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, we are trying to help you connect yoour P4P2.0+ to WSDK. Anything beyond that, we don't know how to help you. First of all, you need to pair up your controller with drone. Secondly, you need to install a driver so that the PC can recognise your controller. Then you can use WSDK sample.
2020-6-4
Use props
Social Inept
lvl.1
United States

Spacemarine Posted at 6-4 20:06
Hi, we are trying to help you connect yoour P4P2.0+ to WSDK. Anything beyond that, we don't know how to help you. First of all, you need to pair up your controller with drone. Secondly, you need to install a driver so that the PC can recognise your controller. Then you can use WSDK sample.

I've done all of the above already. What do you mean by "Then you can use WSDK sample".
How do I do that?
2020-6-4
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I think it is this https://github.com/dji-sdk/Windows-SDK. It is the sample code provide by DJI.
2020-6-5
Use props
Social Inept
lvl.1
United States

kv886 Posted at 6-5 01:34
I think it is this https://github.com/dji-sdk/Windows-SDK. It is the sample code provide by DJI.

Right, I've already downloaded the Windows SDK, the problem I'm having is doing all the stuff in Visual Studio as i've never done anything like it before.
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules