Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Data Link Instant Loss for 90 seconds
845 12 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FieldPivot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417530 ft
United States

Hello fellow flyers!

I am a bit on edge, having just purchased my SECOND Mavic 2 Pro in 2 months. . I am still looking for my first one in a heavy wooded area. I was loosing sleep so I bit the bullet (again). Not that it help all the pain having another, I still think of the lone bird setting in a tree somewhere. My inititve is to take this new one to the loss site 6 hours away and run a monitored duplicate waypoint mission. Off topic here, just sharing this to say, I am very gun shy at this point. Which leaves much room to give me hell for this following flight.

Anyways, I am hopeful someone can explain what happened here.

As can be seen, a very close distance flight with an instant data link loss.

Things to note, I was able to control the aircraft at all times, and only knew something was happening because my IOS or controller was making a garbled digital sound every now and then. I was in fact Live Streaming to facebook and the replay had lots of cut out areas. I can only speculate and say that I was having some type of interference on the video downlink only? Here is the data.  https://app.airdata.com/flight/9247d65d9fee07e4e0ccf615c332e993
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FieldPivot. I am sorry to know what happened to your first DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate issue happened on your first DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your understanding.
2020-6-8
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 20:54
Hello there FieldPivot. I am sorry to know what happened to your first DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate issue happened on your first DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your understanding.

This is no longer my largest concern.   I am more focused on trying to get express service which I have paid for.   I paid 119 bucks for it, yet I cant get a shipping label.
2020-6-8
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.2
United States

FieldPivot Posted at 6-8 20:57
This is no longer my largest concern.   I am more focused on trying to get express service which I have paid for.   I paid 119 bucks for it, yet I cant get a shipping label.

What is most unfortunate is the several people who say several different things.   I am reaching to the office via Linkedin.   This forum is truly giving me the run around.

I have paid for the following:
May 2020.  Bought a Mavic 2 Pro. 1740 bucks
Refresh Care Plus. 150

June 2020 another Mavic 2 Pro another 1740.00
Refesh Care Plus another 150

June 2020.
Express Service 119.00
Total over 4 thousand dollars

Yet I cant get ANY support!   This is ludicrous!

2020-6-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

FieldPivot Posted at 6-8 21:00
What is most unfortunate is the several people who say several different things.   I am reaching to the office via Linkedin.   This forum is truly giving me the run around.

I have paid for the following:

Ludicrous? No. Normal. If you want action, reply to Stephen's message, that way he gets alerted to the fact you replied.
2020-6-8
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-8 21:23
Ludicrous? No. Normal. If you want action, reply to Stephen's message, that way he gets alerted to the fact you replied.

Having to resort to a forum in an effort to get "Express" "Priority" service.  Which by the way, I paid 149 plus 119 dollars for.  IS NOT normal.
2020-6-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

FieldPivot Posted at 6-8 21:27
Having to resort to a forum in an effort to get "Express" "Priority" service.  Which by the way, I paid 149 plus 119 dollars for.  IS NOT normal.

I gave you the answer, use it or not, I don't care. The moderators do not see your messages, as they do not scan all traffic on this forum. But if you use the reply button to one of their messages, in this case message #2, then Stephen will get an alert and most likely reply to you.
2020-6-10
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-10 20:20
I gave you the answer, use it or not, I don't care. The moderators do not see your messages, as they do not scan all traffic on this forum. But if you use the reply button to one of their messages, in this case message #2, then Stephen will get an alert and most likely reply to you.

This has been resolved,  work on your attitude.
By the way see #3 genius.
2020-6-10
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-10 20:20

It's not you! You tried.
2020-6-11
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Well, at least you got your label then....
Let the process proceed...
2020-6-11
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.2
United States

Paul_ Posted at 6-11 02:17
It's not you! You tried.

He did not try to do anything except for degrade another human (Me) without first fact checking his own statement.  Fact, I did reply to Stephen, see post #3.

Another fact, I was abrasive in some previous post (nothing to do with @Geebax).  This stems from having spent 4k dollars on DJI equipment in less than 30 days and being a bit on the edge for various reasons.

These have all been resolved, which includes the recovery of an aircraft, professional service of DJI including, Twitter, Stephen, Natalie and email dialog with Katy and Abbey.

Kind regards!
2020-6-11
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

Hi FieldPivot sorry for you loss, as for the link loss you definitely experienced a Video Link loss, probably because of a loose or faulty USB connection to the controller; you can search for "fix loose USB/lightning connector" to check if it applies to you, or even buy a new lightning USB adapter. If the data link were broken then the drone would've started a RTH procedure
2020-6-13
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.2
United States

heliaetus Posted at 6-13 11:14
Hi FieldPivot sorry for you loss, as for the link loss you definitely experienced a Video Link loss, probably because of a loose or faulty USB connection to the controller; you can search for "fix loose USB/lightning connector" to check if it applies to you, or even buy a new lightning USB adapter. If the data link were broken then the drone would've started a RTH procedure

Good information, thanks!

Also,  I have since recovered the lost Mavic 2

All is good, looking forward to doing some video shots of a Mavic 2, with a Mavic 2.  
2020-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules