578 29 2020-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.app.com/videos/news/local/2020/06/02/george-floyd-drone-footage-shows-march-asbury-park/5313998002/

I came from the Spark and flew exactly like how I did with the Spark.  I knew I needed something better as DJI is reliable so I eventually got the M2P and it did great!  Only problem is they have heavily compressed the footage and didn't use another location and better footage that I would've used, I assume to rush it out.  After 1 hour of them receiving the files and my forms they've uploaded it to their website and people are asking me if I flew in message. : )

thx DJI, continue the support of all the drones I have : )
2020-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on being published,  its a great feeling.  
2020-6-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats!!
2020-6-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats
2020-6-2
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool that you were able to catch history unfolding on film.
Safe flying
2020-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 6-2 07:22
Cool that you were able to catch history unfolding on film.
Safe flying

I saw a friend live stream on facebook and asked him where he was and he said Asbury Park then not immediately after I realized to contact my contact I have kept the message way way back when I just had the Mavic 2 Zoom and got the A73 looking for jobs.

If crazy things are happening around your areas and you film it, just sign some agreements real quick digitally, show them a bit of a demo and if they are interested it will work out fast.  There are plenty of things that could be used on the news.
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 14:00
I saw a friend live stream on facebook and asked him where he was and he said Asbury Park then not immediately after I realized to contact my contact I have kept the message way way back when I just had the Mavic 2 Zoom and got the A73 looking for jobs.

If crazy things are happening around your areas and you film it, just sign some agreements real quick digitally, show them a bit of a demo and if they are interested it will work out fast.  There are plenty of things that could be used on the news.

How did you get the waiver to fly directly over people?
You have got one, haven't you?
2020-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 16:17
How did you get the waiver to fly directly over people?
You have got one, haven't you?

Top operator work requires discretion and safety.  It was highly taken into consideration in flight and wasn't flown directly over people for a long period of time, only when crossing.  The riot parades are spontaneous.  We don't live in a world how it used to be where things are scheduled a week in advance.  People were very heated and yelling Black Lives Matter and George Floyd in unison, it was quite scary.
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 16:22
Top operator work requires discretion and safety.  It was highly taken into consideration in flight and wasn't flown directly over people for a long period of time, only when crossing.  The riot parades are spontaneous.  We don't live in a world how it used to be where things are scheduled a week in advance.  People were very heated and yelling Black Lives Matter and George Floyd in unison, it was quite scary.

That's all very well but doesn't address the question I asked.
The flight over people waiver is very hard to get.
I wouldn't be excited having video like that getting around with my name on it.
2020-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 16:46
That's all very well but doesn't address the question I asked.
The flight over people waiver is very hard to get.
I wouldn't be excited having video like that getting around with my name on it.

I understand but if you examine the video especially where the hovering positions were it was flown with safety in mind.   There was a curfew at 8PM and happened to get lucky to get the shot of them going down that location.  The window was probably +/- 1 hour.  I'm pretty sure officials are understanding.  I left I think at 6PM as I saw my friend live streaming on facebook an hour or 2 ago.  I already charged batteries because the day before I had a drone job.

How is it like where you live?  Can you take some shots?  I thought it was pretty crazy it was happening around here.
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 16:52
I understand but if you examine the video especially where the hovering positions were it was flown with safety in mind.

I'm sure the FAA would understand that you didn't fly directly over people ... except for the times that you did.
Sounds fine to me.
2020-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 16:53
I'm sure the FAA would understand that you didn't fly directly over people ... except for the times that you did.
Sounds fine to me.

Flying over people Over a concert audience is obviously not good but crossing from side to side is not the same.  You don't know how bad the situation is out there.  Examine the footage closely.  People need to see what is going on.  When you are on the ground you cannot see end to end.  It's more of a reconnaissance too for officials.

People should be flying as a freelancer for their local news outlet.  There are no drone pilots.  It could help people out around your area to know what is going on.  I was hearing my local post office was shutting down then realized it was just for one day.  Seeing the parade was controlled w/o violence is comforting.

Just contact your local news outlet and ask if they can buy your footage.  You go through some digital paperwork (agreement), upload them to Google Drive, and they present it on their website or newspaper.  Just don't hover over people or directly fly over the parade but alongside it.

and I've already applied for the waivers way back that is already on file since I first got my license that people have no idea about on here.  I also use AirMap LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability) all the time.  I fly low when aircraft are near and just hover until they are gone.  I have a CDL-A license and other endorsements that require a physical, special government fingerprints that I have to pay for, passing a government database check, and passing a retest every 2 years to keep.  The government knows me and my local PD.  When you got people in the world who don't want to give their ID, I prefer to give it as well as being as transparent as possible.

But yeah, just contact local news media and try to see if you can get your aerials bought (license of course).  It's crazy out there, believe it or not.  They pay after, not immediately.  They want to be first in showing certain things, not last and you can get rewarded a bit for it rather than keeping it for yourself and no one sees it but yourself and some others.
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 16:55
Flying over people Over a concert audience is obviously not good but crossing from side to side is not the same.  You don't know how bad the situation is out there.  Examine the footage closely.  People need to see what is going on.  When you are on the ground you cannot see end to end.  It's more of a reconnaissance too for officials.

People should be flying as a freelancer for their local news outlet.  There are no drone pilots.  It could help people out around your area to know what is going on.  I was hearing my local post office was shutting down then realized it was just for one day.  Seeing the parade was controlled w/o violence is comforting.

Flying over people Over a concert audience is obviously not good but crossing from side to side is not the same.  You don't know how bad the situation is out there.  Examine the footage closely.  People need to see what is going on.   ... there were people marching in the streets  blah .. blah .. blah
When you put it like that, I'm sure the FAA would understand that there's really no need for that silly 107.39 or avoiding flying over people after all.
btw .. what kind of parachute are you using?
2020-6-2
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats
2020-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

thx to all the support
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 18:30
I have other things to do than entertain you.

You aren't entertaining me at all.
I'm just surprised (maybe I shouldn't be) at how little you understand or care for flying rules.
2020-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 19:21
You aren't entertaining me at all.
I'm just surprised (maybe I shouldn't be) at how little you understand or care for flying rules.

I'm surprised you still think you take better photographs than me.
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 19:52

But I'd be surprised if you could find a single time when I've said that.
Are you a mind reader now?

I can't see how that's relevant to you flying over crowds and happy to  have your name on the video that's been published showing it.
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 19:57
Don't play dumb.  There are people a lot smarter than you think.

Like I said, I'm done entertaining you.

Don't play dumb.
That's not something I do.
There are people a lot smarter than you think.
It's hard to tell what you mean but if you're including yourself, you are mistaken.
2020-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 20:01
Don't play dumb.
That's not something I do.
There are people a lot smarter than you think.

I've updated post #30.  Reread it.
2020-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 20:02
I've updated post #30.  Reread it.

That makes as little sense as most of your prattling does.
2020-6-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nicely done, Congrats Ant
2020-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

thx    : )
2020-6-3
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-2 14:00
I saw a friend live stream on facebook and asked him where he was and he said Asbury Park then not immediately after I realized to contact my contact I have kept the message way way back when I just had the Mavic 2 Zoom and got the A73 looking for jobs.

If crazy things are happening around your areas and you film it, just sign some agreements real quick digitally, show them a bit of a demo and if they are interested it will work out fast.  There are plenty of things that could be used on the news.

Cool... Sounds good.
Thanks for the tips
2020-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 6-3 06:14
Cool... Sounds good.
Thanks for the tips

yeah   : )
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this wonderful information with us. Congratulations, two thumbs up and keep on flying.
2020-6-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 21:01
Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this wonderful information with us. Congratulations, two thumbs up and keep on flying.

thx, can you also send the word to the developers that when you use DJI GS Pro on a route, it doesn't always take a picture every single time?  Can you make it a priority to take a picture before moving to the next waypoint?  I'm using hover&capture and it stops, doesn't shoot, sometimes doesn't shoot for multiple waypoints which isn't good when you are flying a tight orthomosaic run.  Can you have them add the code to make sure a picture is taken before moving to next waypoint?  I have to refly the mission or run photos manually which is time consuming and when strapped for limited battery, it's not too Professional.

Using latest iPad, firmwares, and updates.
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_yvjSWADOiDe7
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 6-2 18:12
Flying over people Over a concert audience is obviously not good but crossing from side to side is not the same.  You don't know how bad the situation is out there.  Examine the footage closely.  People need to see what is going on.   ... there were people marching in the streets  blah .. blah .. blah
When you put it like that, I'm sure the FAA would understand that there's really no need for that silly 107.39 or avoiding flying over people after all.
btw .. what kind of parachute are you using?

This is my first post.  I stayed away from the forums because I just knew, just knew, there would be passive-aggressive jerks on these forums.  I've literally gone through the forum for less than 60 seconds.  Congratulations.

It's also interesting that it was an Aussie.  I've come across a handful of YouTubers from Australia and each of them acts the same way.  Is the sun baking your brains over there?  Are you bored fromisland fever and it's making you a nasty jerk?  
2020-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_yvjSWADOiDe7 Posted at 6-10 05:55
This is my first post.  I stayed away from the forums because I just knew, just knew, there would be passive-aggressive jerks on these forums.  I've literally gone through the forum for less than 60 seconds.  Congratulations.

It's also interesting that it was an Aussie.  I've come across a handful of YouTubers from Australia and each of them acts the same way.  Is the sun baking your brains over there?  Are you bored fromisland fever and it's making you a nasty jerk?

G'day nasty yank jerk.
That's a great way to start on the forum by being a prick.
... try reading a hundred or so posts from the incredible excruciating ant man and see how you fare.
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 6-9 10:04
thx, can you also send the word to the developers that when you use DJI GS Pro on a route, it doesn't always take a picture every single time?  Can you make it a priority to take a picture before moving to the next waypoint?  I'm using hover&capture and it stops, doesn't shoot, sometimes doesn't shoot for multiple waypoints which isn't good when you are flying a tight orthomosaic run.  Can you have them add the code to make sure a picture is taken before moving to next waypoint?  I have to refly the mission or run photos manually which is time consuming and when strapped for limited battery, it's not too Professional.

Using latest iPad, firmwares, and updates.

Hi there AntDX316. Thank you for the reply and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules